PDA

View Full Version : cricket iphone fully flashed. Video proof

whitey10tc
09-23-2011, 02:42 PM
crtiPfidMRM&noredirect=17IApvk4IFRo
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Solution is not for sale yet, please do not ask for it. PM's/emails/calls asking for information will go unanswered.

Akkasca
09-23-2011, 10:36 PM
Will any thing be developed for metropcs?

rich hathaway
09-24-2011, 10:58 AM
this solution needs to be locked down and made secure first,after that i will make a metro-ntelos-pageplus version.

captainkirks
09-24-2011, 11:29 AM
Nice job Rich. Lets hope you make some money off it, I am sure you put a lot of time into it.

Bjornsitte
09-24-2011, 07:49 PM
Hell yeah! So.........(holding all "how do I get it" questions). I know you'll post when it's available....... (impatiently waiting). Is it ready yet?

wthigon
09-24-2011, 07:58 PM
Does it require a lot of messing around with different applications?

ownmart
09-25-2011, 12:34 AM
careful on pageplus. I got an email from them saying auto ban for anyone who activates

chizzy500
09-25-2011, 02:06 AM
pls is it goin to be available for Nigerian/other networks?thumbs up impatiently waiting

motley28
09-25-2011, 03:30 AM
Great job Rich!

Wrecked Johnson
09-25-2011, 11:09 AM
bravo man, you have been at it long enough so glad you got it CONGRATS! This is bigger than the BB service books creations IMO, cant say it enough great work man

rich hathaway
09-25-2011, 11:23 AM
bravo man, you have been at it long enough so glad you got it CONGRATS! This is bigger than the BB service books creations IMO, cant say it enough great work man

thanks bro priciate it,and thanks for the good ideas yesterday,def gotta figure something out along those lines.

Wrecked Johnson
09-25-2011, 01:17 PM

rich hathaway
09-25-2011, 02:10 PM
no worries bra

wthigon
09-26-2011, 01:58 AM
How long have you been at it?

rich hathaway
09-26-2011, 09:43 AM
ive been working on this phone since its release,about 7 months.of course there were days even some weeks i took off from it,but always went back to it.that is why i must get some security on it before i will sell it. to much work for someone to buy it and then sell it as there own or post it elsewhere for free.

theone23
09-26-2011, 06:26 PM
nice, yeah smart put a cork on that thing, people get to crazy and stupid when they get a hold of things like that. Better ever example was the BB solution. Well its your work, your time, hopefully when its time price is reasonable.

<:GeeK:>
09-27-2011, 03:15 AM
Very very nice man! Ive started working on locking my stuff down as well. If you want a hand at security let me know and ill help where i can (I can do hwid locks etc). You want this locked up 100% no doubt.

evansdude
09-27-2011, 07:10 AM
Great job Rich,will it also be available in Africa?(Ghana) can't wait to start using my iphone.

ownmart
09-27-2011, 03:16 PM
Great job Rich,will it also be available in Africa?(Ghana) can't wait to start using my iphone.

I dont believe they have cricket in africa thats what the flash is for and eventually other prepaid carriers

ElBerryKM13
09-27-2011, 04:10 PM
Hey rich congrats! I know you took it personal lol but it will pay off for sure. Btw make sure you release it after iphone5 release so apple won't be able to patch it and you can do it again for that phone. Also did you get MMS too?

rich hathaway
09-27-2011, 06:30 PM
yes for mms,as for african carriers prolly not dude,cuz its to much work to just sell it once or twice and i know nothing about your carrier or there requirements/settings for wap/data

chizzy500
09-27-2011, 11:57 PM
as for african carriers prolly not dude,cuz its to much work to just sell it once or twice and i know nothing about your carrier or there requirements/settings for wap/data

thanks man for your efforts ...but at least the flash would allow for voice and sms on African (Nigerian) networks right? thanks again

rich hathaway
09-28-2011, 09:18 AM
you already had voice and sms before,its been posted for free since the week it released.refer to the iphone section of the forum for a guide.

chizzy500
09-28-2011, 09:45 AM
you already had voice and sms before,its been posted for free since the week it released.refer to the iphone section of the forum for a guide.

according to you if my carrier does not support ota it is not possible rite? that why i asked

rich hathaway
09-28-2011, 10:56 AM
it is possible to write to it,but the first you will need to write your prl,look for a guide in the iphone forum for that.

ElBerryKM13
09-28-2011, 01:46 PM
Rich: What about incomming sms from all carriers? does it work?

rich hathaway
09-28-2011, 03:05 PM
i did not address it because it's supposta be corrected by crickets engineering dept.but they seem to be dragging there feet prolly trying to wrap up approval for the fix for the issue,but not sure.i have been meaning to call and get an update.if they dont soon i will have to try and iron it out i guess,but hope'n i dont have to.

chizzy500
09-28-2011, 05:11 PM
it is possible to write to it,but the first you will need to write your prl,look for a guide in the iphone forum for that.

i have written the prl and even had my esn put on the network but my carrier does not offer ota hence i need to manually put in the parameters....i was hoping the flash would do dat?

rich hathaway
09-28-2011, 05:36 PM
you need to have a working patched commcenter to do that.

samsungd415
09-28-2011, 06:59 PM
Rich you soon to be "cricket hero bro" oh wait you are cricket hero. Hat off to you bro. As always. Now can i send the phone to you to have it full flash? I'm happy enough to have the text fully working lol.

Greg Lucchese
09-28-2011, 09:05 PM
WOW! Congrats Rich! I know how long you've been working on this, because i've been following the threads since day 1. Can't wait til you release this to the public... I will be HAPPY to pay for it! BTW if you need me to light a firecracker under someones ass at crickets engineering dept to get this SMS issue fixed, just let me know... I work at crickets corporate HQ in Denver! THANK YOU SIR!! VERY VERY WELL DONE!!

chewdog316
09-29-2011, 12:51 PM
Great News!! Congrats, I bet you were stocked whenyou finally cracked the code.
I noticed where you lived. I currently live in Cottonwood Heights. If you need a beta-tester that is local to you hit me up.
Ill even pay for it. Congrats again.
Cant wait for the release.

ssoblivion
09-30-2011, 03:15 PM
Will this work with the $45 plan?

rich hathaway
09-30-2011, 03:27 PM
this works with proxy,so yes it works on the 45 dollar plan

whitey10tc
09-30-2011, 03:36 PM
Great News!! Congrats, I bet you were stocked whenyou finally cracked the code.
I noticed where you lived. I currently live in Cottonwood Heights. If you need a beta-tester that is local to you hit me up.
Ill even pay for it. Congrats again.
Cant wait for the release.Sorry for the confusion, rich hathaway is the man. I just posted the video. But it's always good to see a neighbor here.

chewdog316
09-30-2011, 06:20 PM
Sorry for the confusion, rich hathaway is the man. I just posted the video. But it's always good to see a neighbor here.

