PDA

View Full Version : I think I got the SPC??? BB 8530 from sprint

katsrevenge
10-17-2011, 08:37 PM
All right, be kind I am very new to this. And I apologize if this is in the wrong area.

I apparently picked a very hard phone to try and practice on. My hoped for end result is a blackberry 8530 curve from Sprint flashed to Cricket. I don't care if all the whistles work, it has wifi too.

I have been reading for the past few weeks and mucking around with the programs to see what is what. Since I do actually want to learn how to do this I am not paying anyone to get this SPC number for me. I also have no money in this phone so no worries.

Right now I have Uni-CDMA running.

From another forum I picked up a freely available 'loader' for my BB. (I'm not sure of how free this community is... I'm more familiar with Android where apparently everything is shared.. so this is confusing a bit.)

My issue was that my phone's OS locked down memory so it can't be scanned, it's 5.0 and that is as low as stock gets for that model. This loader thing has apparently put a 4.2 OS on my BB. Desktop manager wants to update the BB in the worst way.

Uni-CDMA gives me this:
hardware: Aug 06 2009 24:00:00
Software: Nov 27 2009 00:37:28

These are very different then what was there before.

Even more different is the Sec. Code field. I have 6 numbers there that before I used the loader were all 0's.

So, have I done it? Is that the SPC code??

rich hathaway
10-17-2011, 09:23 PM
if you dont have workshop then dial ##then the 6 numbers you have then press send and see if thats your spc.

katsrevenge
10-17-2011, 09:34 PM
I'm apparently too new to edit posts.
Anyways. After BB desktop manager put OS 5 back on my BB I used the ##(numbers here) in the phone number screen to put the 6 digits I got from Uni-CDMA into the phone.
And now I am in the CDMA screen. So, yup, that is the SPC code.

So, used a 8530 loader exe program to put my phone into "no application linked" state. (White screen on bb, sorta scary and BB desktop freaked out.)
Used UNI-CDMA to read the phone. The SPC is found in the Sec. Code field under 'main' tab.
Used desktop manager to put OS 5 back onto phone, reformatting it.
Put in SPC code.

After days of hunting for this info all I can say was that was surprising easy to do. Now to read a bit more and try a flash.

rich hathaway
10-17-2011, 09:56 PM
that has been posted for a while,it just wasnt a big deal when it was posted because it takes so long,its just to much quicker and easier to buy the spc for 5 bucks,especially when you have a customer waiting on the flash ya know.

katsrevenge
10-17-2011, 10:39 PM
Well, to me it is a big deal! LOL, I did not see it posted in any one place. I may have missed it, but I did find all the info I'd need for other berries. Google gave me an idea of what the programs I'd find did but there was a lot of people trying to sell codes to wade through to get an idea of how to do it yourself, for yourself.

I don't have customers nor do I plan on having any, it's just me, so I'm guessing that is a big difference. It took me two minutes to flash it with the loader, and then about a half hour for the desktop to put the OS 5 back.