PDA

View Full Version : What is error code 1012 and how to fix it?

pagenotfound
08-08-2011, 08:30 PM
I have a fully flashed evo, everything works (yes web). So my HA and AAA have to be correct along with NV. When I go to do a update profile or prl update i get Error 1012. Anyone know how to fix this. I read somewhere about something with a PRI.

I personally think it is a problem on the providers side because I have another line with an Optimus on it and it would NEVER do an update but everything worked. Then the other day I no longer had web so I called and they gave me a new data profile 1 username then after that my phone will now update.

Does this make sense?

Scuba
08-08-2011, 08:36 PM
Just because you get web dont mean everything is set right....Try this type ##33284# then EVDO engineering and scroll to the bottom..you should see AN/AAA authentication...What does it say there??

pagenotfound
08-08-2011, 10:11 PM
Just because you get web dont mean everything is set right....Try this type ##33284# then EVDO engineering and scroll to the bottom..you should see AN/AAA authentication...What does it say there?? ummm humm thought so

AN/AAA authentication
1= Authenticated
Should it say something else?

treo650
08-08-2011, 10:49 PM
not all phones can do hands free activation.

it will only update profile and prl if your phone has the over the air capability.

no matter what you do or try, unless the phone has the hands free activation feature, you will always get error

treo650
08-08-2011, 10:49 PM
---it shouldnt matter though. as long as the phone works and is 3g ready why do you need to update profile?

Scuba
08-08-2011, 11:09 PM
AN/AAA authentication
1= Authenticated
Should it say something else?

Nope thats right...I also get the same error now 1012 it did do a profile and prl update at first but now it wont..doesnt matter though I dont need it to :)

pagenotfound
08-09-2011, 12:09 AM
I honestly think it is something that is wrong with the carriers end. The reason I am asking is because a guy I know is constantly switching between an EVO (for the weekends) and a crap phone (for work) and every time he switched back to his EVO his web doesn't work anymore unless he goes in to QPST and puts in all the passwords.

There is also a guy on ebay selling EVOs flashed to BOOST who is mailing the phones unactivated and telling the buyer to not turn the phone on until they add the DEC to their account then turn it on and it will activate itself. I was a bit suprised at this method as I have always seen people mail phones completely active.

pagenotfound
08-11-2011, 11:31 PM
I found a solution. I was using a stock 2.3.3 rooted rom. All I did to get past the error was reflash the rom again and just like that it worked perfectly! There must be something stored in memory or cache that is messing it up.

luiseno
08-12-2011, 09:11 PM
I found a solution. I was using a stock 2.3.3 rooted rom. All I did to get past the error was reflash the rom again and just like that it worked perfectly! There must be something stored in memory or cache that is messing it up.

luiseno
08-12-2011, 09:12 PM
i tred that nothing? help my internet works then drops etc.....slow too