Yeah, I saw that later, but I didnt care to change it.

Ill still beta test. Ive had my iPhone since shortly after it came out. Got a damaged one off Ebay for 250. Took it to the apple store and they exchanged it no questions asked. So I got a brand new phone for 250 when others were going for well over 400 at the time. I think its died down a bit since then.

Anyways, what kind of price are we thinking for the software? :cool: Dont be greedy ;);)

chizzy500
10-01-2011, 08:15 AM
you need to have a working patched commcenter to do that.

you told me once that if my carrier dosent offer ota then am going to have to wait for the full flash which is out and now you say i have get a working commcenter patch..am confused please explain

rich hathaway
10-01-2011, 09:30 AM
cc patch will be included in the flash and is required for proper adjustment to filesystem.

chewdog316
10-01-2011, 09:37 AM
Wow, you have done it. Im so excited. Anything I can do to help?

10-04-2011, 10:02 PM
When do expect to be done with security and have this thing ready for sale?

videoexpert
10-05-2011, 03:39 AM
Sorry for the confusion, rich hathaway is the man. I just posted the video. But it's always good to see a neighbor here.

I'm from Provo! The great and grand question is will this work with the new IOS-5 update coming in a week? I hope so!!! I can't wait to own a iPhone 4S, hopefully it will be on Cricket soon so I don't have to switch carriers just to have the iPhone.

rich hathaway
10-05-2011, 09:25 AM
new os = new cc patch and basically new everything else,apple is famous for changing security with every update,only this is not an update it is a new platform,so right now the answer is no it will not work with ios 5.0

Joules
10-05-2011, 11:22 AM
Any ETA on this? and estimated price for the flash?

tsitwinz
10-12-2011, 01:17 PM
Guess on the ETA and the price?

titan
10-12-2011, 03:38 PM
Guess on the ETA and the price?

I'm not speaking for Rich here, but, I would guess that the price will be released when the solution is secured...meaning limiting the chance someone can backwards engineer all the hard work that was put into it and release it for their own profit.

Akkasca
10-12-2011, 05:40 PM
time is running out ios5 is here. People are going to upgrade or might not have their blobs saved and wont be able to use the solution ...

rich hathaway
10-12-2011, 06:53 PM
time is running out ios5 is here. People are going to upgrade or might not have their blobs saved and wont be able to use the solution ...

dude stay calm,you dont always have to have blobs to dg.and if yer running outta time cuz 5.0 is comming then what diff would it make anyway,cuz if you upgrade you lose the flash anyway whether you had it or not.there will be peeps working on it for 5.0 on the ip4 and 4s.

i will say this for everyone,obviously its not completly ready or you would have it,its still a work in progress.

if i release a product thats not ready imagine all the extra work and headaches/problems it will create with regard to support.

this will be a nightmare of a solution to sell just because of support,imagine all the questions just about jailbreaking alone people will want/expect support for every little thing that i cannot provide.so i am very reluctant to release because i know what comes with release is hella support because there are so many variables with iphones.

10-12-2011, 07:10 PM
Ill take it with no support. =p

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Akkasca
10-12-2011, 08:32 PM
I upgraded to ios5 i didn't loose my flash (talk and text) ... maybe your talking about the full flash?

motley28
10-12-2011, 10:34 PM
I upgraded today as well and did not lose my flash. In communications class right now and havent had chance to play with phone. Teachers getting mad gotta get off.

I upgraded to ios5 i didn't loose my flash (talk and text) ... maybe your talking about the full flash?

cedrickzepp
10-15-2011, 02:08 PM
And this flash work with another carrier? Iusacell in Mexico exists here, which is a CDMA carrier.

Greetings ...

chewdog316
10-15-2011, 02:18 PM
Rich totally understands people lack of patience. Its exciting. I mean I cant be the only one that got his iphone 4 a while ago but still uses his cricket phone separate. I would love to have the new flash Rich is working on as well, but its still way to early. This forum will blow up with questions/problems that everyone WILL have until its perfected. Every flash has issues, none of them are perfect its just some people see issues and some don't. Lets all be patient. In fact maybe there are some of us that could beta test for him, but Rich is more than likely working that out with the more elite members of the forum. I would gladly volunteer, but understand if its impossible. Some of us would even pay to beta test if it would help to progress things. The hardest part is in Rich's case he wants compensation where as there are many flashes online for phone that do not ask for compensation. I dont see a problem in someone wanting monetary rewards instead of just a bunch of "adaboys", but with that said he will release it when he is good and ready. Im just glad to see someone working on it as well Im glad to see someone finally cracking the apple code.
Ill be patient, it wont be long. Rich is just working out quirks and working out his business plan.

ThatBoyRio
10-19-2011, 06:16 PM
Great work. I am highly impressed. From one flasher to another, you are truly the man. I hope you get your just due from your work.

motley28
10-19-2011, 06:44 PM
Just thought of somethin there Rich. You might not wanna take to long gettin this full flash out, if others make one you may lose out on some$$$. I know it's not all about the Benji's but damn that would suck after all your hard work. U will still make some $$$ no matter what I guess, just knowing yourself the accomplishment youve made is heartening. Know what I say brother, RAKE in the cash while u can. Just saying...

kurdishguy
10-22-2011, 01:34 AM
ok heads up man ... here in nashville there is someone fully flashing the iphone just got mine done.. he does it for 70 ... he beat u to the solution. i was told from a bird hope that give u an idea to who i am.

i was waiting since the second u said u got it ... cant wait till i bribe him for the solution. thans for trying but ur not the only smartass in the world.

the guy does them full flash or half flash...

my comment will get deleted. but there are others that know what their doing.. o by the ways ... he said a jailbreak is needed for those of you on ios 5 or 4.2.10 ... unteathered would be nice or the procedure would be redone over again. it took dude 30 -45 min but he got it.

kurdishguy
10-22-2011, 02:07 AM
/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/preferences.plist On the iPhone however it's all in
/private/var/root/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/preferences.plist You'll need to copy this file to your computer unless you feel like using a text editor on the iPhone. I suggest against this right now.

