PDA

View Full Version : Product review: Sylvania SYNETA7 7" Android netbook from ToysRus

whitey10tc
01-10-2012, 02:48 PM
THis a product review of the Sylvania SYNETA7 7" Android Netbook from ToysRus that my 8 yr old son purchased using money he saved up from Birthdays and Christmas. This review is both for the item and the retailer (ToysRus).
We'll first review the provider ToysRus
ToysRus Review:
His order was placed on December 26, 2011 (the day after Christmas) "the website had low reviews, but it's a netbook for kids so we chanced the purchase." When placing the order the website said item ships in 1-2 business days, and gave an estimated delivery of Jan. 3, 2012. This did not happen on Jan. 4, 2012 I placed the call to customer service and spoke with a "Jake" who stated the item shipped and gave me a tracking number that showed in on the UPS website that it had not even been picked up yet. (Lie #1) after I questioned it, he proceeded to tell me that UPS doesn't update the info until it's been delivered. (lie #2) Finally one week later than promised we receive it. When opening the taped up box I find the item in a bag that is too small with fingerprints and scratches on the case. We proceed to boot it up and test things out.
Product review:
Product is a piece of junk not even suitable for a toy. These are the problems noted in the first few minutes.
The wifi network connection turns off after 5 minutes and requires a reboot to reinable.
The screen is of low quality.
The bottom heats up quickly when plugged in.
The mouse pad is very small and textured.
Apps do not appear after restrating device.
Browser is slow.
keyboard is very small.

Now back to the toysrus review:

After calling toyRus to request a return for a defective item (wifi issues and scratches) the rep proceeds to do her best, but refuses to connect me with a supervisor. In the process I was informed that we will be waiting upto 4 weeks a refund.

To sum it up, don't buy this item and don't buy from toyrus.com