PDA

View Full Version : PLease Help. Evo 4g shift on Metro. Web setup.

nate2121
05-02-2011, 11:06 AM
I am hopping I can maybe get a little help with this I've been trying so long to get the web settings for metro web onto the evo and evo shift but for some reason it wont work.
Here is what I have been doing:
1. Changing all information possible and adding the metro PRL to the evo in cdma workshop.
2. Writing NV items to the phone after I reset it in CDMA workshop I am getting 11 items success.
3. Activating the phone on metro (Talk and text work fine).
4. Installing anycut to the phone and going to new short cut, activity, apn.
5. Changing the APN to these settings:
Proxy: wap.metropcs.net
Port: 3128
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
Password: metropcs
6. Then saving the apn settings then reset the phone, the apn settings are still there.

Not sure what I am missing but I think that is right or at least I believe so. If anyone could help me with the missing piece that would be great I've been trying for days now with no sucess.

Scuba
05-02-2011, 08:39 PM
I am hopping I can maybe get a little help with this I've been trying so long to get the web settings for metro web onto the evo and evo shift but for some reason it wont work.
Here is what I have been doing:
1. Changing all information possible and adding the metro PRL to the evo in cdma workshop.
2. Writing NV items to the phone after I reset it in CDMA workshop I am getting 11 items success.
3. Activating the phone on metro (Talk and text work fine).
4. Installing anycut to the phone and going to new short cut, activity, apn.
5. Changing the APN to these settings:
Proxy: wap.metropcs.net
Port: 3128
Password: metropcs
6. Then saving the apn settings then reset the phone, the apn settings are still there.

Not sure what I am missing but I think that is right or at least I believe so. If anyone could help me with the missing piece that would be great I've been trying for days now with no sucess.

Nate make it easy on yourself and just flash a custom rom to it like I dunno "Metrodroid" :) Then it will save you alot of trouble

nate2121
05-02-2011, 09:14 PM
I thought about that but I figured I still would have to add the web settings to it.

nate2121
05-02-2011, 09:17 PM
good job but you need to use the phones msl for the password not metropcs thats the old way get the msl by putting your meid into this generator GOOD LUCK TO YOU....

To be honest I feel like a tool right now cuz i saw that option but then didn't know that that was for that i feel like a complete rtard