PDA

View Full Version : Making .dlls available to LGNPST

olsonbw
09-22-2011, 09:18 AM
I am trying, without success, to use a downloaded .dll (UX280.dll) to recover a phonebook using LGNPST 1.2. I cannot register the .dll using regsrv32 and cannot figure out how to add it to the list of dlls in LGNPST. Some posts state that there is a LGNPST dll installer that can be used.... I don't have a copy (just LGNPST 1.2) nor know where to get one.
Any help to resolve my problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

123456&
09-22-2011, 10:29 AM
What, I think about your problem is....The DLL you have is for LGdownloader not for LGNPST.
Try to use LGdownloader it will work fine.

Wrecked Johnson
09-22-2011, 11:10 AM
your needed items are posted here, look around yo

olsonbw
09-22-2011, 12:38 PM
I am at a bit of a standstill ... I guess my lack of knowledge is getting in the way. Here is where I am:

I have a LG280 that won't boot. What I am trying to do is extract my contacts from the phone. I read on a post that LGNPST has an emergency option that should 'get the job done'. I found a download site for LGNPST 1.2 and installed the software. The program is asking for a model DLL. The only one I found is LGUX280 (I'm hoping that this is a twin). I am now trying to add this to the list of available dlls in LGNPST (without success). I tried registering the dll in Win 7 (no entry point found). I tried LGDownloader but don't know how to get it to register the dll.
****** I'm stumped ***********
How can I get the dll to be added to the LGNPST list of dlls (assuming that this ismy only option for Emergency recovery of phonebook) or does anyone know how to do this recovery on my LG280?

123456&
09-22-2011, 01:14 PM
With LGdownload you don't need to register the dll...Just make a model fodels...something like this C:\LG Electronics\LGDownload\Model\LG280

olsonbw
09-22-2011, 04:34 PM
The problem I have is that I do not have a .BIN file so I cannot even attempt to run LGDownloader. Will LGDownloader allow me to retrieve my contacts file ... other posts suggest that LGNPST is the option I require.

123456&
09-22-2011, 04:50 PM
As..I know the dll exist only for LGDOWNLOADER...But if you need the bin file...I can get..for you.

olsonbw
09-25-2011, 05:53 PM
I would greatly appreciate any help. If possible I would like to obtain both the .dll and .bin for the LG280. I am still not clear if LGDOWNLOADER will extract my Contacts file while the phone is in Repair Mode?.

Thanks in advance