PDA

View Full Version : Moto Droid X writing only 1 NV item. *Please Help*

nate2121
07-11-2011, 06:59 AM
Hey everyone.

I have been doing a few moto droids and moto droid Xs.
Recently I have been having trouble writting the NV-items to the phone.
Getting only 1 NV item written instead of the normal 11 or 12.

I am using CDMA WS 3.6 wasn't sure if there is a specific reason this is occurring or anything but I think after a week of toying with this phone it was time to ask for help.

Thanks!

rich hathaway
07-11-2011, 09:15 AM
a little more info please,such as what you have done up to this point,what program are you using to generate your nv items.usually when nv items wont write it means that either the description of the nv items is wrong or you are writing to an area of the nv that is read only.if you worte the items yourself it is most likely in the description(the number and size of the items)it must be correct for them to write,but will throw and error if not telling you that the size is wrong and doesnt match. if you generated with WR redo it and retry.possible that an area of the nv is corrupt,if this is the case reload the sbf and should work. hope this helps.

gibraltar
07-11-2011, 01:29 PM
if u are using hw virtual port, make sure nvt enable is off in settings

nate2121
07-11-2011, 10:45 PM
a little more info please,such as what you have done up to this point,what program are you using to generate your nv items.usually when nv items wont write it means that either the description of the nv items is wrong or you are writing to an area of the nv that is read only.if you worte the items yourself it is most likely in the description(the number and size of the items)it must be correct for them to write,but will throw and error if not telling you that the size is wrong and doesnt match. if you generated with WR redo it and retry.possible that an area of the nv is corrupt,if this is the case reload the sbf and should work. hope this helps.

Sorry didn't even think to put more well.
I am using CDMA WS 3.6
HW serial port ill check 2marow to see if its turned off.
I have retried doing the NV items from WR but I keep getting 1 item written.
At WR I am generating the 3.5 NV items.

How can I tell where I am writing them to? I was only it only looks like there is 1 spot in CDMA WS.

Ill probably add photos to this page 2marow.

rich hathaway
07-11-2011, 11:10 PM
write them to the memory tab under nv items.but you should open them up and make sure that there are the right number of nv item in there,(just use notepad).but i believe it writes a few more than 3,i think its 11 or 12.do you have workshop paid ver or the crack? it needs to be set before you produce them in wr. it ask's you if 3.5 or 2.7 right there by where u put the user name in.

nate2121
07-12-2011, 08:17 AM
I am using a paid ver of 3.6 and gen WR 3.5 since there was no option for 3.6 in WR.
Normally for droids they right i think its either 9 or 11.
When I get into my store ill take a look at my HW and see if its set right.
If it is ill start going though the NV items.

gibraltar
07-12-2011, 04:01 PM
only five items are needed.... which version of hw virtual port are u using? i have noticed that the 3.1.2 single port works more reliablely (although slower.) definitely make sure nvt enable is not checked

whitey10tc
07-17-2011, 03:20 AM
Down grade hwvsp to the older version should solve it.

rich hathaway
07-19-2011, 12:03 PM
droid x writes 12 nv items if it is done correctly, i just set up a new pc and had the same problem as nate,i fixed it by doing as gibralter's post suggest's (nice call) going into settings and uncheck nvt.i was getting the same error only writing one nv item,i also try'd to duplicate this error on a pc with xp pro and it was the same only writes one item with nvt check'd but unchecked writes all 12. hope that helps.

gibraltar
07-21-2011, 05:47 PM
only five items are necessary to fully configure nv :) i understand most people are using handed down nv items that write 12 items, but only 5 are needed out of those 12