PDA

View Full Version : How to flash an HTC EVO Shift to Metro PCS

whitey10tc
11-30-2011, 11:51 PM
Metro PCS EVO Shift full flash
How to flash an HTC EVO Shift to Metro PCS

First and most important, you need a Metro number and your HTC Evo Shift MEID must be entered into the Metro inventory. With out these two key pcs you will be pounding your head.
This will cover how to enable data. If you need to know how to do the basic flash, let me know.

This is written for using CDMA WS 2.7 and QPST on a Win XP machine. (CDMA WS 3.5+ is easier and requares less work.)

First things first
Download and install the following on your PC.

CDMA WS 2.7 cracked (available in the software forum)
QPST 2.7 Build 323 (available in the software forum)
DIAG drivers (Available in the HTC Forums)
ShiftRRv1.0 [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Step 1 - Install Diag Drivers

1. Go to your phones dialer and dial ##3424#
2. Plug in your phone to the computer

Do the following if you computer does not autoload the drivers:

3. Go To Device Manager and there should be a unknown device
4. Right Click on The unknown device and Click on Update Driver Software
5. Click on the 2nd Option
6. Browse to the folder where you downloaded the drivers
7. Let It Install
8. Once It Installs, depending If Your system is 32 Bit Windows xp through 7 or Windows Vista or 7 64 Bit the place where youll see the port will be different.
For 32 Bit, In Device Manager Check under communication Port and you'll see
the port for your device
For 64 bit, In Device Manager check under Modems and right click on the HTC Modem and go to properties. Go to the modem tab and you'll see your port there
9. Open up CDMA Workshop and select the port of your device and click connect and then read (you may need to change the port number to below 10 to connect in this step)
10. Go to the security tab and in the SPC section hit read and thats your SPC code. Write It Down (you can also use MSL reader from the Android Market)

11. Now Open Up QPST Configuration
12. Click On Add New Port
13. Uncheck the box that says Show Serial etc etc
14. This is what it should look like after you add port
15. Go To Start Clients and click on Service Programming
16. A window with ESN, phone number will pop up just hit ok
17. The programming window will come up
18. Click on Read from Phone and enter your SPC Code that you wrote down

19. Once it reads the contents from your phone, there will be a checkbox on the right side that says SPC Change Available. Check the box and change your the area that says Service Programing to 6 Zero's. <- this part may have changed. >
Don't hit write just yet

20. Go To the Display Tab and Change It To MetroPCS

21. Go To The M.I.P. Tab and be sure to set it to SIMPLE IP
23. Now Click on the profile 0 and hit edit
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

24. Now do the exact same thing for Profile 1.

25. Go To the PPP Config Tab Now and copy all the settings below

RM Tab
LCP 20, 1000, 3, 2, 3000
IPCP 20, 1000, 3, 3, 1000 ignore
IPCPV6 20, 1000, 3, 3, 1000 ignore

PPP Autintication
retries
Timeout
check box Req PW Ecn
checkbox PPP Detect

26. Still while in the PPP Config Tab go to UM Section and copy settings

LCP 20, 1000, 3, 2, 3000
ipcp 20, 1000, 3, 3, 1000 disable
ipcpv6 0, 0, 28, 0, 768 ignored

PPP Authintication
retries 5
timeout 3000
tethered NAI
Userid
check req pw enc
check optimized dormant handoff

Now for Tethered Nai and User ID type in your
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

For you password go to whiterabbit.org and type in your MEID or ESN in the box labeled "Calculate." Once you calculate your password(it will be called MetroPCS MSL) enter into your password box. You may find this on the top of QPST Service programming window. If you look at my pictures its the numbers located on top that are blurred out.

27. One You Have finished in the UM Section of the PPP Config tab go to the AN Tab and re-enter the same info except the tethered NAI

28. One Finished Hit Write to Phone. You'll Get an Error, but dont worry just ignore it and then unplug your phone and reboot your phone

29. After reboot you may root using ShiftRRv1.0

30. This tutorial was comprised from other tutorial from xda, cdmagurus and hofo. Some things may have changed and if so maybe a Metro PCS flasher can correct.

FASST
12-02-2011, 11:21 PM
can you do the same with an evo 4g? i guess it was an evo 4g the whole time no shift. i feel like an idiot.

FASST
12-03-2011, 04:48 AM
on step 13 when i uncheck the box my com pops up i click on it and press kay and it says error enabling com5 port not may be working properly or may be busy. what to do? thanks in advance

whitey10tc
12-03-2011, 03:33 PM
try changing the com port using your device manager. and yes this should also work for an Evo 4G, just the rooting is different.

mannyhector
12-03-2011, 04:41 PM
also make sure to disconnect from workshop. if using qpst.

Gerardo Perez
12-18-2011, 03:38 AM
can you tell me how to do a basic flash?

molosos
02-19-2012, 02:58 AM
Would this work on a Samsung Nexus S 4g ?

rich hathaway
02-19-2012, 11:59 AM
nexus s is different to get the diag port,and the flash is a bit different as well.but this thread is not for nexus,it is for evo shift.

molosos
02-19-2012, 01:28 PM
Do you know wheres a tut to flash it to MetroPcs thanks in advance

rich hathaway
02-19-2012, 05:24 PM
no,im not a metro guy but a cricket guy instead.sorry,that is probly still gonna be a paid solution im afraid.

roy.calderon88
04-22-2012, 01:51 PM
In the notes it says that we need to have a metro phone number, which I do have seeing as how I just opened a new account with them, but it also says that I need to have my MEID entered into their data base. Can I enter it myself? Is it legal for me to enter it if at all possible? And if it is possible, how is it done will I have to take it to a metro store because when I opened the account I asked them if they still do flashing and they said that they do not anymore.

whitey10tc
04-22-2012, 02:15 PM
In the notes it says that we need to have a metro phone number, which I do have seeing as how I just opened a new account with them, but it also says that I need to have my MEID entered into their data base. Can I enter it myself? Is it legal for me to enter it if at all possible? And if it is possible, how is it done will I have to take it to a metro store because when I opened the account I asked them if they still do flashing and they said that they do not anymore.Yes you will need a Metro MDN and will also need to have the MEID put into the Metro system. If you have access to the Metro system then yes you can do it, but most likely you will need to find a dealer that can do it. But keep in mind that if a dealer can/will do it, they will charge anywhere between $30-$100 to do so.

susan.ef
04-28-2012, 12:25 PM
Hi eveyone this is my 1st time posting here :) I was wondering if anyone could update these instructions for the newest cdma 3.8. I pretty much got it based on these instructions but there are different tabs in the newer version that gets me confused. Any help would be much appreciated THANKS!! GURUS