PDA

View Full Version : Slow upload speeds (HTC EVO on Cricket)

CLH
05-26-2011, 02:23 AM
Lately I've had some very pathetic upload speeds, often under 10 kbps. I've tried just about everything I can think of, flashed through many different baseband/PRI/NV versions, wiped and reloaded ROM, tried different ROMs, more PRI files than I can count. Gone through the steps to flash an EVO to Cricket (from every site I could find)
I am not anywhere near my cap for the month, so not being throttled.
Downloads are usable, but not great, usually 300-ish.
Used to consistently get 1000+down and 80+up at home
Some areas in town I used to see 500+up

First I ask, can anyone with a working EVO on Cricket share every single setting they have in QPST? Not just the ones they tell you to change when you flash, but all of them? I have a feeling something in there may be related.

Aside from that, does anyone have any ideas or questions?

oh, one other thing, does anyone know a way to get back to PRI 1.40? It's what I had originally, and what I can't seem to return to, to test if it makes a difference :(

Thank you,
-Chris

thephoneguy913
05-26-2011, 03:35 AM
Have you tried to ota your evo to get a new prl?... Mine is running a lot faster after that...and i have 1.77 pri... :-)

CLH
05-26-2011, 08:13 AM
Thanks for the quick reply!
Yep, *228 gets me 45513, but speed test results are still depressing: 91ms, 702 / 7kbps
Can you check which baseband you're on?

CLH
05-28-2011, 05:46 PM
I made the change using QPST, under the CDMA tab, "EVRC Service Options", the checkbox for EVRC Enabled is checked, and the 3 drop downs below are set to EVRC, no change, upload speed was 9 kbps this last test :(

CLH
05-28-2011, 06:10 PM
Update: I just received a new "housing" in the mail (red part under the cover that houses the antennas and speaker). I was hoping maybe there was a problem with the antenna or something ($9 from ebay, couldn't hurt...), replaced it, and speed tests are the same, very slow upload.

could you post what other settings you have for your phone in QPST?