PDA

View Full Version : New here

anjers
01-17-2012, 06:26 PM
Hello, I am new here.
I have a Alltel Blackberry 8130 and I am wanting to flash it to Cricket. The area that I am in, according to Cricket is a Tri-band area. Is it going to be possible at all to flash a Alltel Blackberry to Cricket's service? I don't mind at all if MMS doesn't work.

Seeing that I am new to all of this but do learn fairly quickly, Where would I begin to flash my bb at?

rich hathaway
01-17-2012, 11:56 PM
welcome to gurus dude,try the flashing basics section of the forum,then jump over to the cricket section and look for blackberry.feel free to ask any questions as well.good luck.

whitey10tc
01-18-2012, 12:34 AM
Hello, I am new here.
I have a Alltel Blackberry 8130 and I am wanting to flash it to Cricket. The area that I am in, according to Cricket is a Tri-band area. Is it going to be possible at all to flash a Alltel Blackberry to Cricket's service? I don't mind at all if MMS doesn't work.

Seeing that I am new to all of this but do learn fairly quickly, Where would I begin to flash my bb at?The thing with triband markets and flashed phones, to my understanding. Is the native cricket market is triband AWS while it does have the Sprint coverage, cricket generally does not allow flashed phones to be activated in the AWS areas, because it would always be using the partner (Sprint) coverage. While there have been some reports of success, I have also heard of people porting their numbers they had for years, activating, then 2-3 months later loosing the number because they were terminated for TOS violations.

I had buddy that went to Vegas for month on Temp job and cricket killed his line after 3 weeks. He was able to get his line re-activated by buying a cheap cricket phone but some have not been so lucky.

samiam
01-20-2012, 06:28 AM
@rich hathaway I hear you are the guy who actaully figures it out How much would it cost for me to come to you and get my iphone fully flashed before you release it publicly and you probably been asked that a thousand times sorry im new here lol