PDA

View Full Version : 8530 SPC/MSL Method Question?

kirby9058
05-19-2011, 03:20 PM
I'm just out here wondering if it would be frowned up to post a method of getting the SPC/MSL off an 8530? I've been doing it myself lately and saving the money from ordering codes. I know the people out there do some good work to get these codes, and I don't want to hurt their business. But I also think that people should be able to get them on their own, since it's actually not too difficult. If it's okay with you guys I can post the method I've been using to get them. It's not really my work, but I feel like it's something people should know. :)

BrickSquadakkasca
05-19-2011, 04:11 PM
it would be really appreciated

whitey10tc
05-19-2011, 04:29 PM
I'm just out here wondering if it would be frowned up to post a method of getting the SPC/MSL off an 8530? I've been doing it myself lately and saving the money from ordering codes. I know the people out there do some good work to get these codes, and I don't want to hurt their business. But I also think that people should be able to get them on their own, since it's actually not too difficult. If it's okay with you guys I can post the method I've been using to get them. It's not really my work, but I feel like it's something people should know. :)The pros and cons of posting something like this.
First is it someone elses solution?

OK the Pros
It would help some "alot" of people.

OK the cons
con #1
Some d-head will come along snatch it up, twist it up and start selling codes for $1 each, while those people who have built up reps for SPC code services will suffer. Now I'm not saying anyone earns enough to make a living, but it does put extra "needed" cash in their pockets for any risks and time they spend getting the codes.

con #2
There will always be those people that "just" don't get it and will seriously harm their devices.

con #3
This would like be a solution that will receive a lot of complaints.

You might become a Hero to some and a villain to others.

We're not here to decide what information is posted as long as it doesn't violate any rules or laws. So ask yourself "does anyone already use this solution" possibly someone who sells codes, etc.

kirby9058
05-19-2011, 04:44 PM
The pros and cons of posting something like this.
First is it someone elses solution?

OK the Pros
It would help some "alot" of people.

OK the cons
con #1
Some d-head will come along snatch it up, twist it up and start selling codes for $1 each, while those people who have built up reps for SPC code services will suffer. Now I'm not saying anyone earns enough to make a living, but it does put extra "needed" cash in their pockets for any risks and time they spend getting the codes.

con #2
There will always be those people that "just" don't get it and will seriously harm their devices.

con #3
This would like be a solution that will receive a lot of complaints.

You might become a Hero to some and a villain to others.

We're not here to decide what information is posted as long as it doesn't violate any rules or laws. So ask yourself "does anyone already use this solution" possibly someone who sells codes, etc.
Yeah, I'm mostly worried about con # 2. I want to be the guy who's nice and shares my finds with everyone (because I most definitely wouldn't have been able to figure it out without you guys!

BUT the method has been posted elsewhere already. Which makes me think those D-heads probably already have the information.

I'll outline the process here:
-Wipe OS from the device
-Load up an MFI
-Use QXDM/CMDA WS to read SPC
-Restore OS and flash

Keep in mind this process is going to take awhile, so if you're working with a customer that needs their phone ASAP, you're still probably better off ordering the code for them ;) With a little practice, it's incredibly easy.

Ninja-edit: I don't think this is a method the people you order codes from are using. I believe they are either current/former employees? Or possibly have somehow got their hands on the proper algorithm (seems unlikely, but entirely possible). Correct me if I'm wrong.

rich hathaway
05-19-2011, 05:05 PM
"correct you if your wrong" ....your wrong. i am niether a current or former employee of sprint,and since i sell and generate spc's for sprint uscell cricket and others if it was like you say i would have worked at alot of places.

i spent more than a thousand dollars for what i use and can get spc's in about 1 minute.

the problem with your method is that

1- it is gonna take you well over an hour to do it and reload software

2- on those models of berry's alot of the time when you re-load them you will be getting the browser not showing back up,in which case you will be downgrading the software

so ad another hour if you can figure it out how to get it back without time searching.

3- for everyone that gets the browser not showing up-there all gonna blame you and think there phones are toast.

4- not sure who you mean by "those D--heads" but i am a nice guy..

5- the moral of the story = you cant beat a guy at what he does,my grandpa said that to me along time ago,and it is so very true
for all those probs.wouldnt it be easier to just pay me 7 bucks and have it in 1-5 min?

kirby9058
05-19-2011, 05:16 PM
"correct you if your wrong" ....your wrong. i am niether a current or former employee of sprint,and since i sell and generate spc's for sprint uscell cricket and others if it was like you say i would have worked at alot of places.

i spent more than a thousand dollars for what i use and can get spc's in about 1 minute.

