PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Prevail M820 Cricket flash...Help please

johnnyboy14981
08-17-2011, 01:58 AM
So I have a Boost Samsung prevail M820 that I am trying to flash to Cricket. This phone is kind of irritating me. It seems like you have to do everything manually. I got the prl loaded thru CDMA ws but it won't let you write ANYTHING else. It says access denied. I found a page with all the ** commands but still no luck. When I go into the browser and enter the gateway ip address nothing happens. So stuck at talk and text at this point. Any help who be greatly appreciated...

johnnyboy14981
08-19-2011, 01:57 AM
Wow thanks for all the input guys. Just trying to get wap figured out. It's a shame this forum used to be so much more helpful.

bawanyh
09-15-2011, 12:33 PM
can you explain how you got talk and text working?

Thanks

ownmart
12-19-2011, 09:37 PM
There seems to be a lot of 'security' on this phone from Boost, they really do not want you to flash it easily. So you'll be hard pressed to do any of the programming through a PC.

ANYWAYS.. here's what I did

1. Plug in phone in debugging mode
2. adb shell getprop ril.MSL
3. ##8778# > USB Mode
4. CDMA Workshop > Unlock with MSL, won't let you write SPC but that's ok
5. CDMA Workshop > Write PRL
6. Unplug phone
7. ##SPC# > Edit > write MDN and MIN > Done

On reboot the phone should be half flashed.

Full flash programming would have to be done in ##DATA# then most likely normal Samsung Galaxy steps.

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

ownmart
12-19-2011, 09:50 PM
what i got from the other site, did not work for the prevail i was using, couldnt get workshop to read btw, others have been successful

ra3qfb
04-25-2012, 03:56 PM
this phone not answer on nv commands like other phones. But you can program it completely by using QPST EFS explorer.
In nvm/num you can see a bunch ot txt files named as digits. It is nv items by numbers. If you know wich nv you want to
edit - just copy it, edit and write back. when edit all - just reboot. Works in metro pcs voice/text/internet - i tested on my own number

rich hathaway
04-25-2012, 11:34 PM
this is an old thread but you can flash this phone fine with cdma ws