PDA

View Full Version : Help with Samsung Exclaim M550 flash to Cricket

b_rod
04-21-2011, 09:08 PM
Hi guys, I have been reading and researching the internet for days. I am trying to say money and flash an old phone that was given to me. The phone is: SAMSUNG EXCLAIM M550. I am with Cricket and my phone is wearing down. I found the programs I need (CDMAWorkshop2.7, QPST_2.7.348), but I have encountered some problems: - I am not sure which PRL to use (would you be willing to link it?) - I have the phone connected to the computer and the driver is installed, BUT it doesn't show up as a modem, it shows up as a storage device. Because the phone isn't showing up as a modem, I can't configure and find the com port it is listed under. This is as far as I have gotten. I am new to flashing, but I am computer literate. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, B

rich hathaway
04-21-2011, 10:20 PM
you need it to show up as samsung diagnostic usb port in device manager. what os on your pc? 64 bit installations of win 7 and vista are problematic and should be run xp compatibilty mode. try plugging into a different usb port. also try to restart the pc and the phone.

Wrecked Johnson
04-22-2011, 01:51 AM
disable mass stor. mode for the phone to connect as modem, load 42900 prl it works awesome. Instinct WAP solution has the info you need for web, locate samsun pst and the dll for the excllaim and write your web settins.

b_rod
04-23-2011, 03:35 AM
you need it to show up as samsung diagnostic usb port in device manager. what os on your pc? 64 bit installations of win 7 and vista are problematic and should be run xp compatibilty mode. try plugging into a different usb port. also try to restart the pc and the phone.

I have a computer with XP so I will be using that os.

disable mass stor. mode for the phone to connect as modem, load 42900 prl it works awesome. Instinct WAP solution has the info you need for web, locate samsun pst and the dll for the excllaim and write your web settins.

How would I disable the mass storage mode? I presume that I would do that through the phone itself right? Would you be so kind as to walk me through it? I just got the phone and am not too familiar with it. Thanks.

rich hathaway
04-23-2011, 10:37 AM
mass storage is in the tools menu #6 i believe,open it and you will be presented with 4 more choices,the first is connect to pc and as right as that sounds,you dont want that,that will disable the diagnostic serial port. really all you do to disable mass storage is just pull out the sd card and if you still have probs connecting then you most likely have a driver,cable,or port prob.