PDA

View Full Version : Samsung galaxy S Fascinate personal info problem PLEASE HELP

aslangum
04-23-2011, 08:06 PM
Hi,

I recently bought a bad esn samsung fascinate and got it flashed to cricket(paid 50 bucks).now im trying to access market but its stuck in last person`s account which i dont have the password for.i would do a factory restore but im afraid it will erase my flash.does anyone have a solution?

also the guy said something about not messing with the superuser since thats how its flashed.

Please help.im willing to do anything to get my gmail account on there.

Thanks

ownmart
04-23-2011, 08:18 PM
only way I know is by wiping the device...
which you will lose your flash
so you may be screwed on that part if you didn't flash it yourself(based on your post) or know how to flash

dslisfree
05-10-2011, 03:52 PM
Try going into Settings>Accounts&Sync , see if you can remove the default account and add yours. Or add yours along with the default account.

aschwiso
05-10-2011, 03:57 PM
i have done a few of these to wipe out the account. The flashed seemed to stick on a couple of them. and the superuser should stay. Just means the phone was rooted. But you do run the risk of wiping out the full flash.

bunnypwny
05-11-2011, 01:09 AM
ask ur flasher if they have any type of warranty. or see if they are nice enough to reflash it because of your reason.

kirby9058
05-14-2011, 10:22 AM
Any decent store will wipe and re-flash it for you, if you purchased it in a store. Otherwise you can go to accounts & sync in settings and remove their google account and put in your own. Anything stored on the memory of the phone from the previous owner will still be there, but that's easily removed. There's a good chance that doing a hard reset could break your 3G and MMS settings.