PDA

View Full Version : Flashing Droid X2 to Cricket

Scur.
09-10-2011, 09:48 PM
I'm stuck. I flashed my Verizon Droid X2 to Cricket, and have 3G service, but not phone or text. *228 has never worked throughout using various PRLs. Here's what I've done so far...
changed my ESN/MEID on my Cricket account
CDMA Workshop v2.7.0
..successfully sent 000000 SPC
..wrote NVRAM file I got from whiterabbit.org
..wrote PRL 45722 (My Ascend was 45626, but I've tried several others as well)
..reset
QPST 2.7 Build 366
..CDMA tab
....changed Directory # and IMSI_S to mynumber
..Roam tab
....changed NAM 1 Directory # to mynumber
....set Preferred Roaming to 45722 PRL
..M.IP tab
....set Active User to 0
....set Mobile IP Behavior to Mob + Simp f/back
....edit User Profile
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
......HA and AAA Shared Secrets, checked Enter text string, entered cricket for both
......checked Rev Tunnel Preferred
......entered all zeros in the Home, Primary HA, Secondary HA addresses
..PPP Config tab
....Um
......checked Optimized Domant Handoff and 1xEVDO->1x
....AN
..wrote to phone
created APN shortcut with anycut, went in and entered this...
Name - Cricket
APN - internet
Proxy - wap.mycricket.com:8080
Port 8080
Password - cricket
Server - wap.mycricket.com
MMSC - [Only registered and activated users can see links]
MMS Proxy - wap.mycricket.com
MMS Port - 8080
MCC - 310
MNC - 004
Authentication type - PAP or CHAP
APN type - <Not set>

This is all I've gotten with my Google-Fu. Everyone I've heard from says "Dude, your MIN or MEID number is wrong." But I've checked them half a dozen times, number by number, to be SURE it's not them. I'm still trying all the PRLs I can get my hands on, but the best I can do is get 3G. Nothing has given me phone or text. I feel like I'm missing something, and knowing me, it's something simple. Anyone have any ideas?

captainkirks
09-10-2011, 11:40 PM
what happens when you call 611 does it go to cricket or verizon?

whitey10tc
09-11-2011, 12:06 AM
CDMA Workshop v2.7.0
..successfully sent 000000 SPC
..wrote NVRAM file I got from whiterabbit.org
..wrote PRL 45722 (My Ascend was 45626, but I've tried several others as well)
..reset
QPST 2.7 Build 366
..CDMA tab
....changed Directory # and IMSI_S to mynumber
..Roam tab
....changed NAM 1 Directory # to mynumber
....set Preferred Roaming to 45722 PRLI know you say you have checked the MIN, but is it correct. You didn't list it in what you have done. You list that you have your MDN and IMSI to mynumber, it is possible that your MIN (IMSI) are the same as your MDN but it could be different. Also like Captainkirk mentioned do you reach cricket when dialing 611? Also have you tried writing the NAM setting with CDMA WS?

Scur.
09-11-2011, 12:07 AM
what happens when you call 611 does it go to cricket or verizon?

It goes to American Roaming Network, like any number does.

Scur.
09-11-2011, 12:10 AM
I know you say you have checked the MIN, but is it correct. You didn't list it in what you have done. You list that you have your MDN and IMSI to mynumber, it is possible that your MIN (IMSI) are the same as your MDN but it could be different. Also like Captainkirk mentioned do you reach cricket when dialing 611? Also have you tried writing the NAM setting with CDMA WS?

I'm learning this on the fly. What is the MDN number, and where do I find it? I know the MEID number basically the ESN number under the battery...

whitey10tc
09-11-2011, 12:11 AM
Where are you located? It almost sounds like your in a partner network.

Scur.
09-11-2011, 12:13 AM
Where are you located? It almost sounds like your in a partner network.

Leesburg, VA

whitey10tc
09-11-2011, 12:17 AM
I'm learning this on the fly. What is the MDN number, and where do I find it? I know the MEID number basically the ESN number under the battery...
OK, Here's the acronyms.
MDN= Mobile directory number aka, your phone number.
MIN= Mobile id number aka IMSI, , sometimes different from your phone number
Both can be obtained from cricket customer care, or from your old phone.

MEID= Mobile equipment ID
(p)ESN= Pseudo ESN.

ESN= Electronic serial number.
In general people reference ESN for all three.

Scur.
09-11-2011, 12:21 AM
OK, Here's the acronyms.
MDN= Mobile directory number aka, your phone number.
MIN= Mobile id number aka IMSI, , sometimes different from your phone number
Both can be obtained from cricket customer care, or from your old phone.

MEID= Mobile equipment ID
(p)ESN= Pseudo ESN.

ESN= Electronic serial number.
In general people reference ESN for all three.

Bingo. My MIN on my old phone IS different from my phone number. So I use the MIN from my old phone (which is where I switched my number and account from)?

whitey10tc
09-11-2011, 12:21 AM
I'm assuming that you are aware that you are in a triband area according to crickets coverage map. [Only registered and activated users can see links] your either going to be in a triband area or partner talk and text area.

whitey10tc
09-11-2011, 12:23 AM
Bingo. My MIN on my old phone IS different from my phone number. So I use the MIN from my old phone (which is where I switched my number and account from)?
Yup, you will want to put that for the MIN (IMSI), but keep in mind that you are in a triband area.