The best way I know of is to use scp. From a shell on your computer run:

I highly suggest making a backup of this file. Call it preferences.plist.iphone or something. Now you need to edit the plist file. It's a plain text XML file so I suggest vi.

Now I'm the first to admit I don't fully understand this file. There's entries for all the network interfaces, but on mine at least, there's three sections for en0, almost exactly the same except for the <key> tag. You can find these by looking for "Interface" sections and a "DeviceName" key followed by the "en0" string. Right below these sections you should see a "Proxies" key with the first subkey "ExceptionsList". When you find these sections add the following lines before the </dict> tag:

<key>ProxyAutoConfigEnable</key> <integer>1</integer> <key>ProxyAutoConfigURLString</key> <string>wap.mycricket.com</string>
<port>8080</port>

rich hathaway
10-22-2011, 09:43 AM
i hate to tell u man but that doesnt get web working on the iphone,and that there will have to be another string elsewhere in the phone adjusted to make the phone obey that one,but u cant do squat on it without first cracking the commcenter.

he got that from the chineese,they posted that like 6 months ago,u see there wap requires no authentication,but ours does so its different and that wont work,so while your post is misleading and will make alot of people change values in there phones only to be required to do a full restore to get back where they were,your post doesnt break any forum rules and will stay up(why would u think i would take it down)? i am sure because of my comment about your insulting pm u sent me.

i would just say this to people that just have to try this MAKE A BACKUP OF ALL AND ANY FILE YOUR GOING TO CHANGE BEFORE U CHANGE IT!!!!!!! and if u dont know what u are doing DONT DO ANYTHING!!!!
and having said that,this and anything else you are going to try to do to your iphone to flash it absolutely will not work without the correct commcenter break,it must be for the ios you have,not one from wortel that was made for 4.2.1 and beforeTHEY WILL NOT WORK period so dont bother screwing your phones up trying that.

as for you having a fully flashed iphone4 proof please in the way of a video would get us believing,so why not make one?and post it here,if i got this phone flashed then someone else can as well,but no-one will believe you until u post proof bro. theres been a thousand peeps saying they got it,but they dont,right now u are one of them until you prove it.

chewdog316
10-22-2011, 10:05 AM
Rich, post a paypal account so we can make donations to get this out faster.

rich hathaway
10-22-2011, 10:42 AM
i am working on the sms problem and an eaiser way of delivery for the flash,right now its complicated and will take more than a novice tech to perform,some of the more talented techs i know are still having trouble writing basic files to the phone.so i do not want the headache of the hundreds,maybe thousands of support calls from people that are "stuck" and paid me money for the flash and expect me to stay on the phone for hours holding there hands,i simply cant do it...i get enough hate mail as it is.

so here is what i am thinking,after the sms issue is resolved(soon) i will have a presale for a predetermined amount of time and a release date when evryone will get it at the same time,i will offer no support but will have a disscusion thread about it here,that will be the extent of the support so maybe others without issue can help me guide the ones with issues.

but i gotta get the sms fixed first,its worthless without sms,most of us use text more than any other feature on the phone.

the iphone accelerator i have will be included,making the iphone by far the fstest phone out there,and does not kill battery life,as well as the "best ringtone app ever" 250,000 songs one click 2 apply, volume adjustment for louder rings,and super simple make ur own rings workshop app.

that is the plan.

chewdog316
10-22-2011, 10:53 AM
Sounds great! I agree with the discussion and I wouldnt worry about people hassling you. I dont think anyone out there with any type of solution is willing to hold any ones hand other than the discussion thread. Keep it to the boards, I say.
How is it coming on the sms issue? Is that all that is left?

chizzy500
10-22-2011, 11:17 AM
would the flash include a way for we that our carriers don't offer OTA to flash our iPhone at least so we could enjoy talk and text? cos mine as of now is a glorified iPod touch.THX

rich hathaway
10-22-2011, 11:37 AM
i will be ready to sell after it is resolved,although i am still looking for a better delivery method for the flash

rich hathaway
10-22-2011, 12:05 PM
would the flash include a way for we that our carriers don't offer OTA to flash our iPhone at least so we could enjoy talk and text? cos mine as of now is a glorified iPod touch.THX

yes that will be possible

salty1982
10-22-2011, 10:35 PM
Rich thank you for the hard work! you are the man

motley28
10-23-2011, 10:55 PM
i do not want the headache of the hundreds,maybe thousands of support calls from people that are "stuck" and paid me money for the flash and expect me to stay on the phone for hours holding there hands,i simply cant do it...i get enough hate mail as it is.

I know where u r coming from, I build and service PC's, electronic devices, mod and minor programming for apple tv & atv2 and i get tons of peeps always mobbing me for help or free service. At first i didn't mind but now it starts to be irritating especially when some are unappreciative or don't listen cuz they are telling u how it's suppose to be done. Sometimes it's hard to be passive. With some peeps I have to act very profesh while some friends I just act like i don't have a clue, so they stop bothering. Just keep on keeping on bud.
By the way Rich when you update to ios 5 does comm center patch stay. It should right? Cuz now doesn't apple just update files that need it instead of total re-do of the OS?

rich hathaway
10-23-2011, 11:28 PM
well i dont know about that,in the past every new os meant a new cc break,the one for 4.2.6 is diff from 4.2.8 and the one for 4.2.8 is diff from 5.0 i assume 4.2.10 would need its own as well.

motley28
10-24-2011, 06:38 AM
you're probably right. i guess the only way to test would be to try and edit maybe a plist file in which the edit would be noticeable. Right? more time than its worth i guess.

