PDA

View Full Version : Expired CDMA-WS

am5555
07-12-2011, 06:02 PM
I purchased CDMA-WS about a year ago, so my license probably just expired last month. I received an email about upgrading for $75, but since I only used it once in that year, I figured this probably wasn't practical.

My question is...the email from them indicated I can still use the previous version released prior to my license expiring, but I never downloaded it again after the first day or two that I ordered it.

I just checked my link from the original email they sent me with my order info, and it was expired (obviously).

Any idea how I can go about downloading the latest version prior to my license expiring, and is there any point in using the "older" versions of this software?

Thanks

whitey10tc
07-12-2011, 06:12 PM
3.5 or 3.6 work fine, the newest 3.7 has a changed interface and added devices.

For getting a link to download the older version, you'd need to contact cdma ware support.

rich hathaway
07-12-2011, 06:33 PM
did you erase it or something?look in your drive you installed it on.

am5555
07-12-2011, 06:46 PM
Thanks for the reply...I apologize in advance, but I'm going to have to break this down in detail as I want to do whats right, but also want to get what I paid for. Looking back over my email receipts, it looks like I ordered CDMA-WS on 5/29/10. I received an email from them on 5/31/10 giving me the download link and my license.

So, my question is, since the latest version (3.7) was released on 5/31/11 exactly one year from the date I received the software, should I be entitled to use this version, or am I out of luck and stuck with using 3.6 since I ordered it two days prior.

Either way, I'm not sure where I would get either 3.6 or 3.7 from. I see 3.7 available as a demo on their site, and i've found 3.5 available elsewhere in these forums, but not 3.6.

Any thoughts???

* I apologize if this post is slightly obnoxious, as it felt that way when I was typing it! :) *

whitey10tc
07-12-2011, 07:05 PM
Not obnoxious, yet! LOL!

I wish I had a better answer, other than contact the support at cdma ware. It would stand to reason and would make since that if you purchased on x date and the upgrade came out on y date you should be entitled to the upgrade. At any point, I would believe that you should at least receive the 3.6 when they provide you a link.

I am going to PM the member here that is employed by cdma ware, and see if he could shed some light. But also keeping in mind it could take some time for him to reply.

am5555
07-12-2011, 07:42 PM
No problem, I really appreciate your help. I had contemplated just emailing them myself, but after reading through many of the threads on here, it seems like they can be a little "slow" with responding, so I thought I'd try here first.

Anyway, I'll be patient and appreciate any info you can come up with.

Thanks again!

rich hathaway
07-12-2011, 08:48 PM
i am betting your stuck with 3.6
which is still a fantastic software,however 3.7 is by far the most improved of any of there upgrades.

and is a big step up from 3.6

let us know how you get along

amoamare
07-12-2011, 11:53 PM
Support will tell you to ask around on the forums haha at least this is what they have told others.