PDA

View Full Version : Iphone4 verizon flashed to Metropcs !!! it is working but no web

kingtut
04-23-2011, 10:20 PM
Hi Guys
I managed to flash my Verizon Iphone4 to Metropcs , the step are simple, but not perfect here it is

1) I unlocked and jailbreak the iphone using greenpoison
2) then i dialed *22804 send then press 5 from your iPhone keypad , or say "Roaming List" at the prompt. than it will download the roaming list to your iphone when it finich your done
3) than dial *228 and select option 2 if you have metropcs account to switch your phone and that it
4) if you dont have metropcs just go to metropcs and activate your iphone and it.

you will get phone and sms only for now, unless someone found a way to get web

also when u go to setting and general and about , it will not say metropcs as network , i dont know how to do it , i have seen people did change the network name to cricket, but they did not say how .. i hope if some can share the info how they did it and what file and what tool they used to change it..

please read the following and you will see what i am talking about :

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

thanks and good luck

nate2121
04-24-2011, 01:07 PM
Just as an FYI you wont be able to activate an account with the iphone you will have to activate any devise that is a metro phone then switch it the iphone over the phone with *228 and option 2.
Also for anyone make sure you either don't add a high security password or if you have one you need to take it off.
If anyone needs the meid added to the metro network just send me a pm.

Pac3comm1
04-25-2011, 02:35 AM
Just out of curiosity, what s the big deal with the high security password?

nate2121
04-25-2011, 02:44 PM
I haven't figured it out yet but any time you try and activate a phone with a high security password it does not go though right it just says not able to activate no matter what you do.

Pac3comm1
04-25-2011, 09:21 PM
That is because it is a HIGH SECURITY password. meaning you can only access the account by showing up in person. It is to prevent people from making changes to an account fraudulently.

poloplay
04-26-2011, 11:44 PM
I Need Help On Fully Flashing My Iphone 4 So Far I Did The Roaming List By *22804 I Need Some Step By Step Information So I Can Fully Flash My Phone Please Help

nate2121
05-01-2011, 08:49 AM
Well after doing that then you just need to have someone add the MEID to the network.
If you need me to do so send me a pm.

rich hathaway
05-01-2011, 10:39 AM
I Need Help On Fully Flashing My Iphone 4 So Far I Did The Roaming List By *22804 I Need Some Step By Step Information So I Can Fully Flash My Phone Please Help

full flash is not possible on this handset yet

Oo Montreechai
05-05-2011, 02:11 AM
This is my situation.

1. I jailbreak iPhone4 Verizon using Redsnow
2. I have not activate to verizon yet.
3. I have someone add MEID to MetroPCS inventory, charged $20.
4. I tried to activate to MetroPCS online in its website but didn't work.
5. So I call a Metro CS. She helped me activate new account, give me a new number then she asked me to try a test call. I said I don't know how to activate the device. When she knew it's iPhone4, she had no idea about it and told me to go to a corporate store.

My question is how can I get MetroPCS signal? What I gotta do next? I dial *22804 but nothing happens. Only *228 works but it's Verizon service at another end.

Please help me and guide me through this. I suffer from a scumbag who sold me this iPhone and I did't check it's not for GSM network.

san20176
05-19-2011, 01:29 PM
make sure you have a signal strenght, then dial *22804 and as soon as you hear the operator say roaming list, wait for it to load the prl and then the phone will reboot. then dial *228 and folow the propmts to activate the phone it will do the over the air progamming and that's it.

arvinghost
05-22-2011, 03:53 PM
for metroPCS *22806 worked for me but my number is not programmed in the phone yet even tho updating the roaming list went through good.

metroPCS don't have over the air anymore once the phone is activated like my case.

safwat2351040
05-24-2011, 02:00 AM
ok i dont have a meto pc line activated or anything. i want the phone to be read for activating before anything. So the phone is jailbroken and i hit the *22804 and nothing happens.do i have to edit the .prl or do i just have to get a line activated first? I read many tutorials so iam kinda of confused.

san20176
05-30-2011, 01:18 PM
I manage to get everything but the web, the web just isn't working at all.

rich hathaway
05-30-2011, 01:50 PM
please dont make duplicate posts or bump your posts it is against forum rules and clutters up gurus.
there are several different ways techs are working on flashing this phone,most all of them start with a sig bypass or patch for the commcenter and other bypasses for different sig checks. this phone has many,and without bypassing them any changes to carrier bundles will break the sig and render web un-usable.

r0mster
05-30-2011, 02:54 PM

So you have talk&text? Thats been around since the first week of February.

san20176
05-30-2011, 04:33 PM
So you have talk&text? Thats been around since the first week of February.

yes i have talk and text but most people don't even know how to do that, and the internet works but only for a few sec just to open a page and then stops because the 3g disappears.

