PDA

View Full Version : [Bin File] (HELP NEEDED!!!) Firmware Dumping Service For Sanyo Katana LX

NogginStuff
12-09-2020, 09:22 PM
Hey, I really need someone who can dump a firmware from a Sanyo Katana LX. If there's anyone who can do this service, please let me know as soon as possible. Thanks!

rich hathaway
12-10-2020, 10:57 AM
Are you trying to just recover data or something?

NogginStuff
12-10-2020, 11:29 AM
I really just want the preloaded ringtones.

rich hathaway
12-11-2020, 09:19 PM
you can get them with bitpim if you have a device to get them from

NogginStuff
12-13-2020, 02:30 PM
Really? Because I can't get BitPim to read the filesystem from my Katana LX. Is there anything specific I need to do? I really want these ringtones.

rich hathaway
12-15-2020, 08:18 PM
Its been so long I do not remember exactly, but try to select another model like one of lg's in bitpim I am pretty sure it will read it and you can dump them, if you cant get it and depending on how bad you want them, you could prob hire someone to cut them out of the firmware for you.

NogginStuff
02-10-2021, 05:01 PM
Hey, I heard you found the Motorola RAZR V3m firmware on an old hard drive of yours, and I also remember you said your Sanyo firmwares were on an old hard drive, so I'm wondering if the hard drive with the V3m firmware is the same one with the Sanyo Katana LX Firmware. If so, could you please send me the BIN file? I can't figure out for the life of me how to extract the ringtones from the phone using BitPim.

rich hathaway
02-12-2021, 02:50 PM
No I am not sure where it is or if I even have it anymore, if you have one of those devices I can pull the firmware off of it for you

NogginStuff
02-13-2021, 09:38 PM
How much would you charge to dump the firmware? What method do you use to dump the firmware? Do you dump it using a USB cable to the phone, or do you actually desolder and dump the firmware chip? It would be really nice to have these ringtones, but I also want to make sure this costs reasonably. I really don't need the firmware to be reloadable or even the firmware image itself. I just need the MIDI, PMD, QCP, and QLCM files for the ringtones and system sounds. Also, I can't PM you, because your inbox is full.

rich hathaway
02-13-2021, 11:32 PM
I cleared out some msgs so u can pm me now
I would use a cable and not need direct access to the chip so the device would not be damaged

NogginStuff
03-01-2021, 03:27 PM
UPDATE: I don't need this service done anymore, because Rich Hathaway did it for me. :)