PDA

View Full Version : IOS 5-- Likes Dislikes & Bugs.

motley28
10-13-2011, 10:23 PM
I like the new notification center access by swiping down from top to bottom. Newsstand seems alright but some of the magazine publishers offer 1 free issue when u dowload the app(for their mag) I have downloaded a couple of these but dont get the free issue but just an option to subcriptions. One thing that has annoyed me is the notification badge on my phone icon. It will have a number like say 2 for 2 voicemails and then I will call and listen to those hang up and then the badge is just colored( red or orage,) no number or anything. Im pretty sure it has something to do with me being on cricket with my i4. On ios 4 versions i was having problems with my notifications where simetimes the number would stay or i wouldnt be notified at all that i had voicemail messages messages somtimes. I like that I have access to facetime now even though i know nobody with facetime so still have not had chance to use it.

amoamare
10-13-2011, 11:40 PM
I hate the whole thing, its way to much like android now. Between notifications, setting up the iDevice, iOS Updates, and a lot of other backend functions, IE Cloud backups etc its WAYYYYYY to much like android.

motley28
10-19-2011, 06:10 AM
Im not liking the cloud a whole lot. Most of it is too sketchy. Dont feel comfy with info floatin out there

Bjornsitte
10-19-2011, 11:28 AM
......One thing that has annoyed me is the notification badge on my phone icon. It will have a number like say 2 for 2 voicemails and then I will call and listen to those hang up and then the badge is just colored( red or orage,) no number or anything. Im pretty sure it has something to do with me being on cricket with my i4. On ios 4 versions i was having problems with my notifications ...

I have the same problem with the phone icon badge. It showed up after I installed iOS 5 beta 6 from my dev account with apple. I've tried restoring to public iOS 5 but still there. Have to restart phone to fix it. Also, pull down notification bar should have a badge to let you know to pull it down and take a look. If you are gonna copy Android, do it right! Loving the wifi sync, reminders, and some icloud features but besides that iOS 4 better (just my opinion)