PDA

View Full Version : I'm not really sure where this post should be I have a verizon droid the orginal with

Derekrain
10-02-2011, 04:13 PM
I have a the droid original I was trying to convert to metro and never figured it out. I took it in to Verizon and they activated it but now there is no 3g. I am unsure why and could use the help in figuring it out thought maybe it has something to do with apn changes or the rom. I am willing to accept any ideas as to what the cause is also I don't remember the original apn setting so if you could share them with me that could be my issue also.

Thanks everyone

rich hathaway
10-02-2011, 05:01 PM
your description is to vague.we need the full story of what has been done to the phone. if apn's are the issue thats simple,use the voice dialer and the command "open apn" when open click menu then restore to default.then your back to verizon default apn

Derekrain
10-02-2011, 05:44 PM
i dont know the default apn but it looks like it reset dose it have to have the green dot lit up to be on for 3g?

rich hathaway
10-02-2011, 08:19 PM
if you did what i said then it did reset,the green dot means thats the active apn,so it should have the green dot if your trying to make the phone use it.

Derekrain
10-02-2011, 08:43 PM
ok so details I follow the tut on howard for droid on metro did a rom and prl as described in tut I got all the way past apn did that and was at the pc part with the cmd for autostart and the other file and never got past it I then loaded my back up which was a rooted back up went to verizon and they activated it. problem is the 3g symbol never came up the google bar said unable to connect or something. I checked apn again it list as verizon but the dot next to it wasnt lit up when i touched i the dot turned green. dose that mean it was simply off needless to say they set old phone backup and Im gonna go back tomorrow. I was simply hoping to know more when I go back

Thanks Derek

rich hathaway
10-02-2011, 10:11 PM
ok,info is good,what you need to do is is just reload the .sbf (firmware) and all yer problems go away.use rsd lite to load it you can find it here or google for it. the .sbf you need is VZW_A855

Derekrain
10-03-2011, 04:04 AM
Thank you very much. I will try it once I actually get up outta bed. I also was looking for the best rom for the phone I like the looks of the smoked glass but everyone I tried failed giving me the triangle thing at boot is there a link to a know working one for the droid 1 currently 2.2.1 thanks again.

rich hathaway
10-03-2011, 09:26 AM
smoked glass is a buggy rom,there is a reason we dont use it anymore.my advice would be to stick with the stock rom and mod it thru apps to get it looking like you want it.