PDA

View Full Version : Possibly Tapped? No data/3g connection, varified plan & used different phone....

David Inman
07-16-2011, 02:16 AM
I have a weird data issue with a persons phone, im not sure why its doing it.
Person brought me Huawei Ascend saying the internet wont work... They said it hasn't worked ever since they turned they're phone back on after it got deactivated for non-payment. So i tried resetting it, checked all the info in the phone to make sure it was correct and i still couldn't get it to work. The box that comes up when using 3g wasn't showing up(to the left of 1x & 3g Signal), it did for a sec then never again did. So i saw that my Ascend i dont use, not even activated has that 3g box there. Verified that the account had data, and of course it did, it uses the android plan... So, i switched her account to my phone, and the 3g doesn't show up... A Triangle did for 0-30 seconds and thats it. I was researching this problem and i came across two different post saying the accounts been tapped, and after i switched it to another phone the 3g wasn't working.. But it was before her account was on they're it worked, thats why in the back of my head im thinking it might be a tap on there.... If not what else could it be, it's obviously not the phone correct????

rich hathaway
07-16-2011, 09:21 AM
hey were glad yer posting and trust our community to help w/yer prob.but you gotta play by forum rules bro,that means no double posting.if you hav'nt read our forum rules please do so they can be found on the main forum page or in my sig. double posting "cluters" up the forum and creates work for our already overworked staff.

i will delete the other post you made in johnnyboy's thread.

but your not alone with the prob you got,many reports from multiple markets have the same complaint. the android plan is supost to be a auto provisioning acct.and is for the most part.

however and i notice that it is mostly after reinstating service after hotlined the data stops working,and i should say cricket is aware of this,your options are,have your local cricket dealer,or custy serv. open a ticket with your particular prob and wait for the ticket to be opened and corrected,1-5 days.or if you are dealer migrate the phone to a new acct, leaving the data provisioning problem behind on the old acct.

tsaharms
07-16-2011, 10:05 AM
The phone is not tapped. Typically when the situation you describe occurs, it is because the customer hit the 1gb soft cap.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

David Inman
07-17-2011, 07:22 AM
Thank You Rich, sorry for the inconvenience, won't let that happen again... We tsaharms i know that she hasn't hit the soft cap, hasn't even been able to use it this month. Im sure it has to do with it being hotlined and then reinstalling the service. I checked the data usage last night and it said data usage wasn't available. Ill see if this is my problem once i can contact a custy rep.

David Inman
07-26-2011, 10:27 PM
however and i notice that it is mostly after reinstating service after hotlined the data stops working,and i should say cricket is aware of this,your options are,have your local cricket dealer,or custy serv. open a ticket with your particular prob and wait for the ticket to be opened and corrected,1-5 days.or if you are dealer migrate the phone to a new acct, leaving the data provisioning problem behind on the old acct.

finally got around to calling today, put in the ticket.. 7-14 days they said i should get a call, i hate crickets custy support lol. thanks again for the tip
rich.

Gabe
07-27-2011, 01:38 AM
I came across a similar prob after a hotlined acount came my way only it was mms that couldnt be done I tried reprovisioning the account I tried different phones I even put in a ticket with cricket they got back to me and said the prob was fixed and everything is working fine of course they were lying so i tried this and it seemed to work so far havent finshed my trial and error sesion yet but I put the cust on the 35d plan and added mms and data to the plan my next step is when they come back in to pay their bill next move them back to the 55d plan I am not sure if that will fix the prob but as for now there phone works on all ends except the market and full internet so I will keep you updated as soon as i find out there bill is do on the 30th

David Inman
07-27-2011, 01:50 AM
I came across a similar prob after a hotlined acount came my way only it was mms that couldnt be done I tried reprovisioning the account I tried different phones I even put in a ticket with cricket they got back to me and said the prob was fixed and everything is working fine of course they were lying so i tried this and it seemed to work so far havent finshed my trial and error sesion yet but I put the cust on the 35d plan and added mms and data to the plan my next step is when they come back in to pay their bill next move them back to the 55d plan I am not sure if that will fix the prob but as for now there phone works on all ends except the market and full internet so I will keep you updated as soon as i find out there bill is do on the 30th

What phone does your customer have? and your customers picture messaging works?

David Inman
07-28-2011, 06:38 AM
I just wish i was a cricket dealer, or had access to migrate the customer to a whole new account!!! My 2 week, soon to be 3 headache wouldn't exist :(
I wouldn't have to wait 7-14 days for a phone call from custy. service; then come to find out what Gabe said, in post #6, "cricket called said the prob was fixed and everything is working fine of course they were lying" Sigh.

rich hathaway
07-28-2011, 09:03 AM
when the cricket rep calls you and says it is fixed,but it is still not working,its not because there lying,they woudnt even call if that was the case.it is because they have done there checks and followed there protocalls and see no further errors or probs. on the acct.having said that,in your search to fix the prob, is it possible that you have changed something on the phone creating a different problem? you might try to retrace your steps and remember what you have done and maybe restore the phone to the settings that were on it when the prob. occured.

tsaharms
07-28-2011, 10:09 AM
I have found alot of times, an esn change will fix the auto provision issues.

David Inman
07-28-2011, 01:17 PM
well I haven't got the call from custy. yet. But that sounds like what Gabe's problem most likely is..

I switched phones completly, so I did an esn change and that didn't fix it.

I will just wait it out and see what happens, i will update when custy. serv calls..

tsaharms
07-28-2011, 06:17 PM
Pm me customers name, number and D.O.B. I'll pull up yhe account and see of I cant figure out whats going on