PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!!!SOLUTION FOR CDMA iPHONE 4 TO WORK WITH NIGERIAN CDMA PROVIDERS.

chizzy500
08-20-2011, 02:33 AM
Sorry if this has been posted before but i have dug round the forum for 3 days now. Steps av taken

i have jailbroken my phone
installed openssh
i av also done the akey thing and was successful
but when i change the prl to my carrier i get still get prl=58008 and eri version=6 when i try to dial *22804 i get a voice prompmt telling me dat am an unregistered customer to another carrier in my country and not the one with the prl. Am bit confused please clarify.thank

PS:THE PRL I HAVE IS FOR STRACOMMS BUT I GET A VOICE PROMPT FOR MULTILINKS TELKOM

rich hathaway
08-20-2011, 09:10 AM
write your prl to your phone manually.you couldnt have "dug around"to much because its right there in the iphone section.

chizzy500
08-20-2011, 10:05 AM
am sorry if am annoying but av done dat a couple of times but i still get pri=58008 eri=6 and it dosnt change am i doing anything wrong.thanks

rich hathaway
08-20-2011, 11:14 AM
well i cant tell you if your doing anything wrong because i dont know what you have done.list each and every step you have done in the exact order you did them and what programs you used,the more details you give the better your answer will be.but like i said the guide is in the iphone section if you follow it exactly it will work for you to write your prl to your device.

chizzy500
08-20-2011, 03:07 PM
here is what I've done so far

I jailbroke with jailbreakme(am on 4.2.6)
Installed sbsettings and winterboard and afc2add
downloaded the prl file from a thread on nigerian prl(starcomms prl) in this forum i followed the steps as u posted them only i used ifunbox. i replaced the prl as u said.but when i try dialing *228 it tells me u are an unregistered customer with multilinks(another cdma network in my country) and my prl remains the same version=58008 eri version=6
when i dial *22807 it hangsup but nothing happens. so where did i go wrong?

rich hathaway
08-20-2011, 06:17 PM
your leaving alot of details out dude,simply saying "i replaced prl as you said" leaves alot to the imagination,and since that is where you went wrong,you should probly outline the EXACT steps you took to do it.you said you replaced it,that wont work,you gotta overwrite it.

follow the guide exactly as it is writtin,if you deviate from it at all,your wasting your time cuz its not gonna work.

chizzy500
08-21-2011, 09:29 AM
here is the whole thing
got the prl from [Only registered and activated users can see links]
changed the name from evdo_623H.prl to 310vzw.prl
replaced it with the one on the phone by going to root--system--library---carrier bundles---iphone----zeppelin_us.bundle
i used ifile to turn on the prlflag, rebooted turned the boolean off then rebooted again the tried chking the prl and eri i still had pri=58008 and eri=6
i used ifunbox and even tried disk aid .
please is there a way of creating or extracting prl files.

av not registered my meid/esn number with operator yet
the prl i got i don't if it is the real one it 66bytes THANKS I APPRECIATE YOUR TIME

rich hathaway
08-21-2011, 09:43 AM
here's the thing dude,your not paying attention to detail bro.the name of the file (if you pay attention)is,310VZW.prl not
310vzw.prl ,so the phone is gonna ignore that no matter how or where you put it,cuz your not even renaming it correctly,second and like i said before you cannot replace the file.........you gotta overwrite the file or its not gonna work,use diskaid,it will work just fine and is the most simple way to do this.but also like i said bro,whether or not you pay attention to detail you can bet yer phone is.

so wondering why its not working? answer = your not paying attention to details.

at this point i would suggest you restore the phone before proceeding,just in case you got something else messed up in the phone.

if you keep having trouble i would suggest you take/send your phone to a qualified tech who can write your prl min mdn and sid to the phone and have the work work done correctly.

chizzy500
08-21-2011, 10:15 AM
sorry it is 310VZW.prl i wrote and not 310vzw.prl. and i did overwrite it using both ifunbox and diskaid. DO I NEED TO REGISTER THE MEID/ESN BEFORE PUTTING IN THE PRL COS I JUST RESTORED AND TRIED AGAIN AND ITS STILL THE SAME. THIS TIME CORRECTLY

rich hathaway
08-21-2011, 02:45 PM
no you dont need to put yer meid on yer acct for it to take the spc,it makes no difference,but if yer provider uses ota programming and your phone will connect to it that will be the simpler way to write the spc.
if its not working then your doing something wrong.i have heard peeps say they could not get it to overwrite,but i have flashed about a hundred of these and never had one that wouldnt take it,sometimes the ota is difficult,but the writing of the prl is really cut and dry.