COOLxKRAZ
10-25-2011, 05:26 AM
Sir this is amazing. I cannot wait until you release this flash. Please PM me or email me when you are ready to put it up for sale. I have a ? though. Could you point me direction of where I should go to get/do the partial flash so I can get the phone working on my cricket account?

FuzzyDice
10-25-2011, 05:52 AM
I had a verizon iphone 4 flashed to cricket for about 2 months... i had it on firmware 4.2.8 jailbroken. Then i enabled SSH and edited the plist file and had to change a variable switch then reboot, then at this point it allows you to edit the vzw310.prl file and you put a cricket PRL in place of the verizon one. After this you reboot and change the variable back. Then you should be able to dial *228 and it will either give you a 'welcome to cricket your account can not be validated' message...after business hours or it will give you a different cricket error message.

From this point forward you can take it into a NON corporate cricket store... and they will be able to attach it to an existing cricket account. SINCE there is no WEB or proper MMS fix you may as well pick the cheapest talk /text plan. This solution will ONLY send and receive SMS messages between CRICKET phones... and since the rest of the world does not have cricket its rather useless. HOWEVER you can access data via WIFI and use other messaging apps that enable MMS... or use Google voice # forwarding... and that is a half assed work around if you ALWAYS have wifi.

I frankly swapped out for an EVO just because its so easy to change my rom whenever i want. However i just picked up another iPhone 4 CDMA phone so i'll likely wait a few weeks for this FULL flash solution to be published. I would gladly beta test on my phone as its not my main handset...

In my opinion technology is not worth buying... unless i can break it and make it better myself. My 2 cents...

PS IF the full data flash is working for a cricket CDMA iPhone solution i would assume it would require the 45- 55 plan which is on par with any android cricket plan.

manjilt
10-25-2011, 06:13 PM
any word on sms because i am not receiving any

gunner4life
10-29-2011, 03:27 PM
Will this work on the iphone 4s or only the regular iphone?

rich hathaway
10-29-2011, 06:54 PM
it will work on 4s after the untethered jailbreak comes out,but not until then.

horror
10-30-2011, 07:52 AM
Mr Hathaway can u do it for my carrier, if i send u phones to ur place?? i am talking about 50 phones at a time.. My carrier uses different user pass PPP and HDR.. lmk if we can workout something.. I am a businessman and not interested stealing anyones work.. but ready to pay whatever u demand. for me time is crucial.. Maybe u can fly down to my country and sit here do all the phones for me.. travelling and stay on me.. Beside ur oppurtunity to see GOA ;)

rich hathaway
10-30-2011, 07:26 PM
the problem with that is i dont have time to travel to u,and wont have any way to test a flash for your carrier since they are not here,so really as much i would like the work it sounds to be to many probs. who is the provider?

gunner4life
11-08-2011, 08:23 PM
Is there a time frame when we will be expecting this software out for us to purchase?.....just wondering

eric303
11-08-2011, 09:19 PM
hey Rich, is this software specific? as in if it gets updated will it still work? because from what i understand, the IOS5 will auto update.

rich hathaway
11-08-2011, 09:54 PM
it will need re-done when updated

chizzy500
11-16-2011, 02:03 PM
hey Rich thanks for your efforts pls am i allowed to ask hw the flash is going?....we are all waiting on you especially those of us who haven't event got talk/text and no ota in their country thumbs man

noobie2011
11-17-2011, 02:18 AM
So I've scoured the web and it's finally led me to here. So IPhone 4 on Cricket is talk and semi text. Not the normal run of the mill HTC. Months and months later and still no open source full flash and it's still being worked on and probably just when its almost done another update. My question to the Mr. Hathaway, Is it almost ready? Like days or weeks or months almost ready? When it is ready, what will it cost approximately? I salute your hard work and expertise in getting it done. Also hats off to the persistence that it must take to keep at it. Thank you.

chizzy500
11-26-2011, 04:24 AM
hey RICH any ETAs yet?

ydiddy
12-05-2011, 02:57 AM
Rich,

Hey bro 1st off let me say congrats!! I have my iphone flashed to metro pcs. Will your flash work on my phone? If so when you release the flash will you give step by step instructions on how to flash? or is it any way possible I can send my phone to you to have it done? Im from Michigan. Let me know bro!

Thanks!

cellmanplan
12-11-2011, 08:39 AM
Hey rich thanks for all the info and work you have provided to help us all. My question is will this work in the aws market for metro or cricket. I live in a aws market , but the phone I use now is an old CDMA nokia 1606.....

rich hathaway
12-11-2011, 03:29 PM
well this is taken from ip wiki

the radio inside the iPhone 4 supports 800, 850, 900, 1900, and 2100 MHz. The 800 MHz frequency, which is most commonly used in Japanese mobile phones, is not advertised as being supported by Apple. However, the 800 MHz band is a subset of the 850 MHz band, which probably explains why the device is advertised as Quad-Band[citation needed]. The chip-sets were manufactured by Skyworks Solutions[50] and Infineon.
it capable of finding signal in triband market but will likely roam so be carefull.

doublespaces
12-12-2011, 01:36 PM
well this is taken from ip wiki

the radio inside the iPhone 4 supports 800, 850, 900, 1900, and 2100 MHz. The 800 MHz frequency, which is most commonly used in Japanese mobile phones, is not advertised as being supported by Apple. However, the 800 MHz band is a subset of the 850 MHz band, which probably explains why the device is advertised as Quad-Band[citation needed]. The chip-sets were manufactured by Skyworks Solutions[50] and Infineon.
it capable of finding signal in triband market but will likely roam so be carefull.

Hello Rich! I'm happy you are still responding here, is this the first place we'll hear about a release or do you have your own blog or something else?

rich hathaway
12-12-2011, 03:09 PM
i will post here on gurus

chizzy500
12-13-2011, 08:14 AM
i will post here on gurus

please is it safe to update to ios 5.0.1 pending the untether? thx

rich hathaway
12-13-2011, 01:14 PM
why would you wanna do that?i can tell u that there is no full flash for 5.0.1 and im not going to make cc break for it so it wont work.i will for the next major update but not for any security update such as 5.0.1

remember updating is bad always no matter what.i you got probs save shsh make custom signed firmware for the platform your on now and reload,you will stay where u are and your probs will be fixed.when u update you ad to your problems imensly,period.

motley28
12-13-2011, 08:14 PM
There was talk before about not being able to downgrade to 5.0 yesterday i read that someone has untethered jailbroken 5.0 and found way to downgrade.Think name is pod2g. Check redmondpie.com.

