PDA

View Full Version : /nvm/num most items are locked. Please help

psyko_chewbacca
09-13-2011, 09:11 AM
Hi, I am trying to copy a few nv items files from my phone to my computer using EFS explorer but most of them are locked.

I did create an open sesame door folder in the root of the file system (or else I would even have access to the nvm folder). I can see the files in the num folder just fine. Most of them have a big red "I" on the icon. Those that do not have that red "I" are readable and can be copied to the PC.

There is probably something I am missing here. I am not a newcomer to those things but I am not a master either.

The phone is running stock shipped system software and is S-OFF.

Thank you for your help.

rich hathaway
09-13-2011, 09:23 AM
ok,i am just curious why you are playing with the nv ,what are you trying to do?

psyko_chewbacca
09-13-2011, 09:33 AM
play with my phone. See whats in those files.

Can you help me? I find it odd that most of the files are locked. Why some are unlocked and others not?

rich hathaway
09-13-2011, 10:59 AM
obviously its cuz they dont want you change those values,they want the sprint phones to stay sprint.we dont mess with them because we can fully flash that phone without screwing with them.

psyko_chewbacca
09-16-2011, 09:18 AM
I found it. I wasn't using the right option to download. Thanks anyway!

customphone
02-10-2012, 04:09 AM
I found it. I wasn't using the right option to download. Thanks anyway!hello how you get the nv item ? im desesperated

skipray
05-04-2013, 01:04 PM
Why would this thread get five stars? There wasn't a friggin solution to the question!