PDA

View Full Version : My test so far in AWS (Tri-Band) Market

wthigon
05-12-2011, 07:34 PM
(Getting my Droid 1 flashed in a tri-band market.)

Ok, so after days of trial and error and changing the phone's name a lot of times (cursing at it), I have managed to get wap working to some degree. Apps like mp3downloader, google maps, weather app, etc...work just fine with it. The browser will work sometimes but not all the time like the apps. The market works just fine. I was able to stream music for an hour before I had to make a phone call.

Weird issues, the data connection will sometimes drop when not using it for a good while. It will return within a few seconds and continue working. The 3G icon will sometimes come on and then go back to 1x. I'm currently connected at 1x all the time and is just fine for streaming and other stuff.

Now, how can I get it to always be 3G and get MMS working. Im in a AWS market by the way.

Update: Now I have the 3G icon all the time and everything loads fast now. Damn this is awesome. Still cant get MMS though....Any thoughts?

rich hathaway
05-12-2011, 08:08 PM
have someone look at your acct and see how much time your spending in partner coverage.we have always been able to get the flashed phones to work in aws
the prob is they are roaming,hence the issues with data and multimedia.

ArkieKDealer
05-12-2011, 09:36 PM
I agree with Rich. I'd be surprised if you can ever get anything consistently. Also, for the 1st time since they announced it I'm seeing people coming in with "cancelled" accounts due to too much usage on partner networks. So if we are right and the phone is working off partner network all the time, then you'll be shutdown after a few months.