PDA

View Full Version : Update for gsm - 4.3.4 & cdma - 4.2.9 available but they are only a trap-stay away.

rich hathaway
07-16-2011, 05:04 PM
this goes without saying...STAY AWAY FROM THESE UPDATES....they are only a trap that will close the hole/exploit that is used for the jailbreak for the perspective phones.

so you will not only loose your jailbreak,but no jailbreak=no unlock.

there is however some good news that is that there is a different exploit said to be found that will work for these updates,but is not ready or realesed yet.

so unless you are using att or verizon and dont care about being jailbroken stay away.

it is best to turn off the switch to automatically check for updates in itunes.

caz345
07-21-2011, 01:08 AM
Unfortunately the guy that I just bought my I phone 4 from did the 4.2.9 update right before I pick up the phone from him! Grrr. So I guess im stuck waiting for awhile to jailbreak, anybody have any idea when it might be available? However I did have the phone flashed to cricket and it does work, just has the issue with text to other providers.

rich hathaway
07-21-2011, 09:26 AM
wont be long,there is said to already be loop/hole that can be used,its just not made public yet.
but dev team will release soon.

mominn8266
07-24-2011, 09:34 PM
my iphone 4 got stuck at the apple logo during flashing the battery ran out. and i did not have SHSH backed up. So i had to restore to 4.2.9 but the cricket shop in my area flashed it to cricket without it being jailbroken.

rich hathaway
07-24-2011, 10:24 PM
ya if it takes the ota without you having to write the prl first,it'll work without jb.

but most want to be jb.

caz345
07-25-2011, 03:23 AM
Not sure if this makes any sense but when my cricket guy flashed my phone he used some software to re write some file but never jailbroke the phone and im on the 4.2.9 version.