PDA

View Full Version : LS670 & error 16 when I'm away from my Airwave

JHILL110
08-22-2011, 04:15 AM
Greetings all, I'll try to keep this short.
I live in an area with crappy signal. Sprint sent me an Airwave gratis and everything was fine until I upgraded my phone to the Optimus S. It works great at home but when I leave for any length of time and try to make a call I get error 16... blah blah blah.

I hang on and a CS person will come on, ask me ALL the same questions and do a "CHLR" refresh for me. Cool. Yep. I got pissed after the 2nd time and had Sprint send me another phone... Yep... Same crap. I'm disabled and don't go out often but when I do I like a working phone. At home it's a great phone!! Love it. My first Android.

Sprint tech support has no solution... Tried many things.

I'm hoping someone in this forum can help me with some sort of work around (unlike sprint) for this issue.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any help.

ownmart
08-22-2011, 01:48 PM
that specific phone on cricket for example used to have issues of bad signal so it could simply be the prl

JHILL110
08-22-2011, 06:54 PM
that specific phone on cricket for example used to have issues of bad signal so it could simply be the prl

Thanks for the reply... Updated prl (60680) and still tanks on me when I'm out. Funny thing is, I can go out for a little while and it doesn't screw up. But if I'm out and about for a couple of hours it goes through the error deal. Some kind of security thing sprint has going... keeps flagging my phone. Arrgh... :mad: