PDA

View Full Version : So Very Beyond Confused and Annoyed

bkbond7
07-02-2011, 08:26 AM
Hello. I really know nothing about all this but after 7-8 hours of searching for a solution to my problem I ended up here, and I'm hoping someone can help me out.

I am a MetroPcs customer with 2 lines; an LG Optimus-M and a Huawei Ascend.

My problem lies in the Ascend. I live in Ca, bought the phone there Wed as an upgrade for an existing line. Was told phone was activated and ready to go. 2 hours later left state on a lengthy drive to KS. Phone will not find Metro service because *228 was not done prior to leaving home network. was told by cust. service that i would have to take it back to ca dial *228 then it wold work in KS. And yes, it is an area that is covered under the extended home network, the optimus is working no problem (which I have never dialed *228 on). Basically I need to know what if any other options i have besides taking it back to Ca and then having to get it back to KS.

Any help is so very much appreciated. Thank you.

rich hathaway
07-02-2011, 09:15 AM
take it to a shop and have your phone manually programmed by them.there are only a couple of shops around that can do this for you.where in kansas are you?
my shops are in kcks and we can do this for you.

bkbond7
07-02-2011, 10:44 AM
Thank you. I am in Lawrence. But could not find any shops in the area as according to Metro this is not a home coverage area. I actually just somehow fixed it. The phone came with Android 2.1 but Metro has the 2.2 upgrade on the site. I downloaded the upgrade then placed it in the phone's sd card drive. I had also downloaded a copy of the most recent prl and placed that in the phones sd drive as well. Once I ran the upgrade on the phone and it rebooted I magically had coverage. Not sure what part of what I did (if any) fixed it, but its fixed and thats all I care about.