Scuba
12-13-2011, 09:41 PM
There was talk before about not being able to downgrade to 5.0 yesterday i read that someone has untethered jailbroken 5.0 and found way to downgrade.Think name is pod2g. Check redmondpie.com.

If you want to know the current status of the "untethered" jailbreak on pretty much all devices running 5.0.1 or 5.0 then just watch this blog....pod2g has been successful on almost all devices so far except Iphone 4s and the Ipad 2 which he hasnt tried yet because he doesnt own or have access to either at this time...

rich hathaway
12-13-2011, 11:08 PM
this is not the only untethered jb out there.i can tell u that not only is there an untethered jb for all idevices but also an unlock for all i devices also already finished and proven working,however this exploit (unlock) will not be released until the next os update is made public.but the jb is rumored to be out sooner.

chewdog316
12-14-2011, 12:24 AM
Rich, my brother man. Im really bummed not to get a great christmas gift from you yet. My normal cricket phone is dying, I bought another battery but seems like everyday the life gets worse and worse. All Im saying is that you are amazing and we love you.
I am eagerly waiting for that infamous announcment, but I understand the wait. YOu are a perfectionist and I respect that. Just wanted you to know that I and most others will "support" you in anyway possible. Just message us and we will "take care" of you.
Thanks buddy for your hard work and dedication to exploits.

doublespaces
12-14-2011, 02:05 PM
IOS 5.1 will probably drop in the new year. Jailbreak will take a month or so to get polished off from there or more. Then rich will need to make adjustments another month or two. I'd say we're looking at march and beyond for a solid release here and that is my very uneducated opinion. Just because Christmas is coming doesn't necessarily mean its ready... Hell, my birthday is coming, I'm sure he times his release around my birthday. Good thing the iphone is just a toy for me right now. I don't even need it :)

ElBerryKM13
12-14-2011, 05:49 PM
If you want to know the current status of the "untethered" jailbreak on pretty much all devices running 5.0.1 or 5.0 then just watch this blog....pod2g has been successful on almost all devices so far except Iphone 4s and the Ipad 2 which he hasnt tried yet because he doesnt own or have access to either at this time...
He knows his stuff but most of it it's just to brag. He has already jailbreaken all the devices but doesn't release anything so thats the same as if it weren't doing anything at all.

Luitalian
12-19-2011, 12:03 AM
do u have any idea or approximation as when it will be ready to be published and sold?

doublespaces
12-21-2011, 04:07 PM
He knows his stuff but most of it it's just to brag. He has already jailbreaken all the devices but doesn't release anything so thats the same as if it weren't doing anything at all.

Thats not true, you're just being impatient and whiney.

Read: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Luitalian
12-24-2011, 04:39 AM
Rich, has the texting problem been fixed atleast?

rich hathaway
12-24-2011, 12:02 PM
still not working(unfortunatly),but i will get ahold of my contact in the engineering dept after this holiday weekend and get an update for everyone,last i knew this was going to be implemented in december,guess we better hurry up if were gonna get that done.i will post my findings.

Akkasca
12-24-2011, 08:04 PM
I got a workaround to get web on the iphone 4 ios5 for metro pcs :)

baalho
12-25-2011, 11:54 AM
this is awsome, cant wait to try it

ElBerryKM13
12-25-2011, 05:35 PM
Thats not true, you're just being impatient and whiney.

Read: [Only registered and activated users can see links]
Did you read what i said? i said he already jb all idevices i'm not saying he is not capable all i'm saying that he his dragging this untethered thing so he can get more donations.

gunner4life
12-30-2011, 03:17 PM
Should we be expecting the solution to come out in a coulple of weeks or are going to be waiting a couple of months for it?

mU$!c inc.
01-08-2012, 04:10 AM
still not working(unfortunatly),but i will get ahold of my contact in the engineering dept after this holiday weekend and get an update for everyone,last i knew this was going to be implemented in december,guess we better hurry up if were gonna get that done.i will post my findings.

@rich hathaway I'm attempting to come up with a method to get 3G data working, just in case it doesn't come right up after OTA activation. Basically trying to figure out what u did to get 3G up. I did get 3G to work without activation for like 10 minutes today :) Then it just stopped working. I'm gonna activate it soon though.

i saw you changed in plist or u spoofed the carrier version, which did u do? my current carrier version is Verizon 9.5. if i change the "carrier name" in the carrier.plist will that screw the function of any features? Ya know it's just for a cosmetic change i hate seeing "Verizon 9.5" & not "CricKet 9.5", just want it to look more like a cricKet device bin the settings basically.

btw, when u guys gonna get Simple Mobile post icons?????????

Also, how do you change "cellular Data Network" settings on the CDMA iPhone 4 like everyone does on the GSM iPhones.....open the PRL you're using or plist or both? That would fix MMS on (CDMA) iPhones just as on GSM iPhones, correct?

rich hathaway
01-08-2012, 12:09 PM
to change cell data net tab t become visible,either install TetherMe app from sinfuliphonerepo.com or
1. Go to /System/Library/Carrier Bundles and find your carrier.
2. Go to the folder and make 2 copies of the carrier.plist. Keep 1 for back up if anything goes bad.
3. Open the carrier.plist with the Plist editor and add
<key>ASCIIFileNameRequired</key>
<true/>
<key>AllowEDGEEditing</key>
<true/>
<key>AllowMMSCEditing</key>
<true/>
<key>AllowMMSEditing</key>
<true/>
AFTER <dict> and save the file.
4. Replace the carrier.plist with the one you edited in the same folder where the carrier.plist was in /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/CARRIER NAME
most os's will only need the ALLOWEDGEEditing tag to make all tabs show up,keep in mind the more u change here will make the sig checks fail and u will need to apply a commcencter break first,so really the app is the best way to go.

mU$!c inc.
01-09-2012, 02:36 PM
thanx so much for the lines of code :)

mU$!c inc.
01-11-2012, 03:02 AM
to change cell data net tab t become visible,either install TetherMe app from sinfuliphonerepo.com or
1. Go to /System/Library/Carrier Bundles and find your carrier.
2. Go to the folder and make 2 copies of the carrier.plist. Keep 1 for back up if anything goes bad.
3. Open the carrier.plist with the Plist editor and add
<key>ASCIIFileNameRequired</key>
<true/>
<key>AllowEDGEEditing</key>
<true/>
<key>AllowMMSCEditing</key>
<true/>
<key>AllowMMSEditing</key>
<true/>
AFTER <dict> and save the file.
4. Replace the carrier.plist with the one you edited in the same folder where the carrier.plist was in /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/CARRIER NAME
most os's will only need the ALLOWEDGEEditing tag to make all tabs show up,keep in mind the more u change here will make the sig checks fail and u will need to apply a commcencter break first,so really the app is the best way to go.

