PDA

View Full Version : Flashed Evo Automatic Activation and PRL Update?

pagenotfound
08-07-2011, 10:59 PM
This might be a stupid question but I am really baffled. I have flashed a lot of evos and why will the automatic activation and prl update work sometimes but not others? Is there a setting in the phone that I am missing? I was told that all I need to do to any phone is zero out the phone number via ##SPC# and then maybe a factory reset and it will automatically update (PRL, DATA PROFILE) even though the phone is flashed. Anyone know anything about this?

treo650
08-07-2011, 11:01 PM
##786# and reset the phone.. it SHOULD clear your info then allow an auto programming

BUT at times, it does not, therefore you can ##spc# and edit the MDN and MSID to 0000000000 (all zeros)

REBOOT and it will hands free activate

hit the thanks if Ive helped

pagenotfound
08-07-2011, 11:09 PM
Thanks a lot I will give it a try and see if it works 100% of the time.

pagenotfound
08-08-2011, 12:13 AM
Works sometimes but other times i get error code 67, unable to establish wireless data connection.

Scuba
08-08-2011, 12:18 AM
error 67 is a bad username or password in your MIP or PPP profile.that will depend on which network its going on and wether or not the NV items are correct on the phone.

treo650
08-08-2011, 12:25 AM
correct, 67 is bad username or password

recheck your aaa key

pagenotfound
08-08-2011, 12:30 AM
correct, 67 is bad username or password

recheck your aaa key

Profile 0 HA and AAA are ALWAYS the same because they are dependent on the actual handset, while Profile 1 HA and AAA is dependent on the actual user account correct?

Example, I sell my phone to my friend to activate on his account. I login to his account and add the DEC and then power on the handset. Shouldn't it automatically update the profile 1 to his account?

I would also not recommend the ##786# reset to anyone with a flashed phone. It reset my Profile 0 NAI along with PPP NAI. I would stick with ##SPC#.

treo650
08-08-2011, 12:46 AM
in theory it SHOULD reset back to normal after a 786 reset

but, on some rare occasions it does not, and if you modified an AAA key, it will no longer OTA activate (if the original is messed up)

thats why its always advised to backup original nv items

I was careless before and never bothered backing up NV ITEMS...but learned my lesson on one of my phones always getting error 67 on hands free activation. SO now, I always back them up

NOTE: I'm not a dealer. just doing this for a personal hobby of mine. I actually get a free phone from my workplace- all paid for

I just like tinkering with android lol