PDA

View Full Version : AT&T's Lancaster Looks Good But May Disappoint

cdmagurus.com
07-16-2011, 04:50 PM
There's no denying that AT&T has been particularly quiet about its plans for an Android phone release. Last month I speculated that the carrier may have picked up the HTC Hero but now, thanks to engadget, we have fairly credible confirmation that AT&T's first Android phone will actually be the HTC Lancaster.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]
At first look it seems to be quite a nice handset, an amalgamation of the G1 ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) and Magic ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) and had it been around sooner I would have chosen it over my G1 – or would I? I personally prefer a physical keyboard to the a touchscreen so the Lancaster seems to have everything going for it apart from the display. I'm really impressed by the G1's 3.2 inch HVGA (320 x 480) display but the Lancaster is let down by a smaller 2.8 inch QVGA (240 x 320) display which is a bit of a disappointment.

I'm also not sure about the MSM7225 processor (which the leaked Lancaster datasheet shows incorrectly as an MSN7225). Although, like the G1's MSM7201 the 7225 is a 528 MHz ARM processor, rumour is that it lacks a GPU. I can't seem to find any details on this processor on the Qualcomm website – maybe someone can shed some light on the differences between the MSM7201 and the MSM7225?

Source: engadget ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

[Only registered and activated users can see links] ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

More... ([Only registered and activated users can see links])