PDA

View Full Version : Motorola MEID / ESN Repair Dongles Suggestions?

markymark805
04-30-2011, 11:05 AM
Anyone have any recommendations on a good dongle to get so I can repair ESN / MEID's on the cdma motorolas?

Ive found a few, but seems like they are only for the older Moto's. Looking for ones that will work on the Droid series and the newer ones.

Pac3comm1
04-30-2011, 01:34 PM
two words... Smart Clip.

drkcobra
04-30-2011, 04:07 PM
You aren't going to find anything that will work on the Droids at present.

markymark805
04-30-2011, 06:01 PM
Drkcobra, not even smart clip?

Thanks Pac

drkcobra
05-01-2011, 11:20 AM
Drkcobra, not even smart clip?

Thanks Pac

No not even Smart-Clip, MSSbox or GM-box. I own the first 2 and each does a couple of different models the other doesn't, but no Droids for a variety of technical reasons I will expand upon later when I have more time. (...and I am not just starting my first cup of coffee. LOL)

dilworks
05-01-2011, 06:53 PM
As of today, no box/dongle does any of the Droids.

For the newer dumbphones, the solutions are even more scarse: all the usual boxes have stopped the addition of support for the post-2008 lineup: Smart-Clip only does the VE20, while MSSbox although it announces "MEID/ESN repair for the QA30", it actually kills them (well, they're left in bootloader, as i've read). And you can forget on all hopes with the VE465/VE440/the WX series/V3s... As for Smart-Clip, it seems that they only care about cheap Mediatek-based phones these days (including the whole GSM WX series, which are based on those crappy ICs)

There is another new dongle that does those later models: Motodongle "PRIVATE edition". It works with the VE20/Q9c/VE465/WX404/QA30/V3s. However, it's only available in Venezuela (!), and it's INSANELY EXPENSIVE ($375 for a non-upgradable device that doesn't even work with older models!!!), since it was made by some greedy folks (proof: they're only releasing 100 units of it to the Venezuelan market, and that's all - unless you're drowning on a pool of old Vegas, don't ever think into recovering your investment soon...)

markymark805
05-02-2011, 12:25 AM
Well looks like I wont continue my quest for a dongle for the new ones for esn meid repairs then!