PDA

View Full Version : Help with new Sprint 8GB iPhone 4

salfasano
10-27-2011, 10:00 PM
I just bought a new Sprint iPhone 4 and activated it but I can't connect to the network. When I go into settings it is saying Carrier: Verizon 11.1. Is there any way for me to manually provision the phone for Sprint?

captainkirks
10-28-2011, 02:21 AM
Did you buy the phone from sprint or verizon?

calisoldier83
10-28-2011, 02:52 AM
We got these phones from Apple. The invoice states them as being CDMA-USA not assigned to a specific carrier. When we call both sprint and verizon they say the MEID is good to go. However, since the phones are programmed for Verizon as the carrier out of the box, they won't talk to the Sprint network.

Is there a way to switch the PRL/carrier to Sprint? These phones may be unlocked, hence why the MEID is on both databases (Sprint and Verizon), would that help changing the carrier?

whitey10tc
10-28-2011, 03:38 AM
If you browse the cricket iphone forum you should find a thread on changing the prl's.

rich hathaway
10-28-2011, 09:29 AM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

check that thread

calisoldier83
10-28-2011, 12:51 PM
I can't see that post even after I pressed thanks. I think there is two issues 1) we can't jailbreak the phone, its still on ios 5 and 2) thats from verizon to cricket, aren't those the same towers? ... MetroPCS uses the Sprint network

calisoldier83
10-28-2011, 12:58 PM
Also does Sprint have the ability to manually flash iPhones?

rich hathaway
10-28-2011, 01:06 PM
no there not the same,(our) crickets partner coverage is sprint,but that doesnt matter.

so heres what u do,have someone add the meid to your cricket acct,or call us and we will do it then try the ota first it will be the easiest way to program your fon.if it doesnt work be persistant,redial and keep retrying when it fails quickly redial it use *228xx
(xx) means start at 00 then try 01 then try 02 and so on,usually *22804 works,but that phone needs to roam to work with ota alot of the time and for hard to program phones especially.if that still wont program or you still dont get the "welcome to cricket" msg then follow my directions on that thread.as for your difficulty viewing the thread you need to push the thanks buttons directly on the bottom of my post (the first one).i just checked and your user name wasnt listed there so you must be pushing one on a diff users post.hollar if your still having troubles.

rich hathaway
10-28-2011, 01:14 PM
also the dialer codes have changed and do not work on the the 4s phones, so as soon as i get a "labrat" phone to work on i will post the new dialer codes,i am trying to get one but right now i do not have one,allour local store have waiting list's,so unless someone feels generous and sends me one im gonna have to wait on the list like everyone else or wait for someone to bring one in here to sell me.

calisoldier83
10-28-2011, 01:18 PM
This is for sprint activation, not cricket though.

calisoldier83
10-28-2011, 01:24 PM
Sorry I didn't see you mention that cricket and sprint are the same. So, how do you get it roam just find a fringe area?

rich hathaway
10-28-2011, 01:31 PM
i already told u how,the phone roams for a few seconds after ota fails(watch the sig bars) and redial quickly after it fails ota.

calisoldier83
10-28-2011, 11:23 PM
Sprint activation is *2. How would I get data to work on the phone?

rich hathaway
10-28-2011, 11:42 PM
i just read your post saying its actually for sprint ,so just take it to a sprint store if its not working,my thread will write any prl to the phone but really just take it to a sprint store or call sprint custy service.

calisoldier83
10-29-2011, 04:10 PM
It's an unlocked iPhone for CDMA that's preloaded with verizon prl. The model number is for verizon they'll reject it saying it's a verizon fone

calisoldier83
10-29-2011, 04:12 PM
The original poster mistakenly called it a sprint phone for all intensive purposes it's a verizon phone.