PDA

View Full Version : Guide *How to add web/mms to Moto Droid X*

nate2121
06-26-2011, 01:42 AM
This guide is just a different way in adding Web/MMS to a Moto droid X.

If I made some errors in this guild please just send me a PM ill update it as needed.

I have tested this and it is confirmed.
Things you will need:
1. CDMA work shop 3.5+
2. NV items down load here:[Only registered and activated users can see links]
3. Metro MSL you can get it on whiterabbit also.
4. Custom rom:(I used APEX)[Only registered and activated users can see links]
5. Z4Root [Only registered and activated users can see links]

NOW ISNT THAT EASY 5 THINGS ONLY!!!

How to use all these things:
STEPS:
1. Flash the phone to metro PCS and activate it.
2. Root the phone using Z4root *SEE ABOVE*
3. Write NV items to the phone in CDMA work shop.*REBOOT THE PHONE AFTER*
4. Go into CDMA workshop and click the Evdo Tab and change the settings to
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
5. Add APEX custom rom to the root of the SD card.
6. Install rom manager into the phone from the market place.
7. Install Droid X Bootstrap you can get this from the market place I believe still.
8. Run Droid X bootstrap and do Save bootstrap.
9. Go into Clockwork Rom manager and flash clockwork recover and hit Droid X
10. Boot into Clockwork recover and follow instructions for installing a custom rom.

THIS SHOULD GET THE DROID X ALL WEB AND MMS SETTINGS TO SAVE IN PERFECTLY.

nme5513
07-27-2011, 02:50 PM
this did not work for me

nate2121
07-29-2011, 09:48 AM
How many NV items are you writing?

nme5513
07-31-2011, 06:17 PM
just the one page i downloaded

rich hathaway
07-31-2011, 06:28 PM
he means after you write them it will say something like 12 nv item sucessfully written so if it says that the answer would be 12.

44gambit44
07-31-2011, 11:30 PM
i flashed a moto droid to metro pcs and when it was all said and done they told me that they would not release the esn numbers. that they have a program that releases the esn's that only metro pcs dealers have. this was all after I searched hi and lo. I mean metro pcs started the flashing business and now they dont even mention on a website or inform any of their operators to mention that metro pcs isnt releasing esn's any more. its because they want people to buy their new phones.

if anyone can tell me something else about this it would help me out alot

rich hathaway
08-01-2011, 09:22 AM
i flashed a moto droid to metro pcs and when it was all said and done they told me that they would not release the esn numbers. that they have a program that releases the esn's that only metro pcs dealers have. this was all after I searched hi and lo. I mean metro pcs started the flashing business and now they dont even mention on a website or inform any of their operators to mention that metro pcs isnt releasing esn's any more. its because they want people to buy their new phones.

if anyone can tell me something else about this it would help me out alot

we will be glad to help you, but thread hijacking is against forum rules,please check them out. you need to start your own thread and dont hijack nates.it clutters up the forum when we post off topic subjects in any thread.
so start your own thread and check the stores and services tab on the top of the main page for help with adding your esn to metros dabase.

metriodx
08-06-2011, 09:30 PM
I don't see any apn editing on your instruction. Does the mms work without editing the apn?

nate2121
08-07-2011, 10:00 PM

With this I have the MMS receiving but not sending been trying to figure out why I am having so much trouble sending.

metriodx
09-11-2011, 03:06 AM
With this I have the MMS receiving but not sending been trying to figure out why I am having so much trouble sending.

That is just for the web, if you need mms, you need to change the apn to metropcs.net and port 3128

cellsolutions
10-06-2011, 02:54 PM
this did not work for me just use super 1 click to root, then use cdma workshop to write nv items. make sure you write the user name and password under the evdo tab. also make sure ip behaviour is set to mobile + simple. add apnbackuprestore.apk, backup the apn, then delete the backup file. that way it adds the folder to your sd card. then add the metrox apn into the apnbackuprestore folder in your sd card. after that restore the apn to your phone, write the min and mdn using droid programmer, then do a hard reset and you're all done!!! no need for any custom roms!!!

cellsolutions
10-06-2011, 03:28 PM
this did not work for me just use super 1 click to root, then use cdma workshop to write nv items. make sure you write the user name and password under the evdo tab. also make sure ip behaviour is set to mobile + simple. add apnbackuprestore.apk, backup the apn, then delete the backup file. that way it adds the folder to your sd card. then add the metrox apn into the apnbackuprestore folder in your sd card. after that restore the apn to your phone, write the min and mdn using droid programmer, then do a hard reset and you're all done!!! no need for any custom roms!!!

BHBS203
10-24-2011, 12:21 AM
This guide is just a different way in adding Web/MMS to a Moto droid X.

If I made some errors in this guild please just send me a PM ill update it as needed.

I have tested this and it is confirmed.
Things you will need:
1. CDMA work shop 3.5+
2. NV items down load here:[Only registered and activated users can see links]
3. Metro MSL you can get it on whiterabbit also.
4. Custom rom:(I used APEX)[Only registered and activated users can see links]
5. Z4Root [Only registered and activated users can see links]

NOW ISNT THAT EASY 5 THINGS ONLY!!!

How to use all these things:
STEPS:
1. Flash the phone to metro PCS and activate it.
2. Root the phone using Z4root *SEE ABOVE*
5. Add APEX custom rom to the root of the SD card.
6. Install rom manager into the phone from the market place.
7. Install Droid X Bootstrap you can get this from the market place I believe still.
8. Run Droid X bootstrap and do Save bootstrap.
9. Go into Clockwork Rom manager and flash clockwork recover and hit Droid X
10. Boot into Clockwork recover and follow instructions for installing a custom rom.

THIS SHOULD GET THE DROID X ALL WEB AND MMS SETTINGS TO SAVE IN PERFECTLY.

thanks!!!

nate2121
11-03-2011, 12:01 PM
just use super 1 click to root, then use cdma workshop to write nv items. make sure you write the user name and password under the evdo tab. also make sure ip behaviour is set to mobile + simple. add apnbackuprestore.apk, backup the apn, then delete the backup file. that way it adds the folder to your sd card. then add the metrox apn into the apnbackuprestore folder in your sd card. after that restore the apn to your phone, write the min and mdn using droid programmer, then do a hard reset and you're all done!!! no need for any custom roms!!!

Def Thank you I will be refising this guide in the near future. I was away from here for awhile but now im back. When I first wrote this guide it was a like behind par for my other guides for different stuff so I will make this 1 alot better would hate to drag down my own name with it lol.

Thanks again!

indexcow
11-15-2011, 04:17 AM
Could someone point me to a guide of how to flash the droid 2 global to metropcs?