PDA

View Full Version : [Q] bricked? HTC Incredible

waxworkz
09-08-2011, 12:56 AM
ok so heres the story, its kinda long so i might include cliff notes at bottom.

i have an htc incredible, verizon branded. i was trying to flash it over for my son to use, he has one of those crappy sanyo phones. i did all the reading of the phone and even installed the NV465,466,1192,1194 files onto the incredible. i was at the stage of writing to the phone. it wouldnt take and i went to get up from my chair to take a break. when i stood up the phone fell and unpluged from the usb cable and hit the floor, battery came out. well when i went to plug in the phone in again i couldnt/cant get past the "htc incredible" white screen. it seems to be stuck in an endless cycle, but if i hold the power and optical center key i can get to the boot menu. nothing in the boot menu works. i have tried everything fastboot, bootloader, reboot, reboot bootloader, hboot, recovery, clear storage, simlock, factory reset and even plugging the usb cable in does nothing. i can see the phone in my devise drivers but can not get anything to load via usb. i have tried ruu, nothing special rom(dont know that it would work since its not rooted) on sd card and nothing seems to be working. is there anything i can do? or did i just make a brick?

cliff notes: flashing htc incredible to boost, phone stuck in endless "htc incredible" loop. need help

cancell
09-28-2011, 11:16 PM
Bumping this to try to get some additional help.I flashed mine back to verizon, reset the phone and now it's stuck resetting itself on the white HTC screen. I have flashed a few andriods from and back to Verizon. WTF? what did I miss and how can I fix it?

whitey10tc
09-28-2011, 11:52 PM
1st try to wype/clear data cache,
2nd put into bootloader and try to flash a shipped ROM.

wthigon
09-29-2011, 12:29 AM
Youre trying to put basically a verizon phone on sprints network?

cancell
09-29-2011, 10:34 AM
No, It was a Verizon phone. I flashed to our local carrier (syringa) and was flashing it back to Verizon. First I did a hard reset. that changed the prl back but didn't change the SID. I used CDMA to change the SID and write the stock NV items. (I had saved them) I hit disconnect and unplugged the phone. Phone was still on. I looked at the settings and it ws still showing the wrong SID so I powered off. It now is stuck in the HTC white screen loop. I can get to the bootloader menu, but nothing works.

Wrecked Johnson
09-30-2011, 10:13 AM
as whitey stated, I would boot to bootloader and flash shipped stock rom this should resolve your issues, you might also want to consider looking for stock nv items from someone.

manmademan
11-02-2011, 12:11 PM
i didnt get no help but i read it all

Scuba
11-15-2011, 08:01 PM
OK lets see if I can clear up some confusion....If you phone unplugged while writing the NV Items then they probably got corrupted which caused your phone to fail on boot...Since its not rooted it does make it a little more difficult but you should be able to either flash a stock RUU to the phone which is equal or higher to the one thats on it or use a PCXXXIMG.zip thats is equal to or higher than the one that is on it...Since its not rooted it wont take an older RUU or PCXXXIMG.zip IF you use the PCXXXIMG.zip method make sure your microsd card is at least 4GB or higher and formatted to fat32 and put the PCXXIMG.zip on the root of the micro sd card....when you boot the phone into Hboot it should read the file from the Micro SD card and ask you to update...
Good Luck

whitey10tc
11-15-2011, 11:55 PM
OK lets see if I can clear up some confusion....If you phone unplugged while writing the NV Items then they probably got corrupted which caused your phone to fail on boot...Since its not rooted it does make it a little more difficult but you should be able to either flash a stock RUU to the phone which is equal or higher to the one thats on it or use a PCXXXIMG.zip thats is equal to or higher than the one that is on it...Since its not rooted it wont take an older RUU or PCXXXIMG.zip IF you use the PCXXXIMG.zip method make sure your microsd card is at least 4GB or higher and formatted to fat32 and put the PCXXIMG.zip on the root of the micro sd card....when you boot the phone into Hboot it should read the file from the Micro SD card and ask you to update...
Good LuckI'm thinking there's a hardware issue with cancells Inc. I've got it here and have hit it with everything and nothing will take. The ROM's will complete and say successful but it then goes into the never ending boot loop.

tinobarko
11-17-2011, 11:19 PM
here is the link to upgrad the radio htc incridable enjoy..............................

[Only registered and activated users can see links]