PDA

View Full Version : Need help itunes 3194 error

stickies
11-29-2011, 01:32 AM
Hey all, Itunes goes to do an update it says 5.0.1 I say ok then after it downloads it gives me a 3194 error. When I use redsnow it get stuck on a place that says Please wait while your build is being processed and down further says exploiting with limera 1n. I think it has to do with signatures? I have no backups for this at all Any help?

stickies
11-29-2011, 01:47 AM
OK maybe I just fixed it. I did another google and found a better fix using tiny umbrella right now the phone is 1/2 way done restoring! ha wooo. Well if I run into another problem I will be sure to be back :)

stickies
11-29-2011, 01:49 AM
Well let me ask this. Could I have used tiny umbrella then done a jailbreak with out itunes restoring first?

rich hathaway
11-29-2011, 10:46 AM
Why are u updating?updating is bad bro,especially if ur gonna try and flash yer phones.first thing u should always do is save blobs and/or shsh so u have a way to restore when u screw up. but really never upgrade unless u just like searching for fixes and waiting for software realeses for new platforms.

i will say it again ALL UPDATES DO IS CAUSE PROBLEMS PERIOD.

its good that u ask alot of questions but give time for someone to answer u before u proceed unless u know what u are doing.

stickies
11-29-2011, 11:25 AM
Thanks Rich reason I updated it when I got the phones they where stuck at the boot logo and already had 5.0 on them at one time. I was able to get that iphone 4 up will I be able to flash it now??? 5.0 ios and 3.0.03 modem FW? I got it jailbroke but don't know if I can flash it? Thank you I do understand your point above I did upgrade one of the phones I have and did not. I did not know how to point itunes to the lower ios when I hit restore it took off but I think I have that figured out now? double clicking on the ipsw icon?

rich hathaway
11-29-2011, 12:22 PM
no,you need to hold down your shift key then click restore and it will option u to select a firm,however must be a signed firm or no dice.that is why it is very important to save blobs and/or sh files before we mod our iphones,that way we can build signed firms to get us back to a managable firm or at least where we started from.

stickies
11-29-2011, 01:56 PM
OOO I am bad! darn it on me! OK I have another one now on 4.28 verizon iphone 4 I want to unlock so I will do the hold shift. I have a 3G stuck with a 1013 code I searched and did what was suppose to be the fix erreasing it going to apple server but no go also tried tiny Umbrella no dice either I take it there is no fix?
Also I can flash 5.0 on 3.0.03 following your guide right?

stickies
11-29-2011, 02:14 PM
OOPS, I am bad! I blew it on one phone. Ok I have one verizon iphone 4 right now I want to jailbreak and flash it is on 4.2.8 and modem FW is 1.0.06. How do I back it up so I have the shsh files? I seem some on my computer but they are for a different phone so they don't overright them how do I back it up and save somewhere?

rich hathaway
11-29-2011, 05:03 PM
either use redsn0w 0.9.9b8 or tiny to save them.for tiny wait for your device to show up on the left (on top) highlight it ten push save shsh it will be saved to your pc,open the advanced tab on tiny and it will show u the path where tiny saved them,remember it is always good to verify them before thinking there good,cuz sometimes there not,also u can check with cydia to see if someone else have stored earlier os files there.bonus if they have.

stickies
11-29-2011, 06:32 PM
OK, I have one that itunes restored to 5.0.1 and I cannot seem to get it to jb I had it jbed and folled your flash direction and when I restarted it it would not but tethered I got everything but cydia and the icon you had me put there or the repo from your tutorial now tiny says DON'T TRY RESTORING YOUR DEVICE!!! TINY MUST BE KILLED! AND i DID RESTORE IT DUM ME it is restored with 5.0.1 but I suppose I cannot jb it any more until another time? I saved the blobs with tiny then told 0.9.9b8 to check them it says unknown blobs. When I try to submit them to cydia it says unrecognized build that is the same I get when I try to JB tithered how come

stickies
11-29-2011, 06:44 PM
I am confused now cause I bring up tiny with another iphone 4 cdma and it says same thing. must be killed! Anyway I saved blobs on it to to another folder although redsnow cannot verify them???? So how to jb the 4.2.8 iphone 4 I have so I don't screw it up?? I did save the blobs but I want to stay on the 4.2.8 use redsnow and tell it to do a custome ispw?

rich hathaway
11-29-2011, 07:11 PM
no dont ever use custom ipsw unless u have to,cuz once u do u wont be going back to a stock one.

when tiny says it must be killed,well,u gotta kill it bro,so to do that open your task manager and kill it,then re-open it and it will run,keep in mind that if u ignore that a nd save sh's they will fail every time,it will save a file that says sh but the sh's will be no good.

use redsnow to jb your device and only redsnow,greenpoison will give probs and u should stay away from it. use redsnow 0.9.9b8 for it,it will recognise your device's build and apply automatically the correct exploit.but whatever u do stay on 4.2.8 u do not ever need to move from there it is a good stable for the most part bug free platform.

stickies
11-29-2011, 11:14 PM
Ok Richard got sure glad I asked after. I kill it save blobs again after it is rekilled then run 0.9.9b8 do jb but point it too an Ipsw I download from the web and all well good right? Thank you

rich hathaway
11-29-2011, 11:30 PM
no dude,that version of redsnow will auto detect and auto load the correct exploit.all u do is select jb from the menu after it auto detects.you dont ever have to load any ipsw,just stay at 4.2.8 where u are.its really simple just follow my directions.

stickies
11-30-2011, 01:50 PM
Ok then how do I get a jb on my 4.2.8 if there are no signatures? If I did a shift restore where do I point it? To saved blobs? I understand where to point it Rich thanks

stickies
11-30-2011, 01:53 PM
Suppose to say I don't understand where to point it

rich hathaway
11-30-2011, 07:03 PM
dude really your lost,you should take your phone to someone that can do it for u without screwing it up,im not trying to be insulting but if u mess yer phone up your really never gonna get it back without the help of someone who knows how anyway.i would suggest to just start reading the threads in the iphone forum to get some general knowledge of this device.

now having said that,if you simply must mess with it yourself,open redsnow version 0.9.9b8 plug yer phone into pc click jailbreak,then just sit back and follow the promts to jailbreak,nothing else just jailbreak,there are alot of options but u only want jailbreak.thats it no pointing no nothing else.it will take care of all of it for u.

stickies
11-30-2011, 08:37 PM
I don't I am to lost just a little I was questioning you shift restore is all. I will be sure to save blobs incase something happens is all. Little patience with please I need it. I think I am good to go. I also will help support here after for your wonderful I do appreciate more than u know. My support my not be much for now but I can a little been laid off. Again thank you Rich