PDA

View Full Version : Alltel HTC Desire flashing to Verizon Wireless

Eloquence
05-10-2011, 11:21 AM
Hi everyone,

I would like to say thank you to everyone who's contributed in a thread and made instructions available on how to successfully change your esn/meid on these CDMA phones. Instructions for this topic are far and few between, even here on the (English) Internet!

I have managed to swap ESNs for my wife's HTC Desire which she bought from Ebay last week. I have VZW service and we can make and receive calls with no problem. I switched the ESN from an old Moto KRZR K1m that we had.

Couple of problems: first, the KRZR has no MEID to speak of, that is, it's so old it only had an ESN, so I zeroed out the MEID. That worked fine until yesterday when I wrote a txt file which was generated from here ([Only registered and activated users can see links]), to NV_Items in CDMA Workshop. Now, the old MEID is back and we still don't have any data.

I also tried getting an xml file of the APN, making my changes and restoring it through an APN Backup & Restore, but that didn't work either.

So my questions are (if you can't be bothered to read anything else in my post) :
A) Now that the Alltel MEID is back, will that affect Verizon service on the phone?
B) How do I get Verizon data on this phone? Can anyone tell me what the settings are and what I need to do?

Thank you all so much for you help! I'd be willing to help anyone else out who's stuck on a particular part of an ESN swap if need be. :cool:

-Elo

whitey10tc
05-10-2011, 11:43 AM
"Swapping" ESN's as you call it is cloning and is against the forum rules and Federal laws. I urge you to review the forum rules and then you will be welcome back after your 24 hr ban is over. We will not have any further discussion of cloning.

Thread closed.