2- on those models of berry's alot of the time when you re-load them you will be getting the browser not showing back up,in which case you will be downgrading the software

so ad another hour if you can figure it out how to get it back without time searching.

3- for everyone that gets the browser not showing up-there all gonna blame you and think there phones are toast.

5- the moral of the story = you cant beat a guy at what he does,my grandpa said that to me along time ago,and it is so very true
for all those probs.wouldnt it be easier to just pay me 7 bucks and have it in 1-5 min?

Those "d-heads" are who whitey was talking about, people who will try and sell codes for $1. You're not a bad person :)

1.) Not that long, to be honest. An extra 20 minutes maybe, if you're workstation isn't old and slow. I've had it take longer to receive a code. (Never got one from you, though.)

2.) When I'm flashing the browser I want isn't there anyway, so I have to load it up when I'm doing the flash. It works well for me, not saying this solution is right for everyone.

3). Ha, they can blame me for whatever they want :) I'm here to give information, not to hold people's hands through everything. There's a lot of good info out there and it's not hard to find.

4). Again, you're not a d-head that's trying to undercut people to make a few bucks. You provide a great service to a lot of people that a lot of people benefit from :) I don't want to take business away from you by any means. But we need to remember not everyone flashing out there is a working for a store! There are people out there just doing it for their friends or for a little extra cash from time to time. This solution is more viable for those people.

5). Easier? Yes. As much fun? No. :)

wthigon
05-19-2011, 05:29 PM

You spent over a thousand dollars for what you use? Damn....Is it hardware related or some sort of software?

rich hathaway
05-19-2011, 05:50 PM
it is both,i didnt think it was that big of a secret how we generate gsm proprietary codes and spc's.i have heard that some peeps use a sprint store portal but those people are all subject to immediate termination if caught,and i know for fact that sprint uses some sort of keystroke counter to keep tabs on where there employees are goin and what they are doing in the stores. so it is kinda a kick in the nuts to post this,but the more i think about it,it seems to me that the peeps who's time is valuable will not use this,only the peeps who do not have any value and dont care about there time and would never buy more than one spc.

r0mster
05-19-2011, 05:59 PM
SPC databases came from Mexico rim factories. You can get them for almost nothing now. The market has been devalued so much because everyone wanted to jump on the SPC bandwagon.

Also spcs can be mass-pulled from Sprint. But it takes a while. And you need to pull new ones when new phones come out. Same goes for worldwide bb. There are new models all the time.

Honestly the market is so bad now, solution like this really can't do much more damage. Its posted already on several other forums and we are still alive :)

rich hathaway
05-19-2011, 06:08 PM
like i said no one that values there time will use this method.the peeps that use me wont do this,its a mess to have to reload firmware just for a spc.its a joke to me

kirby9058
05-19-2011, 06:23 PM
like i said no one that values there time will use this method.the peeps that use me wont do this,its a mess to have to reload firmware just for a spc.its a joke to me
Exactly. This is really intended people who don't flash 'professionally.' Or for the DIY'er out there. If I have a customer breathing down my neck to get a flash done ASAP I'm still going to order an SPC. If I'm doing it for a friend (or just for fun), I'll do it myself and save them/me the $5-8.

wthigon
05-19-2011, 07:44 PM
How much is generated a month from spc sales...If you don't mind answering....

chaespapa
11-27-2011, 03:02 PM
Well as pathetic as it may sound, I don't have 7 bucks to get a spc code, and I would sure like someone to pm and help me get mine, I have all the software I need to finish the programming the phone over to page plus, and I would like to have use of a phone that i can actually see the screen on, this is for my use only. I have googled until I am blue in the face and have plenty of time to kill to do it manually. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

chaespapa
11-27-2011, 06:20 PM
Well as pathetic as it may sound, I don't have 7 bucks to get a spc code, and I would sure like someone to pm and help me get mine, I have all the software I need to finish the programming the phone over to page plus, and I would like to have use of a phone that i can actually see the screen on, this is for my use only. I have googled until I am blue in the face and have plenty of time to kill to do it manually. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Diregard. I am not as stupid as I thought I was, figured it out myself!