PDA

View Full Version : hct hero on virgin mobile posible?

get_fedup
05-04-2011, 06:08 PM
AM JUST ASKING!!!!

I own the Lg Rumor Touch on Virgin Mobile, it is a pretty fair phone if you just want to txt your friends, call people and surf the web, this is a phone that has plenty of power to do that. but if you want to really interact with your phone you might want an android or an iphone, i got no job so i cant afford a 2 year contract paying 60 to 80 buck each month, so i will want my $25 plan on one of those nice phones.

am getting an htc hero for free (sprint) i would like to know if it is possible to activate it on the the Virgin Mobile

I saw some where that it was possible to clone the ESN and write it on the phone i want to activate, it is illegal but is it legal if i own both phones, am willing to to throw my rumor in to my drawer and never use it again.

if it is possible plz let me know if its legal and how can it be done!!!
thanks before hand!!

whitey10tc
05-04-2011, 07:24 PM
Cloning is a felony in the USA. This is why the discussion of cloning is against the forum rules. The law does not care rather you own both devices or not it's still a clone. Then there's the fraud involved. So I advice you to take a look at the forum rules, then do a quick search here on gurus for ESN cloning, it'll provide you with some good info on the legality of it. Some old some new and a lot of different opinions.
Generally members discussing cloning receive a ban, in this instance your only asking about the legality part. So let's not cross that thin line.

get_fedup
05-04-2011, 07:43 PM
Cloning is a felony in the USA. This is why the discussion of cloning is against the forum rules. The law does not care rather you own both devices or not it's still a clone. Then there's the fraud involved. So I advice you to take a look at the forum rules, then do a quick search here on gurus for ESN cloning, it'll provide you with some good info on the legality of it. Some old some new and a lot of different opinions.
Generally members discussing cloning receive a ban, in this instance your only asking about the legality part. So let's not cross that thin line.
i see ... :/ so no way to flash the htc hero in VM huh?

whitey10tc
05-04-2011, 09:46 PM
If vm would accept the esn then yes. Otherwise no.