PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Unlock My Sprint 8330?

weirdwithglasses
06-20-2011, 02:29 AM
Hi, I Was Wondering, Can Someone Help Me With This? I Want To Flash This To Virgin Mobile Because Virgin Mobile Shares The Same Towers As Sprint Does.. Would Someone Offer To Help Me?

r0mster
06-20-2011, 04:03 AM
I don't think thats possible without cloning your ESN, which is illegal.

rich hathaway
06-20-2011, 09:25 AM
vm-boost-cricket-there is several that share sprints towers,but vm wont activate any esn's that arnt in there database,is what he was trying to say.you would be better off looking for a provider that welcomes all esn's like cricket or boost.

or if its sprintcheck yer esn and if clean why not activate with sprint

LALarry
12-01-2011, 04:58 PM
Hi, I Was Wondering, Can Someone Help Me With This? I Want To Flash This To Virgin Mobile Because Virgin Mobile Shares The Same Towers As Sprint Does.. Would Someone Offer To Help Me?

I don't think unlocking will solve the "policy" at Virgin Mobile. I've been around and around with them as I have several Sprint BB's wanted to switch one over. They can run the ESN but if it doesn't come up "clean" they won't/can't activate it on their system.

In other words - it's a policy issue w/VM not a software/firmware issue. If you find out differently please post it 'cause I'd love to use some of my old devices.