PDA

View Full Version : Evo 3d Perma-Temp Root

Scuba
07-19-2011, 11:06 PM
Hey I am posting this for those people anxious to have root on their Evo 3d phones...This is not my work but its fairly simple to use..Just make sure to have your HTC Drivers already installed.

Last week, a temp root exploit was found for the HTC Evo 3D. Well, that hack only allows you to use Super User app permission just once, making it very ineffective in using any rooted apps.

This week, a permanent temp root has been found, which allows you to have FULL root privileges on your HTC Evo 3D until you reboot your phone.

This is pretty easy to do though, there’s a script for every platform including Windows, Mac, and Linux.

All you need to do is make sure to have your Evo 3D in “Debugging Mode” by checking on under Settings->Applications->Development, then run the script.

First, download the evo3dpermatemproot.zip below and unzip.

For Windows, simply run “Run_ME_Fr3vo_ROOT.bat”.

For Linux, run “sh linux.sh”.

For Mac, run “sh mac.sh”.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Good Luck...I hope this leads to alot more things we can do with this Phone :)

treo650
07-20-2011, 09:26 PM
can someone please try this and see if it allows scanning in workshop?

Scuba
07-20-2011, 10:57 PM
I dont think that will work...The problem is we need to load an Engineering Bootloader which I hear is out there but on reboot you loose root so you wont be able to install the engineering bootloader...but its getting close :)

psyko_chewbacca
07-21-2011, 09:10 AM
An important file to secure would be that ENG bootloader. Does anyone knows where to get it? I heard it is on XDA but I cannot find it.