PDA

View Full Version : The Sign Said Introduce Myself!

whitey10tc
12-05-2011, 12:02 PM
Well, it looks like no one has made any tracks in the new Premium Forum yet. Also, I can't open even a tentative thread there to test the waters. Nor can I submit any profile info till I'm approved. That's OK, I have miles of reading to do here if I can find the time.Unfortunately it is a completely paid part of the forum, but the info is there to do what you need to do.

whitey10tc
12-05-2011, 02:02 PM
Forbidden to discuss in open (general forum) Hint premium forum. Welcome aboard.

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

2WebFeat
12-05-2011, 04:02 PM
'Nother Noob here;

I'm not looking to become a career phone tech, much less a guru. That's why I came here to find some. I'll be searching the forums for step by step instructions for finding joy with my new/used EVO 4G that I aim to have working 100% beautiful on Boost Mobile and plan to be running CM7.1. I just snagged this EVO off ebay in the wee hours of Black Friday when most were shopping or sleeping. Upon exam I see it has Android 2.3.3 Build 4.54.651.1. I couldn't get a bootloader just by holding vol down and power button but I got it when I did the same after popping the battery out and back in. Bootloader shows S-off. That's about all I know so far. I could just pay someone but I want to learn this phone so I can improve it again later. I have a Boost Incognito for a ***** phone. My only past experience is with a tank of an HTC Apache running windows 6.5 on Cricket. (Never did work that great for data but now I probably know why.) So, I'm off to look for the proper threads but feel free to give me a pointer as I'll keep an eye on this thread also.

2WebFeat

2WebFeat
12-05-2011, 04:12 PM
I see I should have stopped with a simple intro. I'd edit my post but I can't. Anyway, I'm certainly not looking to do anything illegal or get anyone in hot water.

2WebFeat

rich hathaway
12-05-2011, 05:10 PM
were glad u noticed the forums rules concerning flashing to boost and that it is illegal to change your meid,having said that welcome to the forum.

oh and btw,that is the fcc forbidding us to discuss it,most all other subjects are good.

2WebFeat
12-05-2011, 11:04 PM
Forbidden to discuss in open (general forum) Hint premium forum. Welcome aboard.

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Well, it looks like no one has made any tracks in the new Premium Forum yet. Also, I can't open even a tentative thread there to test the waters. Nor can I submit any profile info till I'm approved. That's OK, I have miles of reading to do here if I can find the time.

whitey10tc
12-05-2011, 11:11 PM
Hum that's odd, I'll have to check my setting my posts in this thread keep bumping to the top.

Scuba
12-05-2011, 11:48 PM
You probably had a problem going into Hboot because you had fastboot turned on in the phone which is default on most of the newer HW4 version Evo's I do believe its in Menu,Settings,Applications....there is a check mark next to it...Uncheck it to go into Hboot easier....You wont find alot of the info you need as it has to do with things that can not be mentioned here...I would suggest going with the premium section especially if you want to learn....there are guides there.Or you can search the net for countless hours :)

'Nother Noob here;

I'm not looking to become a career phone tech, much less a guru. That's why I came here to find some. I'll be searching the forums for step by step instructions for finding joy with my new/used EVO 4G that I aim to have working 100% beautiful on Boost Mobile and plan to be running CM7.1. I just snagged this EVO off ebay in the wee hours of Black Friday when most were shopping or sleeping. Upon exam I see it has Android 2.3.3 Build 4.54.651.1. I couldn't get a bootloader just by holding vol down and power button but I got it when I did the same after popping the battery out and back in. Bootloader shows S-off. That's about all I know so far. I could just pay someone but I want to learn this phone so I can improve it again later. I have a Boost Incognito for a ***** phone. My only past experience is with a tank of an HTC Apache running windows 6.5 on Cricket. (Never did work that great for data but now I probably know why.) So, I'm off to look for the proper threads but feel free to give me a pointer as I'll keep an eye on this thread also.

2WebFeat

MrClean
12-07-2011, 08:19 PM
Really new to phone tech.. Learning the ropes, trying to get a handle on the content of info here.. thanks for the depth of knowledge contributed.. I plan to try soaking it all in.. Thanks again.

rich hathaway
12-08-2011, 12:14 AM
welcome to gurus

whitey10tc
12-08-2011, 12:21 AM
Welcome, feel free to ask questions, comments, pointers, or just chit chat in the appropriate forums.

2WebFeat
12-08-2011, 12:58 AM
Maybe I wimped out but OTOH, the wiser thing for me was to get some hands-on help. I decided this after reading in the thread about difficulties in memory probing for the 0004 hardware with Android 2.3.3. I'll comment more in that thread. I'm not quite completely happy yet.