PDA

View Full Version : iOS 5 Beta 6 Hits Apple Dev Channel

cdmagurus.com
08-19-2011, 07:00 PM
Apple has made a sixth beta version of iOS 5 available via its developer portal. The newest beta fixes a number of bugs, adds a few new features, and includes updated developer tools. A final version of iOS 5 will be made available to iOS devices later this year.

More... ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Bjornsitte
08-21-2011, 09:37 AM
installed 5 beta 6 yesterday after reading it is possible to jailbreak with Redsn0w (mac). Only problem is I cannot get Redsn0w to recognize the iOS 5 beta 6 IPSW. I have both the Redsn0w app and the IPSW on my desktop.... Any suggestions?

Also, I've got extra UDID registrations so if someone wants to enjoy the journey let me know...

rich hathaway
08-21-2011, 09:58 AM
what version of redsnow you using? should be 0.9.8b5 and the ipsw iOS5 beta5 (point it directly at the stock beta5 IPSW),activate using yer udid,(there is a bunch of new activation stuff this will bypass for you,then boot tetherd and it should work for you.
also did you hear about the new ota updates there gonna start pushing to the phones to make everyone loose there jb and there unlocks.....man wtf apple???

Bjornsitte
08-23-2011, 07:58 PM
just got the new redsn0w, got it jailbroken on mac. Things were going good until I installed an app from Cydia that required a reboot.... and of course reboot without redsn0w tether... now I'm stuck on apple logo and a force restart (holding down power button and home button) only gets the same thing. Also I tried the reboot with itunes open and itunes did not register the phone.... One of these days I'll stop playing with my business phone :) So, yeah, any ideas?

Bjornsitte
08-23-2011, 08:04 PM
..........also did you hear about the new ota updates there gonna start pushing to the phones to make everyone loose there jb and there unlocks.....man wtf apple???

I was under the impression that jailbreaking stopped the ota completely.... there should be a way to stop the push.

Bjornsitte
08-23-2011, 08:18 PM
just got the new redsn0w, got it jailbroken on mac. Things were going good until I installed an app from Cydia that required a reboot.... and of course reboot without redsn0w tether... now I'm stuck on apple logo and a force restart (holding down power button and home button) only gets the same thing. Also I tried the reboot with itunes open and itunes did not register the phone.... One of these days I'll stop playing with my business phone :) So, yeah, any ideas?

So I did the hard restore (power and home held down until the apple logo flashes back on then release power and hold home) now I'm reinstalling 5 b 6 with iTunes. I need to be more careful about which apps I reinstall. Also my Cydia backups with PKGBackup were not found when I reinstalled the app..... Is the BS worth the jailbreak... Hind sight, "NO" Stay with iOS 4 for now.

rich hathaway
08-23-2011, 11:34 PM
tethered means you have reboot the phone with redsnow every time it looses pwr or is shut off,just select the option "just boot tethered"in redsnow and the phone will boot back up to a usable state.no need to reload it and loose all your stuff.

Bjornsitte
08-24-2011, 06:19 AM
Problem is when you reinstall cydia apps some may require a reboot after reinstall without the option to choose redsn0w for tether. Then after the app reboots the phone it's stuck on apple logo and redsn0w does not read the phone. I tried unplugging the usb cable, soft restarting the iPhone and replugging it, restarting iTunes, restarting the computer. Nothing. I even tried using Xcode from my Developer account and it couldn't find the phone via usb either. I left the phone unplugged for 1 hr and still just the apple logo. I was trying to get the phone into DFU mode manually and time it with Redsn0w but only the Restore mode came up where it shows the iTunes logo and the usb. I used the iOS 5 beta 6 IPSW I downloaded from the apple dev area and "Option-Restored in iTunes (version 10.5b90). After the install finished and I went through the new iphone introduction options the, "New Software Update" window popped up, I chose "update to 5 beta 6" (again). The ota download kicked in, ejected the iphone from itunes and 5 b 6 was reinstalled ota this time.

iPhone 4 CDMA on Cricket
I'm using the new version of redsnow for iOS 5 beta 6 found here:
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

rich hathaway
08-24-2011, 10:50 AM
you gotta put the phone into dfu after each reboot while plugged in to pc,it works.but really is a pain in the *ss cuz its gonna need to reboot after every install from most every app,so if yer needin to stay jailbroken and you wanna install apps,it is always better to stay on a platform that is untetherd.

Bjornsitte
08-24-2011, 12:18 PM
you gotta put the phone into dfu after each reboot while plugged in to pc..........

How do I get DFU without being able to turn the phone off?

....it works.but really is a pain in the *ss cuz its gonna need to reboot after every install from most every app

OMG! I've got 79 apps/tweaks from Cydia and since my backup/restore app wont retrieve my Cydia backups off dropbox that would take me until the public release of iOS 5 to load my jailbroken phone with all my Cydia stuff.

rich hathaway
08-24-2011, 02:02 PM
hold down pwr and home buttons for about 10 together and this will force your phone to shut down,right after it shuts down start the sequence for dfu because it will likely pwr right back up if its been having probs