PDA

View Full Version : Verizon CDMA iphone 4 IOS 5.0.1 Cricket/ MetroPCS

rathin1980
12-14-2011, 08:15 AM
is it possible to flash iphone 4 with IOS 5.0.1. jailbroken to work in Cricket or MetroPCS? if so what PRL shud I use and do i need to patch commcenter?

Please help! Thanks

rich hathaway
12-14-2011, 09:57 AM
its possible,look for the guide posted in the iphone forum for cricket it will work for metro also.you do not have to break cc for talk and text.

stickies
12-14-2011, 07:00 PM
Rich this is not working for 5.0.1 as you know am I missing something? I don't believe anyone with 5.0.1 has been successful flashing to cricket I am sure it will be the same for metro

stickies
12-14-2011, 07:01 PM
is it possible to flash iphone 4 with IOS 5.0.1. jailbroken to work in Cricket or MetroPCS? if so what PRL shud I use and do i need to patch commcenter?

Please help! Thanks He if you are successful flashing 5.0.1 let me know as I don't think it will work.

rich hathaway
12-14-2011, 07:30 PM
use ota if possible in your area

manjilt
12-15-2011, 12:59 PM
i upgraded from 4.2.10 and mine was already flashed to cricket and its working for me. the only thing that isnt working is web and text. Rich how do you check your prl on ios 5.01

rich hathaway
12-15-2011, 01:07 PM
i upgraded from 4.2.10 and mine was already flashed to cricket and its working for me. the only thing that isnt working is web and text. Rich how do you check your prl on ios 5.01

With iOS 5.0 and up go to:
Settings>> General >> About... and scroll to the entry below Version... tap that until you see PRL show up... and the number will be the PRL on your idevice.

rathin1980
12-15-2011, 11:41 PM
its possible,look for the guide posted in the iphone forum for cricket it will work for metro also.you do not have to break cc for talk and text.
Hi Rich, thanks for the reply. I looked in the guides but not able to find the right one. i would appreciate if you can put a link here. Also what do you mean i dont have to break contract? do u mean i cqan still stay in the verizon contract?

romeropc100
12-16-2011, 02:42 PM
I tried months backs with a 4.2.10 jb and worked well..then even restored to stock ios5 the the prl would still be active. Now I'm trying with a jb semitethered 5.0.1 and is not sticking.. I do notice the pList files are different; PRI, PRL,PrlPush and other segments are named and placed differently... I tried changing prls, names.. Maybe it is too new too inject any prl or I'm missing something. I also read you need a patch for the signatures but I believe theres no one available for the CDMA ios5.

stickies
12-16-2011, 04:24 PM
I tried months backs with a 4.2.10 jb and worked well..then even restored to stock ios5 the the prl would still be active. Now I'm trying with a jb semitethered 5.0.1 and is not sticking.. I do notice the pList files are different; PRI, PRL,PrlPush and other segments are named and placed differently... I tried changing prls, names.. Maybe it is too new too inject any prl or I'm missing something. I also read you need a patch for the signatures but I believe theres no one available for the CDMA ios5. Exactly :torn: I don't know what to do either as I have no phone right now just a cheap pay go phone until someone comes through here or our buddy Rich here can help us out as he is a guru for sure. But like you I renamed files tried different things and it is a no go. I have one other lead I just wrote on a JB facebook page we will see if someone can tell me something worth bringing back to here for everyone Or whitey or Rich can post it. If you find something let us know.

romeropc100
12-16-2011, 09:52 PM
Exactly :torn: I don't know what to do either as I have no phone right now just a cheap pay go phone until someone comes through here or our buddy Rich here can help us out as he is a guru for sure. But like you I renamed files tried different things and it is a no go. I have one other lead I just wrote on a JB facebook page we will see if someone can tell me something worth bringing back to here for everyone Or whitey or Rich can post it. If you find something let us know.

Maybe you can downgrade to a 4.x.x version and try there if you saved your blobs. I cant since i got mine already on 5.0.1

motley28
12-24-2011, 03:51 AM
Are u guys still having problems jailbreaking ios 5? I have cricket and im semi tethered jailbroken with new ios 5.0.1. If u guys are having problems let me know i can prob help. Ill do best i can to remember exactly everything wasnt hard. First install ios 5.0.1 via itunes(of course u have to make sure the phones esn is active on your cricket account first for OTA programing to work) Now do a OTA programming update for cricket depending where u are the ota programming code will be different, but basically it will be *2280? the? is what will vary upon where u are mine was *22807 try all #'s between 1-9 to replace ? examples-- *22801, *22802...etc. until u get a voice telling u to stay on the line till your phone is programmed. If your phone was already on cricket before then i think prl should stiill be loaded. anytime u want to update prl when on cricket just dial *228 not *2280? the *2280? i believe is used to just circumvent carrier u are one and get to cricket. Once u are on ios 5 and have cricket prl rolling which means u can use your iphone on cricket service, then u can JB. First i suggest not jailbreaking until pod2g finishes the untethered jb unless u r experienced in jb'ing. but if u r like me and cant wait i suggest using sn0wbreeze for the JB and iBooyy(i think included with sn0wbreeze). iBooty is used when need to re-jb. Just read all instructions about it first. u can search these forums next for the thread i started on semi-tethered jb if thats what u want. The thread only has a couple of posts from me i guess no one else found semi-tethered interesting like me. The semi-tethered works great. I would use it if u JB otherwise I feel jailbreaking ios 5 worthless without it. Need help hit me up and ill do what i can.

Chrisothoulos
02-09-2012, 08:12 PM
Hey, can somebody help me flash my Verizon Iphone 4 IOS 5.0.1 to Metro PCS??? I am having trouble doing it because I am using a mac. Most files are for a PC. I tried Greenpoison but they dont seem to have the right file.. They have for the 4S