PDA

View Full Version : Changing the SID on sprint phones (lg lotus and Lg rumor 2)

cancell
06-20-2011, 06:51 PM
I have been trying all weekend to flash a couple sprint phones to our local Carrier (Syringa wireless) everything seems to be fine in the settings, but when I go into settings>phone info>advanced It shows the SID as 4180. (Sprints Local SID is 4139) When I go into the phone through long programming The SID shows 6510 (what it should be) and when I read the phone through CDMAWare and QPST, both read the phones SID as 6510 (the one I need it to be)

When I try to make a call, a get the right message (It is not sprints error msg, but Syringa's) so I know I am on the right path, but am still unable to get either phone to connect and make a call.

I have tried various settings both from the phone and through QPST and am stumped.

any Ideas?

Thx

whitey10tc
06-20-2011, 07:07 PM
Here's a few ideas,
Verify that the MEID's are on the account and the MDN/MIN are correct. Verify that the SID is correct for your carrier. Also verify that the MEID's match sticker=what is in the phones memory.

whitey10tc
06-20-2011, 07:07 PM
Here's a few ideas,
Verify that the MEID's are on the account and the MDN/MIN are correct. Verify that the SID is correct for your carrier. Also verify that the MEID's match sticker=what is in the phones memory.

cancell
06-20-2011, 07:11 PM
Edit: I once again went through and tried all the different PRL's I had. Once I Changed The NAI settings I went back and tried the EVDO prl (even though this phone will only do talk and text on this network) and it worked. The SID still shows 4180 in the phone, but it works! again, thanks for this site! SOOOOOO much info!!!