PDA

View Full Version : messaging/web

p.dubb713
05-21-2011, 02:49 AM
I have the DROID x fully flashed everything works fine just for two minor problems 1. when sending messages and they are long ones it tells me that the wireless number is not valid something like that. 2. My web is super slow towards the end of the month is this usual...and how could I uncap my web to its full potential on cricket..
Barely could watch Youtube at all.

Please help...

rich hathaway
05-21-2011, 09:06 AM
if your using the no proxy for it then it is as fast as it will get,which should be plenty fast enough to stream.as for the cap,sorry,it is what it is. used to be we could reset the timers on accounts but a month ago we lost H.O. and the ability to do that went with it.so it is what it is as far as the cap.
there is some talk of bringing it back though.

p.dubb713
05-26-2011, 01:15 PM
Cool the problem solved it self I just recently got a ota prl from cricket I just did a *22804 and ban now I can watch videos like a regular phone...

The only thing now which I can't find anything about it is when sending a long txt message it says " xxxxxxx is not a valid wireless device" that's is crazy cause I can send smaller txts even pic messages fine... I was thinking it might have to do with message size limit but I could be guessing...or will it not send long txt like a regular phone in 2 messages...

alexmo4less
06-10-2011, 01:51 PM
Cool the problem solved it self I just recently got a ota prl from cricket I just did a *22804 and ban now I can watch videos like a regular phone...

The only thing now which I can't find anything about it is when sending a long txt message it says " xxxxxxx is not a valid wireless device" that's is crazy cause I can send smaller txts even pic messages fine... I was thinking it might have to do with message size limit but I could be guessing...or will it not send long txt like a regular phone in 2 messages...

just checking... but when it gives you the "xxxxxxx is not a valid wireless device" error, are you also including the area code you are sending the message to? even if its local, Cricket requires a 10 digit number to send it to. also, dont let most phones' capacity for 160 characters per message deceive you, Cricket could only send a max of 150 so that my also cause an error return message.

madmac
06-30-2011, 06:32 PM
i am getting the same issue but my Droid X is saying that i have no nationwide coverage or something like that ... MMS works fine only if i take pictures 5MP and smaller but 8MP and widescreen doesnt work at all, is says "file 'XXXX'.jpeg was deleted" ... is there a reason why this happens? i have my phone flashed using this tutorial [Only registered and activated users can see links] so i hope this helps with your web issues thanks, if someone can help me with the MMS issues that would be great thanks.