PDA

View Full Version : Android A855 Full Flash to Cricket Help

antman1
07-26-2011, 03:40 PM
My wife wanted a Droid for herself so I got her the A855. I flashed the Cyanogen7 Gingerbread mod to it and used this guide [Only registered and activated users can see links] to get web and all working. I did the *22804 to use OTA programing and all went well it did most of the NAM stuff for me. I did the NV settings and such like the guide said but her 3G doesnt seem real fast to me. it works after I reboot the phone and then after a while it seems to have a hard time going again and then I have to restart the phone for it to go again. Is it possible I overlooked something or did something wrong?

I have her on the $45 plan and my iPhone on the $35 plan. Her phone is setup as a Motorola V3C Razo and so is my iPhone. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

rich hathaway
07-26-2011, 03:58 PM
it would be much faster using the no-proxy solution and crickets 60z plan that will connect you to the android server and get you out of going thru crickets proxy.the stock rom works just fine with it.
you using simple ip only or mob+sim.may be faster using mob+sim but sometimes will throw the error 67 from sprint when you use mob+sim ip.

antman1
07-26-2011, 04:08 PM
I'm using mob+simp, what do I need to do to get the 60z plan? I will try to find a guide on how to do the no proxy method and check that out too. All this is new to me. Thanks again for your help.

rich hathaway
07-26-2011, 05:07 PM
have custy service change yer plan(there will be a charge) the model has to be m6000 or m860 or one of the cricket android models,that is where custy service will fail for you,they will list it as cpe android,which in alot of markets wont work,(doesnt in mine)

then just write the evdo tab in ws, use white rabbit to get yer nv's,write them in the memory tab of ws,actually write the memory tab first,because some stuff may revert after you write that.thats it,reset the phone wait a few you should have 3g.
you should prolly check everything else while your in there,prl,sid,ect.

if you cant get it set up right with custy serv. you can call the store (kc phone and flash)we will do it for you,but there will be a proration on yer acct from cricket and a small serv chrg.

KTreez
08-26-2011, 07:02 AM
Hey guys, new to this whole forum thing and asking for help online, but I could really use someones help with flashing my droid over to cricket. I got the droid rooted, and have my roms on it and everything. I have HW VSP downloaded as well as CDMA Workshop. I am so close, but yet so far from getting it fully flashed.

So here's the problem that I need help with:

I cannot create a virtual serial port using HW VSP to my droid. Every time I try to create a COM, it doesnt get passed connecting to LAN. It says error every time. But no explanation. Before that, I was getting an error that was saying "cannot create COM5 etc.." I CANNOT CREATE A VIRTUAL SERIAL PORT and have absolutely NO idea what I'm doing wrong, or what I need to do right.

PLEASE HELP! I've spent the past 3 days trying to figure this out. And could some one please explain it in normal terms. The computer lingo is throwing me off. I'm ready to break something, thats how frustrated all of this is making me. So please, some one...help! Can some one just call me and explain this? It'd be so much easier that way

Thank you, Keith

durrgamd
11-11-2011, 08:26 PM
i think im in the same boat cant get my droid to show on my cdma workshop can someone please help i appreciate any help i can get

Thank You

whitey10tc
11-11-2011, 10:34 PM
i think im in the same boat cant get my droid to show on my cdma workshop can someone please help i appreciate any help i can get

Thank YouWhat have you tried?What drivers version? What version of HWVSP? Is the phone in diag mode? What version CDMA WS?

durrgamd
11-12-2011, 02:30 AM
i tried downloading adb driver not sure version didn't work, hwvsp i cant figure out how to use, i put it usb debugging tried, dont know how to put in diag mode, cdma ws 3.7.5

whitey10tc
11-12-2011, 02:45 AM
i tried downloading adb driver not sure version didn't work, hwvsp i cant figure out how to use, i put it usb debugging tried, dont know how to put in diag mode, cdma ws 3.7.5OK you'll need the Moto drivers located in the Moto drivers forum at the bottom of the main forum in the feature phone solutions.
Then you'll need To do the following:
To put it in diag mode in the first place, turn it off, hold down the T button, and then plug the usb cable into the computer and wait for it to turn on.
You use HW Virtual serial port, but instead of using the DHCP IP address,
Use 192.168.16.2 as the IP address and port 11008 in HWSP

I can post links in the morning if you can't find the drivers. Also in hwvsp make sure to uncheck NVT.

durrgamd
11-12-2011, 03:06 AM
thank you thank you thank you
now idk if i can say what i want to do spc ok 16 password ok it says fail on writing do you know why

whitey10tc
11-12-2011, 03:11 AM
SPC should be six 0's. If you're thinking of cloning the MEID, no we can't discuss that. But it's not that easy and is not worth it.

durrgamd
11-12-2011, 03:33 AM
ok i took two broken droids made one whole. mother board from one is bad so i cant move others meid to fixed one so im toast

whitey10tc
11-12-2011, 03:39 AM
ok i took two broken droids made one whole. mother board from one is bad so i cant move others meid to fixed one so im toast

Short answer is yes. There is a way to do it but won't be found in the public forums do to the legality of it. While what you intend to do is technically legal the info is often used for illegal purposes.

durrgamd
11-12-2011, 03:45 AM
thank you now its i can go to bed

good night all