PDA

View Full Version : Iphone 4 un-flashed by update 4.2.8

kingofcarrots
05-16-2011, 09:50 PM
I updated my iphone to 4.2.8 and jailbroke the device before installing the official release. The funny thing is that after I was done installing it, the iphone reverted back to the way it was before I got it flashed. I updated to 4.2.7 and everything was breezy, the phone worked with metro from the jump, but with this one, it erased all my settings. I've tried plenty of methods to get it back on metro, but the furthest I've gotten is to installing prl 2004 and dialing *22804, but after that I download the roaming lists and I get a message saying that my phone has been activated and that it is up to date and then nothing. Now, I've tried making calls out of it, but I get the "msn 02, the call cannot be completed as dialed, please check the number and dial again" I've tried putting a 1 after the area code and nothing. Everything is correct on the dialing. I can call metro service, but I can't call no one else, or text. Can someone please help me?

rich hathaway
05-16-2011, 10:04 PM
does your meid show up in the about menu? and have you checked your acct?

kingofcarrots
05-16-2011, 10:27 PM
The MEID does show up on my menu and I haven't checked my account as it is not set up online. I have, however, called customer service and they have no clue on how to help me. I've visited a retail store and they've told me they can't help me with flashed phones.

Also, whenever I call the *22804 number and go to activate, it says that my phone is already active under a different account and that I have to wait 60 days after my bill is due, to reactive it.

rich hathaway
05-16-2011, 10:37 PM
call and check the meid on your acct.sounds like an acct prob. let us know.

kingofcarrots
05-16-2011, 11:11 PM
Okay, I'm the phone with them right now and the MEID that they gave me is completeley different than the one registered on my phone. They can't help me because they don't have any software to use on the iphone as of now, is there any way to do this myself?

rich hathaway
05-16-2011, 11:15 PM
they dont need any iphone softwares,you need to have them add the meid back to your acct.

kingofcarrots
05-16-2011, 11:20 PM
hmm, alright. I'll try again.

kingofcarrots
05-16-2011, 11:43 PM
Just finished calling and apparently, the number they gave me is my serial number (not really) and I asked if I could update my MEID and they said they couldn't do that because they needed a serial number which consists of numbers only. Hmm...

rich hathaway
05-16-2011, 11:48 PM
sorry i was assuming you had the decimal meid.you need to convert it from hexidecimal to dec,if you doint know how send it to me (in a pm only,not here in public) and i will convert it for you.

nocturnaltampa
05-17-2011, 12:03 AM
sorry i was assuming you had the decimal meid.you need to convert it from hexidecimal to dec,if you doint know how send it to me (in a pm only,not here in public) and i will convert it for you.

I have an issue, just got iphone esn in system, i updated the prl with ifunbox, with metro prl, issue now is, the first time i called *228 it had metro greeting then call ended all bars dissapeared, when they came back *228 now gets me to verizon, i checked prl its the same. is this because of 4.2.8 software? do i need to edit pri, if i do i thought settings dont stick please help?

rich hathaway
05-17-2011, 12:18 AM
I have an issue, just got iphone esn in system, i updated the prl with ifunbox, with metro prl, issue now is, the first time i called *228 it had metro greeting then call ended all bars dissapeared, when they came back *228 now gets me to verizon, i checked prl its the same. is this because of 4.2.8 software? do i need to edit pri, if i do i thought settings dont stick please help?

if your sure your prl is the right one,then you are likely roaming to verizon,so i would ask if you are in a metro "dead zone" if so drive to another location where you have a stronger metro signal and re-try the ota.

how are you checking your prl?

nocturnaltampa
05-17-2011, 08:42 AM
i have finally got the prl to load correctly , now the problem is its not correcting the settings in the phone to have my phone number programmed, now its showing a phone number of 0000004721(dont know were this number came from) , this is the part im stuck on, i know there is no way to edit the min and mdn and have it stick, and ota is not programming the number, there is no way to edit it? this is the part i cant figure out been on this for 5 hours straight...what am i missing?

rich hathaway
05-17-2011, 10:08 AM
you try'd ota and what happens? i have heard both that metro does and that they do not use ota.

thug09
05-17-2011, 05:11 PM
Okay, I'm the phone with them right now and the MEID that they gave me is completeley different than the one registered on my phone. They can't help me because they don't have any software to use on the iphone as of now, is there any way to do this myself?

The same thing happened to me, it seems like the meid changes every time you update your phone(correct me if im wrong) But You Have to get the new meid on the system and it will work again

rich hathaway
05-17-2011, 05:21 PM
guy's the meid does not change with firmware update.

kingofcarrots
05-17-2011, 06:00 PM
Yea, my number isn't showing either. I just went to the metro store and left it there. I'm paying 10 bucks to get it fixed, but I'm still curious as to how to fix this issue. They told me they'd reprogram the phone again. eh.

rich hathaway
05-17-2011, 06:28 PM
ya if you cant use the ota dont update,i have said in about a thousand posts what you almost always do after a update is start a frantic search to get back to where you were before the update.

kingofcarrots
05-20-2011, 01:11 AM
I just got my phone back and these dudes didn't fix it. Pretty upsetting. Went to some other store and dude said they'd have to take out and put my esn back on the system to fix it or something like that. I don't want to pay 60 to get it fixed. Is there any way I can do it myself?

rich hathaway
05-20-2011, 09:09 AM
hey bro call me at kc phone and flash later today (after noon) and i will try and help you get it goin again,but please wait until after noon today i am very behind this morning.

safwat2351040
05-25-2011, 05:48 PM
Hey, iam having the same probelm as this guy. Do you think you can help me too i promise to make it worth your while if it works ;)

rich hathaway
05-25-2011, 06:10 PM
what is your problem exactly,be specific.

safwat2351040
05-25-2011, 07:47 PM
ok i downloaded the prl from this site and put it on the phone and i checked if the prl changed through the dial and indeed it did change. When i hit *228 or anything else it tells me you account is not autherized to make calls on this account. Somtimes it says extended as the service. Before it use to say verizone programming but now it just says that. So i guess the prl worked or did it?

rich hathaway
05-25-2011, 11:30 PM
glad to hear your .prl wrote correctly,that was a well written guide huh??...lol...just kidding,

are you on-
cricket? metro? and what do you mean by "extended as the service"

if you posted that already sorry,but refresh my memory please.

LacLQuan
05-31-2011, 02:56 AM
Anyone found the fix for iphone unflash when update to 4.2.8. Cause it's seem like many are having the same problems