PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Mesmerize (USCC i500) diagnostic mode?

kirby9058
05-07-2011, 01:43 PM
I've been trying to get this phone to read in CDMA WS all day and haven't made much progress. Just hoping someone out there might be able to help me out. I know on the VZW i500 (like most other androids I have worked with) you have to enable USB Debugging and Dial Up Networking. The only problem is that the USCC i500 doesn't have the Dial Up Networking option :(. I've been doing searches all day and have tried multiple different dial strings, drivers, and using QPST instead of CDMAWS.

If nobody out there has a solution, it would be greatly appreciated. My friend want to switch the the cricket network and I'm sure he paid a pretty penny for this phone. I'd hate to tell him it can't be done, but that's how it's looking so far.

aschwiso
05-07-2011, 01:55 PM
make sure you have the phone in modem mode. ##8778#

aschwiso
05-07-2011, 01:57 PM
Also you might need to downgrade the software using odin

kirby9058
05-07-2011, 02:05 PM

Thank you so much, worked like a charm. No idea why I couldn't find this info all day, it's really quite simple. Made my day!

aschwiso
05-07-2011, 02:09 PM
no problem. I worked on that thing for a few hours myself before i figured it out

wadi
05-07-2011, 08:55 PM
Also you might need to downgrade the software using odin

can you explain how you down you downgrade the software do u have the downgrade bin

nephesh72
05-17-2011, 12:02 PM
Hi ashwiso i have one i500 try the code but wont do nothing when i enter the code if i press send just dial a call i will try to find the software to downgradesee if taht works..

barrios
05-17-2011, 01:11 PM
Phone Pre-Setup:

Provisioning Instructions

First make sure the Samsung SCH-i500 is in the on position using MTC Cable. Make sure your connection between the handset and computer are secure and snap in correctly. Wait for the charging symbol to appear on the screen.

Additional Pre-Provisioning Instructions

Menu > Settings > Wireless & Networks
Enable Dial up Networking
Next..
Menu > Settings > Applications > Development
Enable USB Debugging
Be sure you have installed the drivers from the downloads section of the helpdesk

Additional Issues
Always make sure the drivers for the handset have been installed correctly.
If your handset is not being detected view the most common issues below
Damaged data port on the handset itself. Check for water damage or damage to the data port on the handset.
USB driver conflict (Most Common) Download and install the drivers we supply on our website.

Device and Programming Instructions:

Manual Programming:

Power the phone on and open up the dialer

Enter *#83786633 then press the Home key

Re-open the dialer (clear any previously entered numbers) and enter *#22745927

Enter SPC 000000 then select "Hiddenmenu Enable" followed by OK

Enter **772 to enter service programming and enter SPC 000000 then OK

Press Enter to skip MEID, ESN, and AKEY

Enter 10-digit MDN at "CDMA Directory#" screen followed by Return

Enter 10-digit MSIN/MIN followed by Return

Verify CDMA HomeSID then press Return twice when done

The phone will power cycle and programming is now complete

nephesh72
05-17-2011, 03:51 PM
never mind got it to work **usbui and it work was able to repair meid with cws.. vishalkumar had posted the code in another forum.

pzernik
05-18-2011, 11:30 AM
type ##33284# go to Dial Up Networking

kirby9058
05-18-2011, 03:11 PM
I would just like to toss in that I was able to get this one flashed using the ##8778# suggestion. I was using the driver for the Samsung moment and used a no proxy method in CDMA WS. It was actually a pretty easy flash.

parin
05-25-2011, 04:17 AM
Samsung Mesmerize Daig Mode Simplified
If u are in 2.1
Than Simply tick the Dail Up Newtorking in Settings>Wireless & Networks
If u are in 2.2
Than Dail ##8778#
Select Modem in USB