mark805
06-07-2011, 05:33 AM
san20176
Re: Iphone4 verizon flashed to Metropcs !!! it is working but no web

i have my iphone with metro but mine does not say metropcs services under settings/phone
Do U Get MMS ?

rich hathaway
06-07-2011, 08:25 AM
mms works thru web,so thats a big negative on the mms.

amaciasv87
06-09-2011, 01:01 AM
I read the whole thread, I don't know how to use Houdini workshop :( or how to even get my ESN activated, I did all of this so far:

-I got the iphone jailbroken with Snowbreeze 2.7.3 and IPSW 2.4.8 it got me cydia
-Then installed the repository from it and the program to navigate.
-downloaded this .plr ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) the latest one 3018, renamed it as it says
-Used DiskAid and placed it in the right folder, I checked it by doing the *#5005*4357# then send part. My PRL version is 3018 and my ERI version is 6.
-As a result, my iphone network (the bars and provider name) changed from just showing me bars to showing me a Extended tag next to the bars. When I choose: Settings>>General>>about: the network says Extended too but the carrier still says Verizon 10.1
-if I call *228 or *22804 I get a Verizon voice machine, asking me to either activate the phone or to upgrade carrier settigns, when I choose to upgrade, it ends the call. If I call 611 it tells me Ranger network doesn't support my phone

So now I dont know how to get my MetroPCS number in my iphone, I don't have a verizon number to activate the iphone. What's the next step, or if I skipped a step, how do I get my MetroPCS number, now that I have changed the PLR.

Help please :(

san20176
07-06-2011, 07:05 PM
you don't have to do all that mate, the first thing you need to do is to get the ESN of your iphone flashed to metropcs, that has to be done first. after that is done just dial *22804 from the iphone and when you hear the female voice greeting just say ROAMING LIST and then it will ask you to confirm just say YES and wait until it finishes. once that is done now dial *228 from the cellular phone and follow the voice prompts " you should choose the one that says swap phones or esn change" follow that and that should do it.

how do you add ther ESN into metropcs??? google is your friend for that or ask anybody that works for metro to added for you.

I read the whole thread, I don't know how to use Houdini workshop :( or how to even get my ESN activated, I did all of this so far:

-I got the iphone jailbroken with Snowbreeze 2.7.3 and IPSW 2.4.8 it got me cydia
-Then installed the repository from it and the program to navigate.
-downloaded this .plr ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) the latest one 3018, renamed it as it says
-Used DiskAid and placed it in the right folder, I checked it by doing the *#5005*4357# then send part. My PRL version is 3018 and my ERI version is 6.
-As a result, my iphone network (the bars and provider name) changed from just showing me bars to showing me a Extended tag next to the bars. When I choose: Settings>>General>>about: the network says Extended too but the carrier still says Verizon 10.1
-if I call *228 or *22804 I get a Verizon voice machine, asking me to either activate the phone or to upgrade carrier settigns, when I choose to upgrade, it ends the call. If I call 611 it tells me Ranger network doesn't support my phone

So now I dont know how to get my MetroPCS number in my iphone, I don't have a verizon number to activate the iphone. What's the next step, or if I skipped a step, how do I get my MetroPCS number, now that I have changed the PLR.

Help please :(

mself69
07-11-2011, 08:15 PM
I've added ESN to Metro
I've dialed *22804, got the roaming list.
*#5005*4357# tells me I got PRL=2004 and ERI=6
I dial *228, try to reactivate and it tells me number is associated to another account.
Customer rep asks for make of phone to reprogram it.
I don't think I should say Iphone... hung up.
What now?

chileno
07-21-2011, 02:19 PM
Last nite I dialed *22804 and got metroPCS was about to switch phones and the woman asked for a security code.. which I didnt think of at the moment, being all excited lololol
anyway today I got security and I dialed *22804 and nothing happenssssssssss I dialed *228 and i get Verizon.. last night I got Metro... what do I do?/ what happened???
any help please?

rich hathaway
07-21-2011, 05:53 PM
keep trying,move to different area,or write your metro prl to the phone then try again

C.d.M.a/D.J-1
09-08-2011, 12:38 AM
my phone is stuck in usb n itunes mode dude... what can i do

moeh1234
09-22-2011, 10:46 PM
Restore your iphone.

rich hathaway
09-23-2011, 09:48 AM
use tiny umbrella to kick it out of recovery or if that doesnt work,use the tool fixrecovery43 to get it working,only restore it if you dont mind a tetherd jailbreak.(most people do not want that)

juan8050
10-21-2011, 02:33 PM
does anybody know of someone or somewhere that will add my MEID of my iphone 4 to the metro pcs inventory in southern california? I've gone to several metro pcs stores around my area and they are all telling that they can not manually add an MEID to the inventory. I've called 611 and they tell me to go to a local store. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

mannyhector
10-21-2011, 05:03 PM
text me at 661 3888888

mannyhector
10-21-2011, 05:04 PM
@rich, so web is still not available for iphone 4 on metro pcs?

