PDA

View Full Version : New to the Forum - Looking for any instruction I can get

cubguy
11-24-2011, 07:33 PM
I am new to the modding/developing scene and am looking to flash/mod my firmware on my Samsung M300 phone. It was a Sprint phone, but after a lot of playing with BitPim, UniCDMA and QPST, I managed to get the MSL and change the PRL with success.

I think I am ready to change the firmware/software/Monster etc....

I have heard it called all three but am not really sure how to proceed. I am computer savvy but have never experimented with operating systems on a mobile device.

Here is what I am trying to do:

The phone was: Sprint CDMA SPH-M300, AJ08, version M300.07a

Verizon Prepaid has agreed to activate the phone on a prepaid plan, but before they will I have to change the firmware/software?

Questions:

1. What firmware/monster file would use to change it to Verizon/Generic/Unbranded
2. Where would I get it (searched and searched, but not sure what I am looking for.)
3. Any How-to instructions would be greatly appreciated.

I have a few years in the cellular industry in customer service, but have never delved into the techy side yet and I am self-teaching. Not so much worried about messing up the first time cause the phone is not used now, so if it fried, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. We all have to learn somehow.