@rich hathaway I changed the SID in the Verizon SID/NID pair in my iPhone 4 310VZW.pri file, is it just me..or most verizon iPhone 4 come from Lawrence, Pittsburgh (SID 2004)? Anyway, changed SID to my city's SID, so that i can get some textin goin. Since the original SID used 4 digits i excluded the zero in 04809, so it reads 4809/theNIDnumber, that is correct, isn't it, cause i figured it was? So, i tested texting. Now i can send text to outside carriers and really quickly they get them, but i can't receive any texts from outside carriers. First carrier that received my text super fast was Simple Mobile. CricKet-to-CricKet works awesome!!!

Also, I installed TetherMe and the "cellular data network" settings for the APN's appeared in setting right away no reboot required, but i can't get the tethering and MMS apn to stick when i exit "cellular data network" settings and i tap back in MMS and tethering settings have disappeared, apn, username, and password are all blank for MMS and tethering). TetherMe still is bypassing Apple's Digital Signatures, right? Cause i thought in one thread you said TetherMe used to bypass the apple sigs but doesn't work anymore???? maybe that was early in your quest for full flash and you've figured it out by now? Anyhow...the reason i can't receive texts from outside carriers, because of the IA5 encoding???

Below is what I came up with for the APN's for cricKet on an iPhone 4. Are These Correct? Please correct me where needed. (Yes the hidden stuff lol :D)

[HIDE-thanks]Cellular Data
APN: wap.mycricket.com
Password: cricket

Visual Voicemail

MMS
MMSC: [Only registered and activated users can see links]
MMS Proxy: wap.mycricket.com:8080
MMS Max Message Size: 1024000 (old setting for cricket from 2008 160 char limit, so may work)
MMS UA Prof URL: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Tethering
Password: cricket[/HIDE-thanks]

One last thing, i don't see what you mean MMS info in the .pri i saw a little bit of SMS in there, but i found plenty of MMS info in another file, and you know what file i mean, rich :)

Rich, you can skip the TetherMe question. I checked my CommCenter file in my iPhone 4 and TetherMe made no changes to Line 00081240, no breaks at all. Thanx, you were right about TetherMe, it no longer bypasses Apple's digital sigs in iOS 4.2.8(8E401), so i just did it manually.

I wanna make a boot logo of my avatar eating the apple logo, cause i'm hungry, and i got a hankerin' for apple. I wanna be an "Apple Monster" ...Like Cookie Monster except I eat Apple....LOL...thanx again Master Rich for passing on your great wisdom...lol :) may "The Force" be with you...:D but yah i still need more training in the ways of "The Force".
Mod note
Hide thanks tag fixed.

Please use [ hide-thanks] content [/hide-thanks] with out the space between [h

Thanx Mod for the tip :)

UPDATE: I updated the APN's that are in the hidden content in the post. check it out

P.S. I'm testing as much as possible, rich. If you have any answers for any of this just drop a few lines or something. I greatly appreciate the work you've been doing.

rich hathaway
01-11-2012, 11:44 PM
TetherMe never bypassed anything,all it does is make the cell data network tab show up.im not sure where u read that it bypassed sig ck's but it wasnt anything i wrote,theres never been any question about that.but before u can edit the pri and cplist u will need to patch the commcenter,anything done to your carrier bundle before that will be wasted effort.so concentrate your efforts on that first.

mU$!c inc.
01-12-2012, 05:12 AM
TetherMe never bypassed anything,all it does is make the cell data network tab show up.im not sure where u read that it bypassed sig ck's but it wasnt anything i wrote,theres never been any question about that.but before u can edit the pri and cplist u will need to patch the commcenter,anything done to your carrier bundle before that will be wasted effort.so concentrate your efforts on that first.

@rich hathaway Thanx for the assistance. I already flashed up my IP4 verizon to ck and activated it OTA a long while ago. So, As I was saying in my most recent post here, I have manually bypassed the Apple digital sigs... opened up CommCenter in 16bit view and changed a few bits of data, in a certain line to 01 20. That should rid me of the pesky sigs issue, correct? i say "certain" cause u know which lines i am talkin about i'm sure.

I came across this lil obstacle under Data Parameters in the .pri. I'm like, hmmmm...cricket requires 21 characters. How would i work around a 13 character difference...? sig bypass solve this? or the prl has to have a specific number of characters no more & no less than the original verizon script?

</dict>
<key>Data Parameters</key>
<dict>
<key>AN NAI</key>
<key>AN Password</key>
<string>Default:00000000000000000000000000000000</string>
<key>DATA_AUTO_PACKET_DETECTION</key>
<true/>
<key>DATA_PKT_ORIG_STR</key>
<string>#777</string>
<key>DATA_SCRM_ENABLED</key>
<true/>
<key>DATA_SO_SET</key>
<string>IS-707 service option set</string>
<key>DATA_TRTL_ENABLED</key>
<true/>
<key>DMU PKOID</key>
<integer>10</integer>
<key>DNS Primary</key>
<string>Dynamic Primary DNS Address Assignment (0.0.0.0)</string>
<key>DNS Secondary</key>
<key>DUN MIP NAI</key>
<key>DUN SIP NAI</key>

since i have iOS 4.2.8(8E401) installed that is the only iOS this patch works for i know. I can't downgrade or update cause this iPhone 4 had never been jailbroken until i JBed it, it's never been on any other iOS apparently, only SHSH blobs are for 5.0.1 so thank goodness I'm stuck on 4.2.8. I dunno how long it would take to figure out how to bypass the sigs on a higher iOS...makes my stomach curtle just thinkin about 5.0.1...ahhhhhh!!!!:upset:

rich hathaway
01-12-2012, 12:48 PM
it does not matter how many characters your prl has only the name and location are important for it,and the first thing i would do if i were you is pull blobs from your phone right now for 4.2.8 so you have a way to get back if you screw it up.otherwise yer going to have to upgrade to 5.0.1 if you run into probs.

mU$!c inc.
01-12-2012, 02:11 PM
it does not matter how many characters your prl has only the name and location are important for it,and the first thing i would do if i were you is pull blobs from your phone right now for 4.2.8 so you have a way to get back if you screw it up.otherwise yer going to have to upgrade to 5.0.1 if you run into probs.

