PDA

View Full Version : huawei ascend in cdmaworkshop /qpst?

viper
04-19-2011, 05:04 PM
Im trying to connect to it in cdmaworkshop

i installed the driver with the files on the phone.

i did *#*#2846579#*#* then Project Menu>>Background Settings>>Modem Switch to put it in diag mode.

in cdmaworkshop i see 4 ports and tried each one. none of them could connect.

screenshot [Only registered and activated users can see links]

am i using the right drivers?

san20176
05-17-2011, 07:53 PM
where did you get the drivers??? I might be able to helop you since i am looking to flash this phone as well.

if you have the drivers post a link to download and i will help you with your problem.

viper
05-18-2011, 11:40 AM
the drivers are on the phones hardrive and can be installed when you connect the phone

aschwiso
05-18-2011, 03:34 PM
Make sure your usb debugging is on! That should create another port

san20176
05-18-2011, 03:50 PM
i did installed the drivers by going trought the phones memory, but what we need to do is put this phone in DIAG mode, those ports are not going to connect to CW. the only working port is the Modem Port but CW does not support that howvere houdinis oft odes but it does not do what i want to do.

John Culverson
06-17-2011, 10:14 AM
Connect on the DBAdapter Reseved Interfacec. Mine was on Com 21

John Culverson
06-17-2011, 10:20 AM
Drivers are on the phone. When you open the Port DBAdapter Reserved Interface Com 21 Just Enter your SPC and your all set to Provision (flash).

metroPCS Acsend --> PagePlus 3G Data Fully Functioning $29.95 monthly and havent exceeded data 100 mb in usage per month Yay!

jonfon
06-25-2011, 05:13 PM
open device manager on your pc. select the port that your phone is connected to "dbAdapter reserved interface". under ports section. right click, hit properties, port settings tab, advanced. select a lower port number. you can use com ports that are being used if you want also. cdma workshop doesnt read com 1 and 2 i believe. i used com 10.

DDTD
06-29-2011, 05:29 PM
I have the M860 which I need to change the PRL and EVDO settings. I have read the above posts but it does not work for me. I have selected USB Debugging but no addition ports show up in Com Ports. The only ports that do show up is Androird Adapter, DBAdapter Reserved Interface and DBConsole Reserved Interface. I have tried the CDMA Workshop to connect with these ports but it wil no. Is there any help anybody can offer me? Thanks already.

metriodx
07-01-2011, 03:16 PM
I want to flash the 860 but cmda ws only read the min and mdn but it won't let me do anything else with out the spc and it is not 000000. How can I get the spc code for ascend?

DDTD
07-01-2011, 03:22 PM
Give me the ESN or MEID and I can give you the SPC. That is if the phone is in Metro PCS.

cellking262
08-28-2011, 03:18 PM
i have a huawei m860 can't get the spc from ws, but ws don't send spc code to the spc code box, i unlock it with 16 digit password (ffffffffffffffff) and it send succesfull but the spc code don't apear. so far i could manage on getting some codes

333039323936, 309296, 303030303030, but no luck.
i been goggling for the (read memory) start address and i tried to use ram method on ws start address and end address but can't find it.

i tried unicdma but i need the start address for the memory to open it with winhex.

any help u can provide me.

If u can provide me with the spc code it will be the best. thx for u help.

cellking262
08-28-2011, 03:26 PM
i have a huawei m860 can't get the spc from ws, but ws don't send spc code to the spc code box, i unlock it with 16 digit password (ffffffffffffffff) and it send succesfull but the spc code don't apear. so far i could manage on getting some codes

333039323936, 309296, 303030303030, but no luck.
i been goggling for the (read memory) start address and i tried to use ram method on ws start address and end address but can't find it.

i tried unicdma but i need the start address for the memory to open it with winhex.

any help u can provide me.

Give me the ESN or MEID and I can give you the SPC. That is if the phone is in Metro PCS.

thenoblemobile
08-31-2011, 06:16 PM
On a related note, I have an M865 Ascend 2 that I cannot get into diag mode yet. I tried following above instructions. It does bring me to the described menu "Background Settings" but i do not see a modem switch mode. Here are the usbSetting options:
Normal Mode, Google Mode, CTS Test Mode, Manufacture Mode, Authentication, other mode, and slate mode.
I have the ADB drivers, and those install fine, but it never asks me to install anything specific to huawei. I would love some help, thanks

H4Knewb
03-08-2012, 07:22 PM
On a related note, I have an M865 Ascend 2 that I cannot get into diag mode yet. I tried following above instructions. It does bring me to the described menu "Background Settings" but i do not see a modem switch mode. Here are the usbSetting options:
Normal Mode, Google Mode, CTS Test Mode, Manufacture Mode, Authentication, other mode, and slate mode.
I have the ADB drivers, and those install fine, but it never asks me to install anything specific to huawei. I would love some help, thanks

Using the same instructions you mentioned I connected to cdma ws by selecting the "Normal Mode" option and gave me a port labeled "DBAdaptor Reserved Interface". Flashed this phone successfully. :)

Just a side note, for drivers luckily I had the first Huawei Ascend drivers installed previously which allowed this phone to install for me. So it seems they use the same drivers, if this helps any.

wireless88
10-16-2012, 01:46 AM
the default code for that phone is 000000 or go to a meid or esnonverter ite you the spc. the only thing i need to know is how do i use cdma workshop with the huawei ascend to put in a different meid or esn .can someone help me with this one. ive done everything manually to the phone i just cant do the esn manually.this is frustrating me

whitey10tc
10-16-2012, 01:57 AM
the default code for that phone is 000000 or go to a meid or esnonverter ite you the spc. the only thing i need to know is how do i use cdma workshop with the huawei ascend to put in a different meid or esn .can someone help me with this one. ive done everything manually to the phone i just cant do the esn manually.this is frustrating meTry this goto this link ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) and hit ctrl+F and enter cloning, then after that take the minute and read the whole page.