all i can say is when you get yer prl,dont open it,change it,or alter it in any way other than to right click it and rename it then save it.dont transfer it to notepad or mess with it at all.also when you change the boolean the first time and reboot,it should lose signal,if it doesnt,then you might as well stop cuz its not gonna work,just restart right there and re-overwrite it,the screen should flash when it overwrites (on the phone) if it doesnt yer doin something wrong.if you dont know yer prl to be good,then use a different one off the forum to try with,just to see if its the file,but really if its corrupt or altered or something the phone just wont get signal.but it would still overwrite.

when you overwrite it it should prompt you and ask if you wanna overwrite,if it does not,you screwed up somewhere.

chizzy500
08-22-2011, 11:57 AM
does this flash work for 4.2.10 cos am about to restore i dont av shsh for 4.2.6. i was also wondering incase i damaged the files is it possible to replace with another persons zeppelin_us.bundle file with my own? thanks a bunch. i think my files are corrupt cos the flash worked one with another persons iphone

rich hathaway
08-22-2011, 02:55 PM
yes it works with all firmwares,but you will need to use the latest version of whichever program your using to write yer prl(diskaid,ifunbox,ect)and yes you can overwrite your zeppelin bundle using the same method as you use to write the prl,so overwrite,dont replace,then reboot navagate to that file and make sure the phone noticed the changes you made.

chizzy500
08-23-2011, 03:57 AM
thx to ur help i found out that if u do a carrier update the process of putting the prl would not work it will keep showing prl=58008 eri=6 so d whole idea is to not do a carrier update via itunes just leave the phone as it is then do the process. is it necesarry i must use an ota activation? or does the prl do the job cos i dont know if my carrier supports ota. thx

rich hathaway
08-23-2011, 09:35 AM
if you dont use ota,then you must manually write yer min,mdn,sid,and depending whre you are,your country codes to the phone.

chizzy500
08-23-2011, 12:09 PM
Thanks a lot please where do I put in this parameters that is the min(cos deres min 1 and min2) mdn and sid cos I also have nid too. Also about the country code pls where do I putting those thanks

rich hathaway
08-23-2011, 11:45 PM
min1 is the 7 digit or last 7 digits of the min,min2 is the area code part of the min.writing them and the other fields to the phone is going to be part of the full flash solution and is not goin to be posted for free,but will hopefully soon be complete and for sale in the marketplace of the forum.

but i would think you may be able to downgrade back using a custom firmware to bypass problems with your baseband and get you back to where you have better luck with ota,but sounds like you should def.find out about ota possibilities and your carrier

chizzy500
08-23-2011, 11:56 PM
thank you very much am very grateful.i will wait cos i have put the sid/nid and mdn,even codes for the secondary and primary A and B bands but i cant seem to call or receive calls . I WANT TO KNOW ..IF I GET MY PARAMETERS RIGHT WOULD IT WORK? i dont understand the part about downgrades. please explain cos the fone is on 4.2.6 and u said the method worked for any firmware cos idont have shsh. THANKS A BUNCH YOU A GENIUS

rich hathaway
08-24-2011, 11:05 AM
well i should have said unles you are on 4.2.6 cuz if your on 4.2.6 there is no downgrade,that was the first firmware for the cdma iphone.sorry bro i was assuming you had restored to a later firmware.check with your carrier to see if they use ota programming,that will be the way to go for you.

chizzy500
08-24-2011, 12:08 PM
i just updated to 4.2.10 and my prl was accepted.do suggest i go back to 4.2.6?and the full flash is their an eta. i also figured that if a prl for instance prl=422 can "upgrade" and become 423 but prl=423 can not be 422 dats why some peoples prl was not accepted also if a carrier update was performed u prl method wouldn't work cos its definitely higher than dat. if dere a way to downgrade to 4.2.6 pls help me out. thanks i will play around with the fone and try to put the min,mdn sid etc i found. keeping my fingers crossed