</dict>
<key>Data Parameters</key>
<dict>
<key>AN NAI</key>
<key>AN Password</key>
<string>Default:00000000000000000000000000000000 </string>
<key>DATA_AUTO_PACKET_DETECTION</key>
<true/>
<key>DATA_PKT_ORIG_STR</key>
<string>#777</string>
<key>DATA_SCRM_ENABLED</key>
<true/>
<key>DATA_SO_SET</key>
<string>IS-707 service option set</string>
<key>DATA_TRTL_ENABLED</key>
<true/>
<key>DMU PKOID</key>
<integer>10</integer>
<key>DNS Primary</key>
<key>DNS Secondary</key>
<key>DUN MIP NAI</key>
<key>DUN SIP NAI</key>

I can't get MakeItMine to spoof a carrier next to the signal bars or under Settings> General > About> Network. It just says Not Available. How did you Spoof the cricKet carrier logo with a green K in the word, is that some kind of theme ? If it is a theme i can't find a download anywhere for it. Also, how would i get Visual Voicemail APN and Username for CricKet and would it even work with CricKet? I'm gonna guess the Tethering APN and Username are the same as Cellular Data APN?????????

BTW, I updated the APN's to some i think may be more correct for iPhone 4 in the previous post i made. Could you check them out, see if any are incorrect? I think Visual Voicemail may be incorrect. How do you get your text signature to display in your sent texts?? The signature i am talking about is in Settings> Mail, Contacts, Calendars>. I sent a text to my Simple Mobile iPhone and the signature did not display in the text message, but obviously the message i typed was received by my Simple Mobile iPhone.

rich hathaway
01-12-2012, 05:24 PM
you wrote this(
or the prl has to have a specific number of characters no more & no less than the original verizon script?)

that is why my answer was what it was.

the cricket logo i made is no spoof it is done making the proper image files,transperancies,and the logo i wanted,then adding them into the filesys in the correct place and implementing the changes,this particular one took 10 image files.while its not terribly difficult there is a fair amount involved in doing one like that,if u just want to change it to a "monotone" word then just use the app "fake carrier" it is simple and works for 4.2.8

mU$!c inc.
01-12-2012, 08:53 PM
you wrote this(
or the prl has to have a specific number of characters no more & no less than the original verizon script?)

that is why my answer was what it was.

the cricket logo i made is no spoof it is done making the proper image files,transperancies,and the logo i wanted,then adding them into the filesys in the correct place and implementing the changes,this particular one took 10 image files.while its not terribly difficult there is a fair amount involved in doing one like that,if u just want to change it to a "monotone" word then just use the app "fake carrier" it is simple and works for 4.2.8

I found a funny problem today. I called Simple Mobile 4 times on my cricKet iPhone 4 at 1-877-878-7908 using the up-to-date Memphis, TN NW 35256.prl. After talking for 30 minutes with a different rep each time each time, I can't hear anything the rep is saying, i am no longer receiving voice over the signal at that point, all i get is white noise. Voice never comes back and i eventually just hang up.

Will test this with the Kansas City NW 49016.prl and see what happens.

Rich, may I use your CricKet Carrier logo that has the green K in it on my iPhone 4? May i have a link to download it? I am sooooo wrestlin for free time, so I probably won't have time to make my own.

t-rav
01-13-2012, 12:33 AM
Rich, or mU$ic, I have been reading along and have a question about the comm center and patching it. I check everyday to see anything more on the issues above but dont quite understand what the comm center coding and the patch are and how they work necessarily. If either of you (or anyone else) could point me in the direction to learn more about them thru reading myself or just give me some information I could gain a better understanding of this from, I would greatly appreciate it! I guess somethings are a little more complex than just googling can give you upfront. lol

Thanks for anything you can offer!

mU$!c inc.
01-16-2012, 08:53 AM
Rich, or mU$ic, I have been reading along and have a question about the comm center and patching it. I check everyday to see anything more on the issues above but dont quite understand what the comm center coding and the patch are and how they work necessarily. If either of you (or anyone else) could point me in the direction to learn more about them thru reading myself or just give me some information I could gain a better understanding of this from, I would greatly appreciate it! I guess somethings are a little more complex than just googling can give you upfront. lol

Thanks For anything you can offer!

t-rav, in iOS4 the /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/CommCenter checks the signature of the carrier-files. Due to this check any change in the carrier.plist will result in not accepting the file.

the carrier.plist is checked for a signature if your carrier.plist does not contain a signature the installation will fail (old ipcc-files are NOT signed!). This is the purpose the bypass of the digital signature serves.....to allow you to edit the carrier.plist without having to worry about the checks.

mU$!c inc.
01-17-2012, 03:49 AM
@rich hathaway
@mycricket.com
@sms.mycricket.com
@mms.mycricket.com

Will I have to edit mobileconfig file to get 3G data working?

rich hathaway
01-17-2012, 12:20 PM
dun=dial up network. i am not ready to "give up" the full flash solution,but i will tell u this,editing the pri and carrier list is not all that is neccassary to make it work,there is a few more big steps.i am glad your working on it,and i am convinced there is more than one way to flash this phone,but my method i wont disclose right now.

Skinny1979
01-17-2012, 02:24 PM
A little more time - and it will be irrelevant

rich hathaway
01-17-2012, 04:07 PM
A little more time - and it will be irrelevant

how is that? since one out of every 3 phones in a consumers hand is an ip.

and since the sprint and verizon models are fully flashed to cricket,and i am sure the 4s will follow suite,i have just been to bizzy to play with 4s much.but will in time.and there are millions of vip4's out there so peeps will always be needing to flash them,heck i still have peeps comming in my locations to flash there old razrs and they came out almost a decade ago,so no worries on flashing ip's in 10 years peeps will still be wanting them done then.

mU$!c inc.
01-17-2012, 05:13 PM
dun=dial up network. i am not ready to "give up" the full flash solution,but i will tell u this,editing the pri and carrier list is not all that is neccassary to make it work,there is a few more big steps.i am glad your working on it,and i am convinced there is more than one way to flash this phone,but my method i wont disclose right now.

@rich hathaway would one of those big steps be mobileconfig file? or do i have to write another CommCenter break? How many steps before editing PRi and carrier list...1..2...3...4 steps? Reading the code it looks like the baseband/broadband is natively unlocked, and why would they lock it? You can't use a verizon phone on sprint cause Sprint won't activate it, because the MEID is not registered on the sprint database and they refuse to add MEID's. Also, what is the new ip address, cricKet changed it twice in Kansas City. So, what is the new ip and how do i use it for iPhone 4? As i understand it, better service on the new iP.

BTW...is your method stable yet? Are you kidding me, you have already used your method on a Sprint iPhone 4 and it worked???!!!! Holy bajebus!!! If you don't wanna post anything specific point me in the right direction, please in a PM message. My inbox is always open :) you're welcome to drop a line there anytime.

Also, i can't receive texts from the cricket system when a rep is trying to send me a password for my account log-in at mycricket.com.

rich hathaway
01-17-2012, 11:51 PM
010.132.025.254 is the ip cricket is using,there is a second one but this one seems to be much faster for non droids

mU$!c inc.
01-18-2012, 01:16 AM
010.132.025.254 is the ip cricket is using,there is a second one but this one seems to be much faster for non droids

My MIN is a different number from my MDN, that the same goin on with your iPhone 4? Is this with all cricket phones still, MIN different number from MDN?

whitey10tc
01-18-2012, 01:44 AM
My MIN is a different number from my MDN, that the same goin on with your iPhone 4? Is this with all cricket phones still, MIN different number from MDN?That's normal and nothing to do with a specific phone. It has many factors like, if the MDN was ported, if the MDN was previously used, etc, etc.

mU$!c inc.
01-27-2012, 05:53 AM

@rich hathaway hope you're doin well...anyway...i unlocked 010.132.025.254 is the gateway IP address for cricKet, so where do i type it in at? I already have looked inside the 310VZW.pri & carrier.plist for a place to put it.

<key>DNS Primary</key>
<key>DNS Secondary</key>
<key>DUN MIP NAI</key>
<key>DUN SIP NAI</key>
<key>Dormant Handoff Optimization</key>
<true/>
<key>HDRSCP Force Rel0</key>
<false/>
<key>HDRSCP Subtype Custom Config</key>
<false/>
<key>Home Agent IP Address</key>
<string>Dynamic HA assignment (255.255.255.255)</string>
<key>Home IP Adddress</key>
<string>Dynamic IP Address Assignment (0.0.0.0)</string>

OR

<key>Location Based Services</key>
<dict>
<key>PDE IP Address</key>
<string>0.0.0.0</string>
<key>PDE Port Number</key>
<string>0</string>

this is for GPS, so where am i gonna put this gateway ip for cricket? More than likely it in the 310VZW.pri , but i don't see anything that could be a gateway other than primary and secondary DNS.

or.....

<key>Home Agent IP Address</key>
<string>Dynamic HA assignment (255.255.255.255)</string>
<key>Home IP Adddress</key>
<string>Dynamic IP Address Assignment (0.0.0.0)</string>

Is it the Home Agent IP Address ?

iphone4n00b
01-30-2012, 11:11 PM
this solution needs to be locked down and made secure first,after that i will make a metro-ntelos-pageplus version.

Any solution yet?

ydiddy
02-24-2012, 09:29 AM
I dont get it. It's been months and still no release for the FULL flash? Wow im totally lost. I understand wanting to get the method locked down but alot of us are just ordinary people and just want to have a full flash. Rich I know your a busy man but could you please update us on a ETA? Thanks bro!

captainkirks
02-26-2012, 01:14 AM
I go on record as saying I do not believe there is a working solution. Its like bigfoot all myth

rich hathaway
02-26-2012, 11:55 AM

gunner4life
02-28-2012, 12:52 PM
I understand that you are busy with the cricket solution..but in your original post, you mentioned that you had plans to create solutions for ntelos and other cellular companys. Is that something that you still plan on doing??

smartmazila
03-16-2012, 11:37 PM
is there any news for manually change MDN (IMSI) on iphone 4 cdma?
our carrier not supports OTA :(

yoyoitsevan
05-12-2012, 08:05 AM
I understand that you are busy with the cricket solution..but in your original post, you mentioned that you had plans to create solutions for ntelos and other cellular companys. Is that something that you still plan on doing??

Actually, Ntelos is offering Iphone 4's and 4S' on contract now. I just got one and it's pretty frigging awesome. I gave up on Rich and his "dream team" of programmers waiting on their solution (since like last july, which was ). You guys took too long... and now all the bigger companies have beat y'all to the punch... smh

rich hathaway
05-12-2012, 11:37 AM
Actually, Ntelos is offering Iphone 4's and 4S' on contract now. I just got one and it's pretty frigging awesome. I gave up on Rich and his "dream team" of programmers waiting on their solution (since like last july, which was ). You guys took too long... and now all the bigger companies have beat y'all to the punch... smh

calm down dude,i didnt know you gave me a deadline.you should understand that not everything that is done by devs on any phone is released or at least released to the public.people tend to be so demanding about things that are not theres and want to distribute to everyone else.no one has repsect for anothers work it seems which is sad.and i have no dream team i work alone for the most part,but i do remember helping you more than once so please dont kick me in the balls

ALSO ABUSIVE LANGUAGE IS AGAINST FORUM RULES AND IS NOT TOLERATED HERE SO DO NOT USE IT AGAIN OR A BAN WILL BE IMPOSSED.WARNING ISSUED