BHBS203
10-24-2011, 12:19 AM
Hi Guys
I managed to flash my Verizon Iphone4 to Metropcs , the step are simple, but not perfect here it is

1) I unlocked and jailbreak the iphone using greenpoison
2) then i dialed *22804 send then press 5 from your iPhone keypad , or say "Roaming List" at the prompt. than it will download the roaming list to your iphone when it finich your done
3) than dial *228 and select option 2 if you have metropcs account to switch your phone and that it
4) if you dont have metropcs just go to metropcs and activate your iphone and it.

you will get phone and sms only for now, unless someone found a way to get web

also when u go to setting and general and about , it will not say metropcs as network , i dont know how to do it , i have seen people did change the network name to cricket, but they did not say how .. i hope if some can share the info how they did it and what file and what tool they used to change it..

please read the following and you will see what i am talking about :

thanks and good luck

thanks!!!!

Tatoasahi
01-03-2012, 02:34 PM
Just one question how do you flash an iPhone 4. I've been looking throught the forum but I have no idea of what your talking about please help or pm me

daysonfeliz
01-12-2012, 09:27 PM
I need my meid added!

rich hathaway
01-13-2012, 12:32 PM
I need my meid added!

check the stores and services tab on the top for help.

molosos
02-18-2012, 12:58 AM
When i call *228 it takes me to customer service what do i do ????

Gerardo Guzman
03-06-2012, 11:46 PM
Do you know how to add meid / esn to metropcs?
please let me now, i am stuck there .

whitey10tc
03-07-2012, 12:19 AM
Do you know how to add meid / esn to metropcs?
please let me now, i am stuck there .It needs to be done by a dealer, contact our Metro Mod pac3comm1 via PM. He might still do them or have some leads. But rumor has it that Metro is going to kill the hudini flashing that allows this.

Beto Alvarez
05-05-2012, 08:50 PM
so, can someone help me to get my MEID in metro pcs database? i'l apreciate it! hope someone whit good senses can help, if you wish/can help me, please let me know! :dejection:

rich hathaway
05-06-2012, 12:39 PM
so, can someone help me to get my MEID in metro pcs database? i'l apreciate it! hope someone whit good senses can help, if you wish/can help me, please let me know! :dejection:

bro,read the post before yours,it tells you what to do and who to contact to get it added.

Beto Alvarez
05-06-2012, 01:16 PM
bro,read the post before yours,it tells you what to do and who to contact to get it added.
thanks for replying and sorry for my bad english, i'm not in america so i'm trying to activate mi wife's iphone to metroPCS network, bur they refuse to flash it, so that's why i came here to ask for help, so there's some things that i can't understand so i choose the easy way, i read all the post, and i load to iphone the prl file and rename it but no signal(she's in california i'm doing this remotely) so i would like to ask, is this working on IOS 5.1? that iphone is running on IOS 4.2.8 but i would like to update it to latest version, and im not sure if this will work! thanks in advance!

Edmundoo_
07-11-2012, 07:56 PM
Can someone help me please !
I have a jailbroken sprint iPhone 4 running on iOS 5.1.1
I have no idea on how to start flashing the phone, I've read multiple posts but there not well guided.
Can someone help or pm or something ?

marley183rd
07-11-2012, 08:18 PM

marley183rd
07-11-2012, 08:22 PM
Can someone help me please !
I have a jailbroken sprint iPhone 4 running on iOS 5.1.1
I have no idea on how to start flashing the phone, I've read multiple posts but there not well guided.
Can someone help or pm or something ?
You need to add a bit more info to your request bro... What company are you trying to flash over to? did you at least achieve the basics like changing the spc, prl, installing commcenter patch, openssh?

Edmundoo_
07-12-2012, 07:19 PM
I haven't yet changed any of that, I don't understand on how to do it. I understand the basics of openssh and everything, and I'm trying to flash over to MetroPCS. You mind helping me bro ?

Update: I just entered the CommCenter Patch. I need help tho with changing the spc and getting my esn into the metropcs inventory. I kinda understand how to change the prl but I'm also kinda stuck on it too. If you can help me out bro, I'd greatly appreciate it !

RAP20007
07-28-2012, 09:29 AM
hello ,my friend , i wonder if you can add my iphones meid to the metro pcs network, i will appreciated that ,thanks you in advance

ADDIX
09-19-2012, 02:02 AM
can u help me add my MEID to tha metro network please...?

gjonesslick50
10-25-2012, 06:07 AM
i found this browsing around and flashed iphone 4 to metropcs and it works on verizon but sprint wont rec metro prl. i dont know how to install prl manualy so sprint is useless to me.