PDA

View Full Version : *Please Help* BlackBerry 8530

nate2121
09-05-2011, 10:57 AM
Please help me I am trying to connect a BB 8530 sprint to my pc to do CDMA workshop or QPST.
I want to flash it over to metro I have all the drivers for the phone and all the settings.
The problem is for some reason its not showing up in my USB controllers section on my device manager which I believe is not allowing it to show up in QPST or CDMA WS.

When I uninstall and install the drivers for the phone it all installs correctly ex for the fact that BlackBerry device does not install and I have to install it manually in the Device manager section.

I am using Windows 7 Home Edition.
32 Bit.
Im using CDMA WS 3.6.0 non crack version.

Pac3comm1
09-05-2011, 11:21 AM
If by drivers, you are referring to blackberry desktop manager, you need to open the program and connect the device. In desktop manager, you will see in the lower left hand corner the pin number when the device is connected. This will allow you to use this port to connect to cdma WS and qpst.

nate2121
09-05-2011, 02:39 PM
It shows connected on there and on the pin.

rich hathaway
09-05-2011, 03:02 PM
you should have 2 ports that show in dev mngr and say rim and/or blackberry,the one you will use will be the highest number port in most cases,so in workshop connect to that port and like pac3 said make sure you have desktop mngr open and can see the pin,and you should be able to connect.