PDA

View Full Version : Can i erase the flash on my Evo?

beastlykidd
06-10-2011, 10:32 PM
I went to the cricket store today to get the internet and mms flashed on my evo, and they knew i had a custom rom and all that. they said if i wipe my data again, that it would erase the flash they did and they would be notified on their computer. is this true, or some sort of scare?

ArkieKDealer
06-11-2011, 12:39 PM
Sounds like a scare. How would it notify their computer what you did with your phone?

Pac3comm1
06-14-2011, 01:28 AM
Thats about the most ignorant scare tactic I have ever heard. And believe me I have heard quite a few from customers who visited metro PCS stores before they called me. Lol. No sweat my friend

whitey10tc
06-14-2011, 12:45 PM
Yes it will erase the flash, at least the data portion. Now this also depends on if they used a proxy solution or if your on the Android plan. As for them being notified of it. I'd say search your apps for anything that seems suspicious, use the manage apps in the setting menu. The only way they would be notified is if they're tracking it using some sort of spyware, <--- highly illegal.

My suggestion is of course always do a backup.

rich hathaway
06-14-2011, 02:57 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

we have reflashed countless phones because of this,when we opened 5 years ago i would deny a free reflash and they would get pissed most everytime,but have learned that it is easier and actually less expensive to just reflash or split it with them,because they end up making such a fuss you gotta call the cops and then you lost a custy or they post on cl you are a scam because there cheap and stupid and dishonest.

so thats prolly why they lie and tell u that. its possible though kinda like that lockdown file that reports back when activated like when yer phone gets stolen you go to the websight and turn it on and it tells you where it is thru gps. so its prolly possible.