Scur.
09-11-2011, 12:24 AM
I'm assuming that you are aware that you are in a triband area according to crickets coverage map. [Only registered and activated users can see links] your either going to be in a triband area or partner talk and text area.

So I might be using a wrong PRL?

Scur.
09-11-2011, 12:25 AM
Yup, you will want to put that for the MIN (IMSI), but keep in mind that you are in a triband area.

How will being in a triband area affect things?

Scur.
09-11-2011, 12:27 AM
BTW, you guys are freaking geniuses, this is VERY much appreciated.

whitey10tc
09-11-2011, 12:29 AM
So I might be using a wrong PRL?It goes deeper than that. The triband area works on AWS bands, the Droid X2 is not a triband AWS device. While you are getting 3g data, a different PRL could get t&t but there is no guaranties. There are also no guaranties that cricket will not enforce the TOS about partner coverage usage.

Scur.
09-11-2011, 12:34 AM
Uh oh. Time for some deeper research. :)

whitey10tc
09-11-2011, 12:39 AM
Uh oh. Time for some deeper research. :)There's many discussions on the use of a dualband phone in the AWS triband markets. Most are great success stories of months and there's a guy in Chicago that's been using his in Chicago for about a yr or so. But I know in Las Vegas they kill the account after two months.

rich hathaway
09-11-2011, 05:03 PM
we(as dealers) used to be told that custy's in tri band markets would be terminated for using flashed phones and partner coverage,i will tell you now that this not completly true. cricket has a small team that does nothing but search and research acct's looking for abusers of partner coverage.having said that were talking about a team of 2 peeps,but they work full time on it and have guidelines to follow with regard to terminating acct's. they are as follows, using t-t will not get you terminated,no not even if you use it full time(that means your phone roams all the time)that they dont care to much about,they got bigger fish to fry,but data......now thats a different story,that they mind if you use more than 50 percent data on partner coverage then there looking for you,but the brightside is,they may never find you.its like a needle in a haystack so to speak,i mean 2 peeps looking thru millions of accts and abusers,cricket wants to keep there custy's but data on partner coverage has gotta be expensive.they dont want you to cost them money,they wanna make money off of you.

ok now scur. for your prob,sound to me like you have your phone number in the field for imsi which is wrong,like whitey said your min goes there.also you might make sure your using the nam your writing to and not the other one. but i would recomend you change your plan to the other 55 dollar plan try the ota (prolly still wont work cuz triband area)so go outside that triband market if you can and then the ota will work use *228 or *22804 if you cant get outside your market,send it/take it to someone who can flash it for you.thats an expensive phone and easily messed up.

Scur.
09-11-2011, 06:50 PM
we(as dealers) used to be told that custy's in tri band markets would be terminated for using flashed phones and partner coverage,i will tell you now that this not completly true. cricket has a small team that does nothing but search and research acct's looking for abusers of partner coverage.having said that were talking about a team of 2 peeps,but they work full time on it and have guidelines to follow with regard to terminating acct's. they are as follows, using t-t will not get you terminated,no not even if you use it full time(that means your phone roams all the time)that they dont care to much about,they got bigger fish to fry,but data......now thats a different story,that they mind if you use more than 50 percent data on partner coverage then there looking for you,but the brightside is,they may never find you.its like a needle in a haystack so to speak,i mean 2 peeps looking thru millions of accts and abusers,cricket wants to keep there custy's but data on partner coverage has gotta be expensive.they dont want you to cost them money,they wanna make money off of you.

ok now scur. for your prob,sound to me like you have your phone number in the field for imsi which is wrong,like whitey said your min goes there.also you might make sure your using the nam your writing to and not the other one. but i would recomend you change your plan to the other 55 dollar plan try the ota (prolly still wont work cuz triband area)so go outside that triband market if you can and then the ota will work use *228 or *22804 if you cant get outside your market,send it/take it to someone who can flash it for you.thats an expensive phone and easily messed up.

Yeah, I've been trying to tread softly with this thing. I'm used to my Ascend, which is basically unbrickable. I've actually tried to brick it. I'm already on the $55 plan from my Ascend, so no issue there. But as of now, I've stopped doing anything to it. I'm considering just using Verizon. The thing is, I'm not sure if I've messed it up to the point where Verizon won't work on it. I'm guessing I'd have to change some stuff to get it to work, but I'm not sure what direction I'm going to go yet. I didn't know the whole triband thing was an issue when I got this phone. I thought everything would be on the up and up, that I could flash it over, pay my Cricket bill, and just go about my business. But I don't think I really want to 'sneak' around the air waves. Since it's a clean ESN, and it's still new, undamaged, unscratched, with a nice new Defender Otterbox, wall charger, and car charger, I'm thinking about getting everything straight on it and selling it, and grabbing the Bionic with a contract, although I COULD keep this X2 and go through Verizon monthly with no contract. That sounds good too. But like I said, I haven't made up my mind yet. Thanks for the info, though.

mannyhector
10-21-2011, 06:04 PM
@captain kirk. i have easyflasher but i cant use it to flash the droid x2. When will this phone be added to list.

whitey10tc
10-21-2011, 07:38 PM
@captain kirk. i have easyflasher but i cant use it to flash the droid x2. When will this phone be added to list.That question needs to be asked in the correct forum. Possibly the easyflasher/mf suite support forum....